A dove's feather

When the flames ignite

At first, Jiyong thought he was dreaming, or perhaps he was dying? Either way at that point he didn’t care.

Through his blurry eyes and dazed senses, he felt rather than saw his whole room shake, and the little furniture he had, trembled as if in tune with Jiyong’s emotions, despite his distinct lack of interest with them.

There was a piercing light that shone from the corner of his bedroom, causing Jiyong’s eyes to water again. It was so intense that Jiyong had to crawl into the fetal position and cover his eyes to stop them from burning. Even then, he could see the pure light invading the spoltchiness behind his eyelids and he whimpered out in surprise and pain.

Suddenly a deep, booming voice that reeked of power and authority echoed across Jiyong’s room, “Show yourself foul creature!”

Jiyong slowly brought his hands away from his eyes and peeked out over his knees to connect a face with the voice. What he saw would stay with him for the rest of his life.

There was a man hovering in the corner of his room, wind and light swirling at his feet. Robes as white and as pure as a dove’s feather billowed out behind the man, the material looked silky and weightless as it curled itself around his faintly shimmering legs and hugged his body, the robes themselves seemed to have been made with light and they too emitted a soft glow which surrounded the man.

Jiyong’s eyes travelled up and he saw that in the man’s hands was a huge, golden sword that looked as if he should be bent over with the weight of it, but the man stood tall and at ease. There were intricate markings on the sword that seemed to radiate power and the promise that it will never fail in missing its mark. Jiyong could just make out the flashes of the words inscribed on it, but none of which made sense: Virtus, Animus, Fidus puris. His eyes quickly moved upwards towards the toned muscles of his arms rippling up to his shoulder and he saw how the man’s hands tightened on the hilt of his sword as soon as he noticed Jiyong in the midst of the chaos.

Jiyong finally looked up and stared at the man’s face. Saying it was perfect was an understatement.

His pale skin, poreless and smooth, shone subtly just like the rest of his body and seemed to meld flawlessly with a shock of untainted white hair, styled up into a messy quiff which contrasted perfectly with his thick black eyebrows that framed his intense night eyes. His eyes. Jiyong felt himself get swallowed up whole into the black void. At this moment they were boring into him in confusion and indecision, with a tinge of anger flickering in the depths. With a lot of difficultly, Jiyong managed to wrench his eyes free from the invisible black manacles and continued to explore this wonder in front of him.

His gaze travelled to where his sloping neck joined his head and Jiyong marvelled at the perfect sculpture of his jawline. He suddenly imagined himself running his tongue up the sharp edge, nibbling and on the delicious skin laid before him. Shocked and scared at where his thoughts involuntarily took him, he yanked his eyes upwards again only to land upon a set of utterly shove-your-tongue-downable lips.

Completely shaken by these invading thoughts, Jiyong stumbled forward from his fetal position, putting his hand out to stop himself from falling completely over.

As soon as his hand connected with the floor, he felt a short gasp of wind blow against his face and that deep, sensuous voice, speak out again.

“You shall come no closer.”

Jiyong shivered.

He looked up behind his eyelashes and almost fell back again, the moment of arousement completely gone.

“What the ?” Jiyong whispered, the breath being knocked out of him. His eyes were glazed in fear and awe as he took in the sight of huge, white-feathered wings, pulsing from the man’s back.

Every beat blew gusts of cold air towards Jiyong, but he couldn’t blink, couldn’t move; he was enraptured in the sight of these strong, majestic wings that looked paper-light and as fragile as a baby bird.

‘Wait, is he an angel?!’ Jiyong mentally shrieked. ‘Or at least I think the man’s an angel. He has huge white wings protruding from his back for god’s sake!! However, with the stuff that’s happened I wouldn’t be surprised if I found out that this guy was in fact Pegasus’ long lost human child…’ Jiyong’s thoughts were swirling frantically around his head and continued to do so until he was interrupted by the inhumanly deep voice.

“You! Daemonium,” he sneered, his black eyes burning holes into Jiyong, “what craft hath you bewitched yourself with, to disguise your wretched soul within?”

Jiyong was trapped in the angel’s fiery gaze that seemed to scorch his vocal cords, so what came out in answer was a rasping huff that scratched his sandpaper throat.

“Alas, you have not succeeded, Daemonium,” there was that word again. In the haze of emotion, Jiyong still managed to question just what the hell was going on. “You shall no longer thwart the doings of mortals and never again shall you take another life!”

The angel raised his sword above his head, hesitating for a second.


Is this right? He seems so human. He seems so…pretty. Is this an illusion? But I would be able to see through it. Is he a higher demon? Daesung would not lie, he can’t lie. It has to be him... but I don’t want it to be.


 

“TE EXPELLO, DAEMON VILIS, IN ABYSSUM PROFUNDISSIMUM TARTARI!” The angel chanted, his voice vibrating around the room. But a slight waver could be heard ruining the facade.

Jiyong knew he could’ve moved out of the way, but he was frozen, staring into the black eyes filled with such confused sorrow.

He watched the sword pierce into him as if he was a spectator. He felt no pain, only wonder as he looked down at the golden sword buried deep within him and saw the bright red liquid stream down his white shirt and spilling out over the golden metal.

He felt the tug as the sword left him and looked up, shocked, at the angel staring back at him. His beautiful face filled with misery and guilt which confused Jiyong even more. Did the angel care about him? Then why kill him?

The look that passed between them lasted a short second before the angel vanished in a column of light and wind.

Jiyong sat on the floor for a moment, completely numb, but soon he felt darkness start to cloud his vision and he slumped dizzily to the floor. Laboured breaths passed through his dry lips and he faintly saw blood, his blood, trickle towards him.

Suddenly something white entered his peripheral vision and he looked up lazily to see a feather drift down to land beside his face. Using up the last of his strength, he lifted a shaky hand and gingerly curled his stiff fingers around the soft feather.

As he ran his thumb up and down the silky material, you could see the ghost of a smile pass through Jiyong’s lips. But soon his face grew slack and expressionless as unconsciousness took over. The rest of his body soon followed, every muscle and bone falling limp against the hard floor. All that was left was Jiyong’s hand, still clutching desperately to the feather and every now and then, a faint twitch could be seen at the fingertips followed by a faint glow breaking free from the inside of his palm.


Sorry oh my god its been so long!! i haven't abandoned it though :) as a 'please forgive me' a wrote a quick little oneshot if you want to check it out here but it is a little sad :) as always please comment and subscribe if you enjoyed i love feedback!!! <3