Defenceless

When the flames ignite

The next 12 hours were a blank in Jiyong’s thoughts, like the silence of a dead man’s heart beat. As soon as Jiyong had finally lost feeling in his body, it felt like mere seconds had passed until bright sunlight filtered through his clumpy eyelashes, and he felt his eyes sting sharply.

He blinked a couple of times and tentatively scrunched his fingers and toes before slowly trying to move the rest of his stiff body.

Jiyong let his eyes focus and widened them as he realised he was in exactly the same position as he was however many hours ago. Weirdly, everything looked the same as normal; despite the carnage Jiyong immediately remembered taking place in his room when he woke up after…the club.

He sighed faintly and ran his hands over the plush carpet, soothing his jumpy mind. Suddenly his hand came into contact with something so soft his fingertips trembled slightly and his head snapped up at the strangely familiar texture.

What was touching his hand was a glowing, crystal white feather.

 Memories of the angel swamped Jiyong’s mind and he instantly clutched his chest where he remembered a golden sword pierce his skin. He could see the clear tear in his t-shirt and his crusted blood around the hole, but when he ripped it apart all he could see was scar-free, milky skin. He ran a finger across where the wound should be and prodded it hesitantly, marvelling when nothing happened, not that he expected anything anyway.

He hauled himself up off the floor and suspiciously looked around again; did all this really happen? Or was I just completely wasted that I was hallucinating… so does that mean.. at the club.. nothing happened then? And Youngbae never left? But surely my subconscious couldn’t have created that image of a man so beautiful.. could it? , I bet someone ing spiked my drink, god what the hell were in those drugs??

Jiyong’s head felt like it was going to explode from the questions swimming through his thoughts and his mind was already groggy at being asleep for so long. “Right, shower!” he eventually burst out.

He darted to the shower and turned the tap on, making sure the temperature was as high as it could go and then snatched a towel from the airing cupboard and quickly undressed. Before he stepped in, he swiftly glanced at his body, checking again for any marks, but it was just the same milky skin as always: pore-less and unblemished. He gave his routine smirk at the mirror and then climbed into the cubicle.

As soon as the scalding water touched his body, Jiyong felt a satisfying shudder run down his spine, and the sting from the hot droplets distracted his mind from his threatening thoughts. He felt his muscles unwind and relax from their tense state and he sat – well collapsed - down onto the shower floor, closing his eyes. All Jiyong concentrated on was the water running down his smooth back and the feel of the hot liquid caressing his face.

Eventually, Jiyong reached over, still in his seated position, to get his favourite strawberry shampoo and lazily slathered it all over his blonde locks and body. He was about half-way done when suddenly he heard keys turning in a lock on the other side of the bathroom door. Was that the front door?

Jiyong’s mind cleared immediately and he felt his heart hammering in his chest. He reached up and turned the water off, then strained his ears against the sudden silence to listen out for any more noises.

Slam

That was his front door

“,” Jiyong gasped, his breath now coming in desperate puffs.

Well I’m sure as hell not fighting any psychopaths .

With that thought in mind, as quietly as possible Jiyong eased the shower door open and tiptoed out. He roughly dried himself off then yanked on his night club clothes that he had had on the night before. The t-shirt hung off one shoulder and his pants provided little movement, but it was either that or go out in a towel, and I would not like to tempt him if he's a .

He then looked around for a weapon, but unless he just wanted a prettier face to kill him, nothing was here.

“,” he whispered again.

I never thought that the one class of taekwondo I took in middle school would ever come in handy…

He heard the creak of footsteps across his wooden floor and Jiyong scurried over to the door and pressed his ear against it. The creaking stopped instantly, it sounded just like footsteps hesitating.

Well let’s see if I still remember any moves.

Jiyong threw the door open and charged out, a shaky battle cry pounding from his throat. His bare feet slapping on the hard surface echoed around the appartment until suddenly they screeched to a stop when he ran into the living room.

A man dressed in a loose burgundy t-shirt and tight black jeans stood millimetres from where Jiyong somehow halted to a stop.

The closeness was tangible, and Jiyong felt that in the small space between them sparks were flying in all directions. This… this irresistible force was pulling them together and Jiyong felt himself falling into the strong chest of this man. Before his mind even knew what was happening, his arms reached out on their own accord and latched on to his toned upper arms. The sparks ignited and he felt flames burn under his fingertips.

His whole body sagged and his head pressed into the nook on his shoulder, the soft material of his t-shirt tickling his cheek.

It took a second for his mind to catch up and when Jiyong suddenly realised what he did, he roughly pushed the man away and backed away slowly, looking at the floor.

“W-what the are you doing in my apartment?” Jiyong stammered, trying to look and sound menacing, but that’s difficult when you can’t even make eye contact with the intruder and you basically tried to molest him.

“I am your new roommate, pleased to make your acquaintance, you must be Jiyong,” an inhumanly deep voice answered him, not in the least affected by Jiyong's recent lack of control, “I’m Seunghyun, my apologies for scaring you.”

Jiyong snapped his head up and immediately wished he hadn't.

“Seunghyun,” he whispered as he got lost in the vast black eyes of his intruder. He liked that name, he liked how it rolled off his tongue as if it was natural and something he spoke every day. It seemed familiar even though he had never uttered that name in his life, but he could get used to it now.

Speaking of familiar, this face looks a lot like that angel in my dreams…

Seunghyun had a thick shock of black hair tumbling over his forehead, but other than that the features were exactly the same, and Jiyong could remember every single one of them.

God he’s so ing beautiful!!…

“You look like you would need new clothes,” Seunghyun stated simply, a sharp black eyebrow raised in curiosity and amusement.

Jiyong looked down at himself and mentally cringed at the state he was in; his white top was see through and stuck wetly to him because he didn’t have time to dry himself off and in his rush to get out of the bathroom, he didn’t realise that he didn’t pull his pants up all the way so a line of white flesh was exposed at the top of his thighs.

“Umm.. well yeah.. I’ve had a rough day.”

Kill me, just kill me now.

Seunghyun pursed his lips and nodded. Whether that was to keep himself from laughing Jiyong didn’t know.

A minute of silence lasted between the two then, and it consisted of Seunghyun looking curiously at Jiyong, his midnight eyes boring into his coffee ones, and Jiyong just gawking back at him, absolutely frozen.

“W-would you like a tour?” Jiyong managed to somehow stutter out, finally breaking the awkward staring match.

“I would love to,” Seunghyun smoothly replied.

Hearing Seunghyun’s velvety voice froze Jiyong’s muscles again, and it took a second for whatever sanity was left in Jiyong’s mind to kick in.

“Well let’s get started in your bedroom.”

Oh god as if I just said that!! What the is wrong with me?

Seunghyun didn’t make any kind of answer; instead he just motioned for him to lead the way, all the while his eyes never leaving Jiyong.

I am not going to survive this Jiyong thought as he stumbled down the wooden corridor towards what was now Seunghyun’s bedroom.


Quick shout out to Taeyang's album cos i am seriously obsessed!! Love you to death is my personal favourite *sighs* it's just a masterpiece.... :) Subscribe and comment as always ^^