Chapter 8

This Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You didn’t like the looks your two friends were giving you. You still felt the flush in your cheeks as you avoided their probing gazes on your face. Yoora had a wide creepy smile on her face that gave you goosebumps and made you nervous. Hwami was still sneaking looks over her shoulder at the group of boys you just left behind before looking at you again.

“Soooo… Jejudo,” she wiggled her eyebrows.

“He’s one of the boys who regularly greets me,” you quickly explained.

Yoora smirked at you, “So he’s one of the boys you haven’t told us about.”

“Ah,” you were caught. You bowed your head before admitting it, “Yes, he is.”

“I think I recognize him from somewhere,” Hwami tilted her head and looked like she was thinking intently.

“Which one?” Yoora grabbed her shoulder and Hwami shook it off.

“The one that greeted our Jejudo.” Yoora looked back and Hwami pushed her, “Yah, don’t make it obvious you’re looking.”

“What? They’re totally checking us out,” Yoora rolled her eyes. “I just thought I should return the favor.” You buried your face in your hands feeling embarrassed.

Hwami scoffed but didn’t dispute this. She merely flicked her hair over her shoulder, “Seriously though. I recognize that guy.” She frowned, “I think his name starts with a ‘J’ and he’s already popular with the girls here.”

You knew his name but Hwami didn’t like it when she was told something she already knew or was sure she knew. She would rather come to terms with it herself even at the most random of times as she yelled out the answer when she finally remembered.  You remember when she did this in the middle of the cafeteria during lunch one day about celebrity gossip. You and Yoora couldn’t stop laughing that day even when Hwami hit the two of you rather hard.

She started snapping her fingers which meant she was soooo close to getting it and next to her Yoora was mimicking her actions with gusto making you smile at her secretly.

You couldn’t help but cast a worried look over your shoulder and then quickened your pace enough where the two wouldn’t notice the change, all in the hopes that when Hwami had her aha moment, she would be out of hearing range of the boys. Looking at her expression, you knew you had at least a minute before it came.

“Just forget it Hwami. You’ll remember when you remember. Don’t force yourself so much.”

Hwami only sent Yoora a look that Yoora frowned at. “Hush.”

“I like that song you know,” your heart rate picked up when you heard his voice behind you.

Yoora actually screamed while Hwami jumped before hitting the guy who did a surprise attack on you three. “Yah! What’s your problem?!”

The boy stood there frozen, shocked by the fact Hwami hit him. His friend next to him started laughing, “Nice one.” He said this sarcastically which earned him a shove from Jinsik.

Hwami got a good look at Jinsik’s friend before she looked away but you caught the blush that sprouted up.

On the other hand, Yoora was glaring sternly at the two boys, “Do you have any manners?”

Jinsik looked at you quickly before looking at her, “I-We do. I was just saying I like the song ‘Hush’. I thought you guys heard us coming up behind you.”

“Like a pair of rapis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter