Chapter 6

A Twist In My Story

Since that day, Taeyeon stopped talking to Tiffany. She even changed her seat to the one beside Jessica. Taeyeon had probably lost control of her emotions that she's been bottling in her heart. That explains her quick temper. During the first month, Tiffany did not bother to apologize to Taeyeon for neglecting her. She just continued to spend her time with her boyfriend until one fine day when both of then broke up. Weirdly, she did not feel heartbroken from the break up. She also did not get affected by it. She only felt empty. Usually she has Taeyeon to spend her time with. She started to miss her.

That very day she broke up.

Tiffany: Hey Tae.. I'm sorry for how I've treated you for the past few months. I know I was wrong for neglecting you terribly. I shouldn't have prioritize Nichkhun so much.. We have now broken up.. Forgive me will you?

She sent a text message to Taeyeon.

Taeyeon saw the message and ignored it. She felt happy that they had broken up yet at the same time still feeling hurt from her treatment.

The week after in school.

Taeyeon and Jessica arrived in class. Tiffany walked over to her table.

Tiffany: Hey Tae... Why didn't you reply my text messages..? 

Taeyeon: You're only apologizing and finding me when you guys broke up. When you were with him, did you even find me once? Each time even if you talk to me it's all about him as though there's nothing else to talk about. So why must I reply you?

Taeyeon stared at her as she answered in such a cold manner.

Tiffany: I know it's wrong of me for doing that to you previously. But I promise this will never happen again. Tae.. Forgive me.. Please..

Taeyeon: Please go back to your seat.  I'm tired to talk further.

Suddenly Tiffany knelt down on the floor and started to beg for forgiveness again as her eyes started to get watery.

Tiffany: I'm really sorry. Please forgive me Tae. I miss my best friend. I miss spending time with you. I miss you. It felt empty without you. Maybe do I realize now that I like my best friend? I'm sorry. Tae. Please?

Taeyeon's heart started to melt but still, she refused to say that she forgive her. She wanted to show her strong character. To show that she's not an easy person. She looked away from Tiffany who was kneeling down on her left side and continued talking to Jessica.

Yuri: YA KIM TAEYEON! YOU'RE TOO MUCH! YOU BETTER BEWARE OF RETRIBUTION! Fany-ah stand up and come with me.

Yuri shouted at Taeyeon as she pull Tiffany up and left the class.

**

Yuri: You don't have to kneel down and beg for her forgiveness. It's not worth it. She's just being very petty.

Tiffany: But you know me and her have been best friends for ten years. I can't bear to lose her. It feels so empty without her. Or maybe do I realize that I like her? I mean as in a romantic way.

Tiffany started to sigh.

Yuri: Did she used to like you that's why she was so angry over your lack of care for her when you were with Nichkhun? Maybe that's why she started going out with Sica. 

Tiffany: Uhh..? Ye? Did she? Really? Why didn't I realize since before that she likes me? Have I always been so ignorant?

Tiffany said as her facial expression look sad.

Yuri: Maybe? I've got a plan. Why not we try and make her jealous? From there we can see if she still likes you. And maybe then you can sort out your relationship with her properly.

Tiffany: How do we do that?

Yuri: We can try to act like we're dating and be really mushy whenever in front of her. She knows that I'm gay right. So probably she will fall for that.

TIffany: Oh! Good idea! But why are you so willing to help me?

Though she's happy with her help, she got curious too.

Yuri: Err.. We're close friends right? Of course we need to help each other.

Yuri smiled.

Tiffany: Yeah we are close friends but this time you seemed to be overly helpful keke. Ahhhh! I know already! It's because of Sica right? I almost forgotten that you've been trying to win Sica's heart since ages. You still like her isn't it? But she likes Taeyeon now right....?

Tiffany teased as she slowly turned sad when she speaks about Jessica's love for Taeyeon.

Yuri kept silent as she smiled shyly.

Tiffany: But anyway thanks for helping me too. And please don't be angry at Taeyeon okay? Because it's my fault that I caused her to change so tremendously. 

Yuri: Okay...