Chapter 3

A Twist In My Story

It has been around three weeks since Nichkhun had started asking Tiffany out for a date everyday. Tiffany who had totally fallen for his charms, of course willingly agreed to meet him every single day. It didn't took long before they officially got into a relationship. But sadly for Taeyeon, the relationship with her best friend got distant. Tiffany had barely spent time with Taeyeon as she was too busy dating. The only time they meet each other was in class. And not forgetting during the night time, as usual, Tiffany will give her a call to share her happiness about her relationship with her prince charming.

** 

It was a Tuesday in November. Taeyeon and Baekhyun had just ended their co-curricular activity that day. 

Baekhyun: Noona.. Are you free? Let's go and practice our duet together.

Baekhyun tried his luck to ask Taeyeon out for a date again while using their duet practice as an excuse. Both of them were paired up to perform for their school's open house in January next year.

Taeyeon: Uhh.. Not today.. I'm sorry Baekhyun-ah.. I'll let you know when we'll go practice together.. Sorry.

Taeyeon rejected the boy yet again. 

Baekhyun: Oh.... It's okay then.. Let me know soon okay noona. Anyway you're taking bus 912 home right? Let's walk together to the bus stop. 

Baekhyun felt sad but he never gives up. He believes that one day Taeyeon will be moved by his sincerity.

Taeyeon: Geurae.. Let's wait for Sica and Luhan too. They're also taking the same bus as us. Remember?

Baekhyun: Ah.. Okay..

Jessica: I'm done. Are we ready to go? 

Luhan: Yeah me done too. Let's go people!

The four of them walked to the bus stop as they talked to each other. When they reached near the bus stop, they saw two familiar figures. It was Tiffany and Nichkhun. The couple was having their own sweet moment kissing at a corner of the school bus stop. Probably it's because Nichkhun did not drive that day so they had to take the public bus.

Taeyeon's face turned pale. It was the first time she had seen the couple being so lovey dovey together ever since they started dating. She was feeling hurt and jealous. She suddenly kept extra quiet.

Jessica: Taengoo-ah, are you okay?

Jessica asked as she realized something was amiss with Taeyeon.

Taeyeon's soul had flew out of her body with the scene that she saw. She totally did not hear anybody talking to her. She kept silent.

Jessica: Taengoo? 

Jessica called her again as she waved her hands in front of Taeyeon's face.

Baekhyun: Hey Taeyeon noona, it's Tiffany noona and Nichkhun hyung there! Let's go over and say hello to them. And disturb them too kekeke.

Baekhyun shouted in excitement. This boy, he really loves to tease people.

Baekhyun: Fany noona! Khunnie hyung! What were you guys doing just now huhhhhh. kekeke.

Baekhyun started teasing the couple.

"Why did he approach them! Grrr! I wished I can just walk away from them now! Hais", Taeyeon was cursing inside.

Tiffany: Uhh.. Taengoo-ah. Sica-ah. Baekhyunie. Luhanie. Annyeong.

Tiffany greeted them shyly while her face was totally blushing.

Nichkhun: Eyyy. Baekhyun this rascal. Stop teasing. See, my silly girlfriend felt so embarassed already.

Nichkhun said to the playful Baekhyun as he messed up his hair.

Baekhyun: Hahaha okok hyung. Arasseo arasseo! Hehehe.

Tiffany: What happen to Taetae? Why is she so quiet and seemed zoned out? Taetae?

Tiffany waved her hands in front of Taeyeon's face and tapped her shoulder.

Taeyeon: Ah? What did you say? Sorry I was thinking about something..

She finally snapped out from her thoughts.

Tiffany: Haha. Where are you guys going?

Taeyeon: Erm.. We're going out on a double date. Our bus is here! Let's hurry! Bye Fany! Bye Nichkhun-ssi! See you.

Taeyeon grabbed Baekhyun's hands as she hurriedly try and board the bus. Baekhyun was surprised by her action though he was really happy at the statement and gesture. Jessica and Luhan followed them on board the bus going with the flow after bidding the couple goodbye.

Baekhyun: Noona, are we really finally going for a date? heehee.

Taeyeon: Umm.. Ye.. Don't you been wanting to? I suddenly remembered I have some free time today.

Taeyeon lied. She did not want to go home straight. Because if she did, she would have nothing to do at home and her mind will start to think of her best friend again. She thought of giving a chance to Baekhyun to have a date with her.

Baekhyun: Really noona? Hee. Thank you for finally accepting my date request. Where do you wanna go noona? The beach?

Taeyeon: Okay, sounds good..

Taeyeon tried her best to sound sincere.

Jessica: Baekhyun-ah.. Mind exchanging seats with me for awhile? I've got something to talk to Taeyeon about.

Jessica who was seating at the other side asked.

Baekhyun: No problem Sica noona.

They then exchanged seats.

Jessica: Taengoo, are you okay?

Taeyeon: Ye... Why ask?

Jessica: I realized since the moment we saw Nichkhun and Fany kissing, you were extremely quiet. And what's with the sudden double date? Since when you started to accept date request from guys? It was like Baekhyun's 211th try and you finally decided to accept out of the blue? Are you sure you're really okay? 

Taeyeon: Uhh..? I'm fine. You're mistaken I think. I'm really fine... It's because I just remembered that I'm free today that's why...

Taeyeon continued lying.

Jessica: You may convince others with those lies of yours. But I can see through you Taengoo-ah. I can tell that you really like Tiffany, don't you? Don't worry, be frank with me. I won't laugh at you for liking the same gender. Love is blind. It sees no gender too. So tell me. You like Tiffany right?

Taeyeon was surprised by Jessica's sudden words. She was in a dilemma whether to admit it or continue pretending. 

Jessica: Come on Taengoo. See you've gotten so surprised by my words that you kept quiet.

Taeyeon: Yes you are right. I indeed do like Fany. But so what if I do? Me and her is impossible. We can only remain as best friends. She loves guys and is currently in a relationship with Nichkhun. And please don't tell her or anybody else about this ok... I beg you Sica-ah.

Taeyeon pleaded.

Jessica: See, bingo! No worries I won't tell anyone about this. It'll be a promise between us. My advice for you is be strong and admit your love to her. If you didn't try, you wouldn't know if she will accept it right? Taengoo hwaiting! I'll be cheering for you okay.

Jessica was totally open about same gender love/relationship. Taeyeon wasn't aware of it until today. She then thought to herself that she wasn't being a weirdo. Even her close friend doesn't mind about such love.

Taeyeon: Nahh.. I don't wanna confess and then lose her cause she feels disgusted. Let me just slowly try to let my love for her fade away.. 

They continued talking until the stop where Baekhyun and her had to alight. Jessica and Luhan did not drop off with them as they were going home straight.

So just like that, Taeyeon and Baekhyun went out to spend their first date together at the beach.