Day 6

In Heaven

I was awaken when I heard someone singing the happy birthday song. I open an eye lazily, and see Jaejoong holding a cake.

"My birthday is tomorrow, not today." I state as a matter of fact as I sit up from my bed. I close my eyes again for the blinding lighted candles in the cake aren't helping them adjust.

"I know. It's just that I'm not sure if I can make it tomorrow." He says casually and without hesitation. I blow the candles before he can even speak another hurtful word.

"Is that my present?" I ask as I notice him holding a rectangular box secured by a big pink ribbon in the middle being cradled by his arm.

"Happy birthday!" He smiles as he hands me his gift.

Not being a fan of surprises, I lazily untie the ribbon. I open the box and the real meaning of surprise dawns to me as I saw what was inside the box. I look at him with tears of joy in my eyes.

"You told me that your dream is to be a great ballerina, but you stopped dreaming when you were diagnosed of your disease. Don't worry, you can still dance your dreams in here. In secrecy and moderation, of course." He smiles as he plays ballet music from the player.

"Thank you." I embrace him tightly in happiness.

"I won't take just a 'thank you' in exchange for that pricey ballet ensemble." He gently wipes my tears away.

"I thought this was a gift." I pout at him.

"I need to see how good you are. If you don't pass my standards, then you will have to pay for that." He puts on a serious face, like he is challenging me.

"I will even surpass your standards." I smile wickedly as I get the box and dart to the bathroom to get changed.
-

I swear I saw Jaejoong's eyes widen and his jaw drop as soon as I step out of the bathroom. I walk towards him, feeling happy though a bit embarrassed for what I'm wearing is funny-looking, especially to those who don't belong to the ballet field.

"Close your mouth, Jaejoong." I even before he could do it to me.

Then I tie my hair in a tight bun with the hair ornament included in the set, a beautiful pair of angel's wings in its center. He bites his lower lip as he shakes his head. I hoped and prayed that he wouldn't tease me, and luckily he didn't.

"Ready?" He asks as he noticed me finished with my stretching exercises.

I didn't answer verbally, instead I bow gracefully like how a ballerina would do in her performance. He smiles, then clicks the next button of the player. A sweet, pleasant-sounding melody starts to enter my eardrums. I slowly close my eyes and feel the slow tempo of the music carefully binding to my inner senses. Though my eyes were closed, I can feel his eyes on me which made me nervous and excited at the same time. I can't wait to show him what I've been practicing since I was five and all that I've learned from ballet school. I start by effortlessly pointing my toes downwards straightly. I glance at him and expect him to be in awe, but he just had a blank face. I continue with basic ballet until the music's tempo suddenly quickened. With that, I decided to make five successful majestic spins. With each spin, I catch a glimpse of his face and this time I wasn't disappointed. He stands from his seat and claps his hands, doing a single standing ovation as I gracefully leaped towards him.

"So I guess I'm keeping this for free?" I ask, still dancing artistically.

"I will even buy you another one." He smiles while giving me a thumbs up. "How can you do that without getting dizzy?" He wonders.

"Spotting. I concentrate and look at a fixed point. That way, I don't feel like I'm spinning at all. Want to try?" I smile impishly.

"No, thanks." He shakes his head.

"Come on, just for fun. See that frame behind me by the corner?" I hold his hands tightly. He nods, then gulps nervously. "Spot that!" I shout at him teasingly as we begin to turn fast.

He tries but immediately shuts his eyes tightly after a few spins. "There's no fun in that. Open your eyes." I demand, but he doesn't oblige.

"Open your eyes or I'll let go." I warn. He crushes my hands in a tight grip. "Open your eyes or I'll let go." I repeat and he opens his eyes.

"I'm dizzy." He says, eyes locked with mine.

"Try to spot the frame again." I slow the pace of our spin gradually.

"I can't." He shakes his head miserably, as if pleading for us to stop.

"You can. Just concentrate." I encourage him.

"I really can't." He stops our spin.

"Kill joy." I jerk my hands free from his grasp.

"Sorry, I'm not a ballerino." He spins then pretends to fall down.

I instantly burst into a laugh at his crazy antic.

"Mind telling me your birthday wish?" He grins at me suggestively.

"I wish that when I wake up tomorrow you would be there." I answer, each word painted with hope.

"Wish granted." He smiles.

"And the day after tomorrow." I quickly add, then look at him.

He faces the floor and turns silent.

"Lies." My voice quivers as tears forms at the corner of my eyes.

"I promise you, I will be there." He hugs me.

I choke on my tears as I try to stop them from falling. I'm scared, I don't want him to die.

"I forgot this." He takes out a small box, opens it, and sitting inside it was a ring. He slides it to my ring finger, then wipes my tears away.

I smile and was about to kiss him on the lips, but he stops me. He kisses my cheek instead.