Day 3

In Heaven

I wake up early just to find out that Jaejoong wasn't around. The nurse informed me that he went out of the hospice. With nothing much to do, I busy myself by tending the garden. Okay, that wasn't the real reason. I was waiting for him in there. Again.

Noon came, and still he isn't back yet. Seems like he is making the best out of his last days. Wish he had invited me, too.

"I better stop watering you or else you'll drown." I sigh at a rose as I put the watering can down.

I sit down and look up at the sky, the sun blinding me. It shines so bright, but my eyes seem to enjoy it. I squint an eye, the other trying to stare at it, fighting. After a few seconds, I immediately close my eyes before my masochistic tendencies get the best of me.

"Noon time sunshine isn't healthy for the skin." A nurse approaches me.

"I'm getting a tan." I joke as I open my eyes, then I look up at her.

"Go get one in the beach then, not in here." She laughs.

"Jaejoong isn't back yet?" I ask, trying to look at the sun again.

Now I get it. This masochistic tendency attacks, maybe because I didn't feel any heart pain yesterday. Yeah, my body hungers for it.

"Not yet. It's time for lunch. Let's go." She says.

I nod and look at the sun one last time before standing up, then I follow her.
-

I stay at my room after lunch. There, I sit in my bed while looking at the garden from my window. After an hour my eyes got heavy. I try to fight it off, but still I fell asleep. When I opened my eyes, it was night already. I immediately sit up and look at the garden, but still he wasn't there. I get up and proceed to the nurse's station. I ask the nurse and got the same answer from earlier. Annoyed, I proceed to the garden and decided to wait for him in there. After a few minutes, I saw him.

"Why are you here again?" He asks with the same worried face he had last night.

"Where did you go?" I ask back.

"Secret." He answers in a whisper then smiles mischievously.

"Could you at least tell me when you will be back, so I know when to wait?" A spark of anger lights inside me as the words escape from my lips. My mood isn't good now, considering all the foolish waiting and answers he has given me.

Guess he noticed it, so he answers rightfully at once. "Okay. I will be going out tomorrow morning and come back at night again. Let's go. You better get some sleep." He offers his hand.

I shake my head. "I'm good. I just woke up. Can I come with you tomorrow?" I smile at him cutely, like a lost kitten in the streets waiting to be picked up by a passerby.

He shakes his head. I pout, trying to convince him to change his mind.

"I'm sorry. You really can't." He shakes his head again.

I shrug my shoulders and give up. I walk past him but he quickly catches up on me. He offers his hand again, with a smile that I can't say no to. I take his hand and my lips involuntarily forms an upward curve. We were about to walk when he suddenly collapsed to the ground. I kneel then cradle him in my arms.

"Jaejoong!" I shout panic-stricken as I tap his face.

"Fooled you." He opens his eyes then laughs his signature laugh.

"Very funny." I roll my eyes as I shove him away from my arms.

He smiles then places his head gently on my lap. He faces me and looks at my eyes longingly. He then touches my face affectionately, tracing each part carefully.

"Let's stay like this for a while." He closes his eyes slowly, still caressing my face.

"You've fallen for me." I whisper at his ear then pinch his cheek lightly. He smiles sweetly with his eyes still closed.