II: 1

Melodies of Life

"Someday, we'll be together. I promise." I swear and raise my hand comically as Jungshin and I stand in front of the coolest rocking guitar that I've been eyeing for the past two years.

He laughs as I continue to talk to it desperately, pretending it was a girl whom I'm trying to win the heart of.

"You're the most beautiful and iest that I had ever laid my eyes on." I smile at it dreamingly. "Above all, you moan the best among the rest."

He laughs crazily as he hits my shoulder. "That's very funny!" He buys my green joke about its capability to do amazing riffs.

"Too bad, you don't date poor guys." I sulk at its ten grand price.

"We both know if you just go home, you can even buy this whole music store."

I just laugh at him. That's easier said than done.

"Goodbye, my love." I blow kisses to the guitar as we start to walk away from the window.

"Fair enough." He tosses me his car key and I throw my fist in the air in victory. Being a comic relief really has it's perks, especially when your best friend is a fan of it.

"Sure you don't want to come with me?" I tempt him one last time as I start his car's engine.

He shakes his head. "I have school tomorrow."

"Then don't drink. Just enjoy the music, especially the..." I grin suggestively and make coca-cola bottle shapes with my hands which made him laugh again.

He shakes his head again. "As much as I want to, I really can't."

"Aish! School's just being a great . Graduate already so we can party hard, okay?" I bump fists with him.

He nods. "Have a good time, hyung." He cues me to speed off to 'Jacques'. Alone.
----


My eyes gleam like jewels as the signage at the bar's entrance welcomes me.

 

[JACQUES ANNUAL BEER DRINKING CONTEST. 5 GRAND UP FOR GRABS!]

 

I quickly sign up and join it, despite my low threshold for alcohol consumption. It wouldn't hurt trying, besides five grand is five grand. Only stupids say no to that kind of chance.

"Good luck!" The cute girl by the registration booth kisses my cheek after she pins the contestant number on my coat.

"Feels like I already won." I smile flirty at her which made her giggle.

I gulp as I walk towards the table of my competitors. One look and I can say they are all experienced drinkers. Picture grotesque tattoos on top of erupting muscles. Intimidation strikes me but I try to shake it off as I picture that guitar that I've been dying to buy earlier.

"Drink until you're dead, Jung Yonghwa." I chant in my head repeatedly to boost my morale.
----

 

Even though my head is spinning and I'm having great difficulty to walk in a straight line, I feel euphoric as I got my five grand. Yeah, I won. For the record, include me in Guinness or Ripley's. Like for real, five thousand US dollars cash on my hands. I call Jungshin immediately to boast my unbelievable win.

"You're drunk. I can't understand what you're saying." He says in annoyance from the other line.

"I WON FIVE GRAND! LET'S TAKE ROSY HOME TOMORROW!" I shout in glee.

"What? Who's Rosy? You mean that blue PRS guitar earlier?" He laughs. "Okay. Judging from the story you're telling me you're really drunk. Please hire a driver, hyung. I don't want my car to be in a wreck." I can hear the great dread in his voice.

"I'm just a bit tipsy, Shin. But okay, I'll do that." I laugh before hanging up then begin to dial a new number.