Day 4

In Heaven

"Alyssa! Why are you here?" I ask with a big smile, surprised as I approached my cardiologist. She probably came here for a visit. We are not just bounded by doctor-patient relationship. She is my best friend, who is more like a sister to me.

"Behold, the harbinger of the ultimate good news." She giggles then hands me a tightly secured brown envelope.

I open it, taking my time for the string was winded pretty good. Whatever was inside must be really important. I take the paper inside and start to read it. My eyes grew round as I cover my mouth in shock the instant I saw the bold capitalized letters of the header. I cannot believe what was before my very eyes.

"I scheduled the operation on your birthday." She confirms the reality by hugging me.

I was about to say my sincere gratitude but no words came out, instead it was tears. Tears of joy to be exact.

Alyssa and I spent the whole day talking about random things, from her new haircut, the loan his boyfriend sneakily arranged just to purchase a new car, and how much she hates to be a co-signee to that, why she prefers zombies over vampires, Resident Evil over Underworld to be exact, of course she didn't miss her Plants vs. Zombies mania as a topic, down to the 22-year old junkie who died on her operating table last night due to a series of lethal drug cocktails. Time seem to fly with her endless, not to mention crazy stories. I, on the other hand only got to share one. But that single story almost took up half of our talk time, for she kept adding her fictitious "what if" scenarios before I can even finish.

"It's too bad I can't meet your boyfriend, Mr. Perfect." She pouts as I walk her outside the gates of the hospice.

"He is just my friend, okay?" I emphasize the word friend while making exaggerated air quotes with my hands.

"Whatever you say, I'm going now. See you on the 13th." Alyssa gives me one final hug before she leaves.

The vision of her back directed towards me together with the setting sun makes me feel lonely. The feeling of being left alone creeps to me and scares me at that very moment. I hastily walk back inside the hospice hoping to find someone. Hoping to find Jaejoong. I searched for him in almost all the places I thought he would be, his room, the garden, the nurse's station. What I didn't know is that I would find him in the most unexpected place. My room.

"What took you so long?" He asks me while lying on his side comfortably in my bed. He props himself in one arm as he faces me with a playful grin.

"Why do I think like you are Edward Cullen?" I ask back which makes him laugh loudly. "You mostly show up at night and you look too perfect to be a human." I add to make him laugh even more, and I didn't fail.

He quickly gets up and glides towards me. "Don't tell me, you're thinking that you are my Bella?" He imitates Edward's sultry voice as he gently holds my face closer to his.

I blush and nearly said yes, but his sudden outburst of a playful laugh indicates that it is just a joke. I quickly thought of something just to escape the humiliating scene that I am in right now.

"I got a donor." I grin as wide as I can while raising the envelope in my hand.

"Woah! That's great!" His face lights up with extreme happiness.

"Be there on my operation, okay!" I smile at him cutely, and stated it as an order instead of a request, so he wouldn't dare say no.

"When will that be?" He asks as he smiles back.

"On the 13th." I answer but immediately realized something.

"I'll try." He answers with another smile. This time, an unsure one.