Chapter 15

This Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You’d made sure you relayed the whole lunch to your two friends on Monday. Though they were a little sad that they had to wait for the weekend to hear the story, Yoora gushed over the time you’ll be spending with Jinsik this week but was stern with you about what to look out for regarding any y moves. Hwami calmly let you know to call her if you ever needed to.

Overall, you were feeling pretty good. You had turned down the boy who had given you the note and also took care of the other confession with the handmade book back on Friday. Just thinking about both occurrences brought a blush to you cheeks. It was thanks to your friends that both times had gone well and you were once again grateful to them and their advice. Yoora was adamant that you get that out of the way before Jinsik finds out. This morning you had brought cookies for them once more and like the first time, Hwami had eaten one in front of you while Yoora complained about it but still accepted it.

You were full of smiles today as you walked to the right dance studio. It was still pretty early so there weren’t many dance students yet in the hall but when you got to the door, you found that the room was already occupied. The music had a heavy hip hop beat and you could see the outline of a boy in a cap going through a pretty difficult choreography. You didn’t mean to spy but you didn’t stop yourself from staring until you could hear the music running its course to the end. Only then, did you step away from the door until you were a safe distance away from being suspicious. You leaned against the wall just as the music came to an end and it was a minute later when the door opened to reveal the idol boy. Jungkook.

He caught sight of you as soon as he opened the door and thanks to your good mood, you smiled at him. “Good morning.”

He was taken aback by your greeting. You got confused at his reaction but he replied, “Um good morning.”

The door shut behind him and he stepped into the hall. You walked up to him to get to the door and he quickly stepped away. “Ah. Sorry.”

Your lingering smile faded as you looked at him. His eyes were averted. “Sorry?”

His eyes flickered to yours before looking down the hall. “About your notes. I forgot them.”

“Oh. You don’t have to worry. I don’t really need the notes since the test is over.”

You got to the door and he started down the hallway figuring that was the end. “Taeri?”

You looked back at him, just about to open the door. “Yes?”

“Are you—Do you,” he cut himself on as he looked behind him. You waited to see if he would continue with his words but he continued to look down the hall. “Never mind. I’ll see you around.”

You shrugged, “Okay.” You opened the door and got back into your morning routine. It was only a few minutes before the next arrival made her presence known with a sniff. You only gave the girl a smile that wasn’t as genuine as the one you gave the boy. Slowly the girls all arrived for class and you were fully warmed up.

Classes were pretty good which was a good thing as it was the beginning of the week so you were looking forward to a decent week. During lunch you didn’t bother changing into your uniform which was pretty common with those in dance classes as it was a hassle to keep changing but this would be the first time you hadn’t changed out of your sportswear.

You felt comfortable with this new change until you got down to the lower levels where such casual clothes wasn’t as common as it was in the dancing wing. You started to feel out of place in the cafeteria until you were joined by Jinsik who was also not in his uniform. He greeted you with a smile as he walked up to you. You tried to return his smile but he was with his friends.

“Hey Taeri,” he walked right up to you. One of his hands brushed the lower part of your back. “Ready for lunch?”

You fought the frown forming on your face. “I guess so.”

“Did you want to sit with us?” He pointed behind him. His friends kept looking between you two with a certain appraisal.

You were about to turn them down when someone else shouted, “She’s sitting with us!” Yoora made her presence known in her own way. “You had her last Friday so we get her today.”

Her remark made the boys chuckle except Jinsik. He kept his friendly smile in place. “Why don’t we let Taeri make her own decision?”

You didn’t like being put in the spot like this as everyone turned to look at you. “Hm?”

“You already have her after school. Learn to share, why don’t you?” Yoora was glaring at him.

“You’re staying after school Jinsik?” one of the boys asked.

Jinsik spared him a look before turning his attention back to you. “Yeah.” He peered down at you face. “Taeri?”

“Come on guys. We’re holding up the line.” Hwami casually remarked as she walked by the group to follow the person in front of you guys. The line had move up so you followed after her.

Yoora placed her arm around you waist. “Are you hungry, Jejudo?”

“Yes. We had a good class today.”

“Oh? Better than mine then. We have another test coming up for math, you know.” She made a sound of frustration. “You’ll help me study, won’t you Jejudo?”

“Jejudo?” Jinsik asked from behind you. His tone was curious as he reached for the trays over your shoulder. He handed you one first before taking one himself. He was the only boy paying attention to your conversation as his friends resumed their own.

You gave him a smile in thanks as Yoora huffed as she snatched one too. “Yes. It’s our nickname for her.”

“Umm, why?” he asked as Yoora positioned you in front of her making you frown a little wondering what she was doing. Yoora reached over you to grab something in the layout of dishes. You scooted forward in response while grabbing some dishes too.

It was as she did the same thing again, reaching in front of you to get a specific dish, when she answered him. “Because that was the first thing she ever told us about herself.”

You continued to move forward, almost bumping into Hwami as Yoora urged you forward at a fast pace. Jinsik trailed behind you three with a tray that was already halfway filled. “Why Jejudo, though? A little unusual don’t you think?”

“I—,” just as you were about to explain that’s where your family is from, Yoora cut you off.

“What do you have against our nickname for her? What? Don’t you like it? If you don’t, then don’t say anything about it!”

You looked over your shoulder at Yoora in disbelief, also catching Jinsik’s look of surprise at her outburst. You were about to apologize for your friend’s behavior when Yoora nudged you forward more.

“Keep the line moving, Jejudo.”

You took the hint and walked forward, not really paying attention to what dishes you were getting after that.

“Ah. Taeri, you should try this one.” Jinsik pointed to one in particular. “I like the taste.”

You placed his recommendation on your tray while Yoor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter