Chapter 4

This Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jejudo!” you heard Hwami’s now familiar voice calling you. You turned around and stopped walking to wait for her to catch up. She was waving at you and smiling. “I thought I recognized you,” she said as she walked up to you. You two started to walk together to the cafeteria. It was now lunch break of your first day at SOPA and you felt relieved that you had at least one friend.

You had met other girls in your dance classes but you were still trying to get used to the new environment this school presented. Already, you had encountered all different types of girls ranging from the talented but conceited ones, the materialistic ones, and the humble ones. So far your classes were mainly full of only girls since your whole morning was full of your dancing classes. Nothing was being done in the classes except introductions which you had expected. Rules and regulations were also discussed and something all of your dance teachers kept repeating was to come to school for yourselves. The teachers were firm about that and you could see why as you met with your new classmates. In the short time you talked with a few of them, idols were always brought up at least once. Many of the girls were in fandoms and you could see the judgment in their eyes when you said you weren’t in any of them.

 “So how was your first few classes?” you asked as you two continued to follow the other yellow clad bodies. Multiple conversations were going on around you and you saw a few of your classmates.

“So boring,” she slumped dramatically and you chuckled. “What? You don’t know how lucky you are to be in the dance program. All I learned so far is how important lighting and angles are.”

“It will get better though,” you tried to cheer her up as you walked through the entranceway of the cafeteria. There was a line and you two took your places at the end with many following after.

“Ugh, you’re one of those optimistic people,” she grimaced and you laughed at her.

“How come you two didn’t wait for me?” the voice was admonishing and you two looked back. Yoora cut her way to you guys and a few people complained which she ignored. You bowed to them apologetically while Yoora rolled her eyes. “Oh please. It’s not like I’m hurting anyone by wanting to stand by my friends.” She wrapped an arm around you and Hwami.

You shifted uncomfortably and looked away. You met the eyes of a boy and you both looked away from each other. That seemed to happen a lot where ever you happened to be. Hwami’s voice drove those thoughts away, “Yah move your arm.” She shrugged off Yoora’s arm and Yoora scowled at her.

“What? I’m just trying to be friendly.” She removed her arm around you and you smiled at her.

“How was your day so far?”

She looked at you before answering, “It was fine.”

“Oh yeah, you said you were in the singing program right?” Hwami asked as you three scooted closer to the where the trays were at.

You grabbed two trays and passed them to Yoora and Hwami before grabbing one for yourself. “I didn’t say that. I said I might be in the singing program.”

“Then what program are you in?” Hwami asked impatiently and you stood there looking between them.

Yoora sighed exasperatedly, “I am not in any program yet because the school officials haven’t decided what to do with me.” You passed out the chopsticks and let them go in front of you.

Their attention went straight to the available selections of food in front of them, “Really?”

Yoora placed some kimchi on her plate “Yes.”

You felt a presence behind you and you looked to see what it was. It was the same guy who you bumped int

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter