Chapter 4

A Twist In My Story

Since that day, Taeyeon became a totally changed person. Not only did she started to go on dates with Baekhyun, she also started to agree to some other guys who asked her out. 

Tiffany was surprised at Taeyeon's sudden change too but she thought of it as nothing but just her best friend finally being able to open up her heart to new guys. 

Not long after, during Baekhyun's 222nd time asking Taeyeon out for a date, he decided to ask Taeyeon to be his girlfriend.

Baekhyun: Noona.. It's been some time since we started to go out on dates. Can we now take our relationship to the next step? Will you be my girlfriend?

Baekhyun held Taeyeon's soft hands as he asked her sincerely.

Taeyeon: Umm.. Okay.

Taeyeon smiled and started to lock her arms with his. They finally got into an official relationship.

**

The next day they went to school together while linking their hands. This was of course seen by many students in the school.

The moment Taeyeon reached class, the girls started to surround her. 

Yuri: Ya Taeyeon-ah. Are you serious with him?

Yuri was referring to Baekhyun.

Sunny: Yes Taeyeon-ah you sure about this? You seemed changed recently. 

Taeyeon: Yeah. I'm serious. Why are you guys doubting me? Last time you girls were the one who pestered me to give him a chance. Now that I'm with him you guys are doubting me? Aish...

Sooyoung: We were just curious about your sudden attitude change. Well, then last long okay.

Sooyoung smiled as she congragulated her.

Tiffany: Taetae! Now we can go for double dates together. Best friends and their boyfriends hehe.

Tiffany said in excitement as she showed her eye smile.

Taeyeon: Uhh ye.. We should.. Maybe.. 

That wasn't what Taeyeon wanted to hear from Tiffany. Her heart without doubt still belonged to Tiffany. She's dating Baekhyun just for an excuse. She wanted to use him to forget her. 

Tiffany: Yay! Let's set a date soon! I'll check with Khunnie baby later and update you again Taetae!

"Khunnie baby", this two words, hearing them coming out from Tiffany's mouth hurt her further.

Taeyeon: Uhh ok..

She just dismissed the conversation off with a smile.

**

It was time for lunch. Jessica went over to Taeyeon's table and asked the girl to follow her to the school's garden. She had something to speak to Taeyeon privately.

Taeyeon: Yes Sica? What is it about that you need to speak to me in private?

Jessica: Didn't you say you like Tiffany? Even if you decided to give up and forget her, you do not have to get Baekhyun as your boyfriend right? I thought you like girls?

Taeyeon: Yeah you are right. I'm still in love with Tiffany but I decided to give up. Anyway it's wrong to like a girl right? So that's why I should sort out my mind straight and be with Baekhyun, a guy who loves me sincerely. I'll try my best to fall for him..

Jessica: If you do not like guys anymore you don't have to force yourself you see. I know you had a bad past with Kangin that's why it caused you to change preference. But you don't have to only give your heart to Tiffany. There's also many other girls out there you know.. You don't have to search far away. There's one standing right in front of you. Have you failed to see her?

Taeyeon was stumped by Jessica's words. What did she mean by that, such question started to pop up in her mind.

Taeyeon: Uhh..? Ye..? What are you trying to say Sica-ah..?

Jessica: You know I'm still single ever since I broke up with Taecyeon. I'm like you too. I'm traumatized by men. For the past two years I found myself always stealing glances at you, admiring you secretly. I feel happy whenever you're around me. My heart seems to always skip a beat each time our eyes met. The way you take care of me, I don't know how to explain how I feel. I know that you've been secretly in love with Tiffany since years before. But still I've always tried to make you notice me. It seems like you still do not feel or notice anything. Even though previously I said I'll be cheering on for you to confess to Tiffany but in my heart I hope you don't. My virtues are not far from Fany right? Why don't you give me a chance instead?

"What is this girl talking about all of a sudden", Taeyeon thought. She was totally amused by it.

Taeyeon: Sica-ah.. You're joking with me aren't you?

Jessica: I'm not. I'm serious Kim Taeyeon. I like you.

Jessica held Taeyeon's hands and pulled her closer to her.

Taeyeon totally got surprised. 

Taeyeon: Sica-ah.. I have a boyfriend now and you know it. I think you are just confused for the moment. Both me and you are just really close friends. There's many guys out there trying to date you right? Why not give them a chance? 

Taeyeon said as she removed her hands from hers.

The sound of the school bell was heard. Lunch time was over.

Taeyeon: Lunch time is over. Let's grab some snacks and go to class. If not we'll be late.

Even though she was surprised by Jessica's sudden confession, she did not treat her differently. She still treats her as a close friend like how she always did.

Jessica: Taeyeon-ah.. I'll never give up. One day you'll feel touched by my perserverance and sincerity..

Both of them then made their way back to class.

**

In class, while the lecturer was busy teaching, Taeyeon was in a total daze thinking about what happened earlier.

"Am I dreaming? Did Sica just confessed that she likes me? How could this be happening? I thought she has always liked men. Handsome guys especially. What did she even see in me? Aishh... Kim Taeyeon what's wrong with your life nowadays?", she was busy in her own thoughts while doodling on her notebook.

Tiffany who was sitting beside her of course noticed it and tapped her lightly.

Tiffany: Taetae what are you thinking of? Are you even listening to the lecturer? Are you missing your Baekhyunie? kekeke.

Taeyeon: Uhh..? Yeah I kinda miss him..

Taeyeon lied to her. She wanted to actually see if her best friend will get jealous. As you can see Tiffany is a very possesive person. Though the chances of her getting jealous is low because it's Baekhyun, the boyfriend. If it was any other girls friend, Tiffany would have probably started blasting out.

Tiffany: Oooooooh. My best friend is now in loveeeeeeee~ Finally she has matured and open up her heart~ She is even starting to miss him nowwwww~

Tiffany as she showed her eye smile again.

Those weren't what Taeyeon wanted to hear from her. She wanted to see Tiffany throwing tantrums due to jealousy. But who cares now, Tiffany's eye smile has now made her forgotten her purpose. She was totally mesmerized by it like always.

Taeyeon: Aishhh this girl.. Stop teasing me and let's concentrate in class.

Tiffany: Hehehehe. Okay okay~ My Taetae is in loveeeeee yay~~~

Taeyeon glared at her even though she meant it as a joke. Tiffany then laughed and stopped teasing.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

So how is the story so far? Is it boring? Hmm.. Much appreciated if you guys can leave some comments ^^