Glass door

When the flames ignite

Jiyong his hand gently down the rough wood of Seunghyun’s bedroom door. The slight bumps and grooves rubbed against his soft fingers as he tried to imagine what was going on behind this mass of timbre. He didn’t do anything wrong…did he? All he did was fall over.

Jiyong knew he had a tendency to latch on to people, both physically and mentally, who showed him any kind of genuine affection, not the lust he more commonly sees. He just hoped he hadn’t scared this perfect human away.

He curled his fingers into a fist and let it slide down the russet door before dropping limply to his side; leaving him alone for a bit was probably the best option, Jiyong decided.

He thought he felt Seunghyun on the other side of his door, mirroring his actions, or at least that’s what he imagined would happen. Jiyong knew that this can’t be his entire fault and he would gladly give up his afternoon to find out the rest.

He took a deep breath as he turned away and trudged back to his own room. He took one last longing look at the door before heading through the threshold of his own.


 

He probably didn’t realise that as soon as I slammed my door shut, I stood in front of it hoping it would be slammed open.

I heard him outside of my bedroom, but he never even made an attempt. I willed the door handle to turn and to see his angelic face again, but he never showed.

 The soft scrape of plush skin on course wood reached my ear drums and a part of me, a big part of me, wanted to throw open this barrier between us and let him in, but the sane, logical part of me knew I couldn’t do that – ever.

I held my breath, hoping he would just go away. I could feel his worry and hurt entering my system, which just amplified my foreign feeling of what must be guilt – an emotion I had never once experienced.

His feelings felt so incredibly human, his body so perfectly human. My mind had no idea what was going on, so I let my feelings decide for me.

I yearned to comfort him, to wash those unnecessary feelings away and so I found myself that harsh material in favour of his feather skin, as a compromise to my confused mind. I ran my fingers down the door in time to his and we both dropped our hands in sync, knowing that whatever we were thinking would not happen today.

I heard him walk away, his toes slightly dragging across the wooden floor. Then I heard him pause and I knew he was looking past the door and right at me. I knew that he had known I had done exactly the same thing as him.

My hands itched towards the door handle, but I pulled them back, wrapping them around my torso like chains. He was just metres away and all it would take would be to open this door, but I turned around together with him, each shouting our silent goodbyes


 

ok so i know this is short.. very short, but i've been on holiday and although i'm back now my summer has been SO busy. But i really wanted to update at least something so i guess you could just call this an 'extra scene' or something ^^ I probably won't update now for a couple of weeks, but please comment and subscribe!!!