I: 2

Melodies of Life

Good thing she didn't heard what I said, except for that stupid "together" word. And thank God, she didn't catch me staring at her, not even once in that twenty four chances that I stealthily gazed at her pretty face. Her naivety is a blessing in disguise, or else I'll be doomed from shame. Yeah, I always chicken out with girls that I take interest to, and that must be the reason why I never had a girlfriend. I don't have the courage to say what I really mean and I'm not man enough to express how I truly feel. I'm a wuss when it comes to this thing. Pathetic.

As we reach the stop where 'The Opera' was located, the rain turns to only a drizzle. I hand her the umbrella and put my hood up so we wouldn't have to share anymore. Besides half of my jacket was already soaked so might as well wet the remaining other half, than let a raindrop land on a single strand of her neatly-styled hair.

She turns to face me as we reach the entrance of 'The Opera'.

"Here. Thanks a lot and I'm sorry." She says with an apologetic yet sweet smile before handing me the umbrella.

"You keep it. It might rain again later." I stutter as I try to keep my sentence straight. Yeah, that's my way of saying, "You keep it, so that I'll get the chance to see you again when you return it to me."

"Okay, thanks. I'll be going then." She smiles sweetly then enters 'The Opera'.

I was busy watching her walking gracefully when Jonghyun pops right in front of her at the entrance. He quickly notices me and runs past her, but to my surprise she turns around and outruns him towards me.

"I forgot to ask for your name." She smiles cutely at me while catching her breath. "I'm Jieun." She offers her hand.

It took me a while to gather my thoughts and answer. "Minhyuk." I smile back and shake her soft as silk hand.

I slowly let go of her hand, though I never intended to, originally. She smiles beautifully at me then looks into my eyes. At that instance, time freezes and her radiance got me defenseless as I stare back. The only time I broke out from my trance is when I saw Jonghyun grinning foolishly from the corner of my eye. And with that, I didn't even notice that her delicate lips had already touched my cheek.

It was followed by a gentle whisper saying, "Good luck, Minhyuk. I'll be watching you."

My lips instantly turn to an upward curve as I watch her dash back to the entrance. I can feel my heart beat faster with her every step. It was the first time that a girl kissed me, other than my mother and my sister. It's my first actual kiss, regardless if it's just on the cheek and a stolen one, I still liked it. Because I like her. I like Jieun.

Jonghyun walks up to me and slaps the back of my head hard, but I didn't feel any pain.

"Now that's one good reason to be late." He laughs crazily. "She's pretty. Mind telling me your chic's name?" He grins widely.

I didn't mind his question. Instead, I smile to myself dreamingly as I touch my freshly-kissed cheek.

"Can I sing?" I ask absentmindedly.

"You always do." He answers, still laughing.

"I mean, I want to go solo." I look at him seriously.

"Sure. The stage is all yours." He pats my shoulder and smiles at me meaningfully before adding. "And hers."

 

A/N: Want to watch Minhyuk's solo? ^_^ Click => Teardrops in the rain
-

 

The song that I was singing was slowly coming to an end, yet I didn't get to see her. Not even her shadow. It was only when I was descending from the stage that I saw her. But what's painful to see is that she's with some other guy. Worst, she is kissing him, the same way she kissed me earlier. Out of rage, I leaped down the stage and left Jonghyun with my drums. I came bursting through the exit door and was about to run when I hear her voice, the voice that I dreaded to hear.

"Minhyuk." She calls out to me from a distance.

I pretend not to hear her and start to walk away.

"Minhyuk!" She shouts loudly, making sure that I would hear it.

I turn to face her.

"I'm sorry for not seeing you play." She pouts, trying to act cute to make up for it.

I just nod and continue to walk.

"I'm really sorry. Come on, let's go back inside. I'll introduce you to my friends. Why don't you jam with them? That would be cool!" She beams excitedly with bright eyes.

"I don't want to." I say coldly.

"But why? I really want to see you play. I was just busy earlier so I missed your band's act." She reasons out.

"By busy, you mean kissing that guy? Great." I sneer.

Her eyes turn round in surprise then she laughs as she realizes something. "You saw that?"

"Yeah. And I don't want to be around girls like you, the type who kisses any random guy she wants to."

She laughs harder. "You got it wrong. Yonghwa, he's my-"

I cut her off before she can finish. "Your boyfriend? So I'm the random guy. Sorry, if I got the wrong idea earlier."

She sighs. "Can you let me finish?"

"No! And please stop flirting with me. I feel sorry for the guy. He doesn't even know what you're doing behind his back. And don't mind returning that umbrella. Because I don't want to see you ever again!" I yell angrily at her.

All of a sudden, tears were forming around the corner of her eyes. She slowly closes it and as her tears fall, she takes a deep breath before opening it again. She looks at me hatefully then slaps my face, right at that same exact spot where she kissed me.