This part of me

When the flames ignite

Even in his dangerous mental state, Jiyong knew that claws were not the norm and he knew that if anyone saw, his only friends would be the men in white coats. So, in a shaky breath, he curled in his fingers again, whimpering as they sank into his bleeding flesh.

Jiyong cried out again. It was a heartbreaking sound and Youngbae wanted to cry every time he heard his friend scream. He’d never seen this before and he was initially frozen into place.

30 seconds ago he’d been drifting off to sleep, until he heard Jiyong slam against his chair, clutching his head. Youngbae could see Jiyong gritting his teeth, which was a sure sign that he was in pain and he immediately started to worry.

He was about to ask Jiyong if he was ok, when Jiyong suddenly yelled out, a lone tear trickling down his cheek. Youngbae felt an ice cold hand of fear clutch his stomach, wrapping its devilish fingers closer towards his heart..

He swiftly moved to Jiyong’s side, shaking him and yelling if he was ok, completely ignoring the heads turned in their direction at the outburst. The fear had infected his bloodstream and Youngbae was completely focused on Jiyong, as if every fibre of his being was suspended in motion.

Out of his numb eyes, he suddenly saw a flash of red which seemed to spark a response in him, snapping him out of this nightmarish trance he was in.

He blinked and looked up, seeing everyone staring at them. Youngbae could feel his old insecurities bubbling to the surface, but he pushed them down; now is definitely not the time.

He quickly asked Yangsuk if he could take Jiyong to the nurse and was given a shocked nod in reply.

Youngbae wasted no time and hauled Jiyong up by his arm, noting how hot the boy was. He felt Jiyong shaking against him, sweat glistening off his skin from the classroom lights overhead.

He took most of Jiyong's weight and hurried down the steps and out of the classroom. Jiyong hung limp on his arm, his feet trailing across the floor behind them, with the only sign that he wasn't unconscious being his regular shrieks of pain echoing down the corridors of the school.

 

All Jiyong could feel was agony. All his energy was directed to the pounding inside his head, it almost felt as if something was ripping his mind open, pushing Jiyong out so that darkness could swarm in.

Jiyong fought back in an incoherent daze, grasping desperately at what little sanity was left inside his head. He couldn't let the darkness in, he couldn't. He gasped in pain again and his eyes flew open.

“-almost to the nurse.”

Jiyong caught the last bit of Youngbae’s sentence as he was dragged down the winding corridors. The slap of Youngbae's feet echoing all around him coupled with the sound of adrenaline pumping in his ears made him squirm away in recoil.

Then, it was like his mind became clear again, the sounds rushing to the background of his mind and he smelt, with perfect clarity, the blood that was in the air and Jiyong found that he liked it and wanted more of it; he wanted to be the cause of it and the one to see the victim suffer.

This chilling revelation caused Jiyong to halt abruptly, causing squeals down the corridor from the soles of his shoes. Panting hard, he wrenched Youngbae down on the floor beneath him, surprised by his strength.

Dark cloud of unconsciousness threatened to choke him and he wobbled there on his feet as his knees buckled.

“NO!!” He mentally shouted. “This isn’t me!” He clenched his hands tighter, letting the claws sink into his skin and relishing the sharpness of the pain. He lifted himself up shakily and dizzily looked around.

A red tinge was covering everything almost as if it was shadowing the bloodlust that Jiyong was feeling now. It was like a new hunger at the pit of his stomach, a hunger he needed to fill.

He swallowed. Jiyong knew he had to get somewhere alone, so he frantically looked across the corridor to find the men’s toilet and stumbled his way over, clutching the walls for support. He heard Youngbae struggle to his feet and was chasing after him but he didn’t care at that moment. A part of his mind was worried if he was hurt, but the bigger part just wanted to get away.

He crashed into the toilet and he stood there shaking. That’s when Youngbae came in.

Youngbae studied Jiyong for a second, at a complete loss on what to do and was about to take a step when Jiyong called out to him.

“No… Youngbae, don’t come closer..” Jiyong panted, both hands grasping his head, his knees slightly bent from the pressure. He didn’t know why or how, but he just knew that something evil was coming and Youngbae was going to get hurt.

“Youngbae….go,” Jiyong manged to wheeze out.

Youngbae was scared and confused at Jiyong’s words. Scared at the sound of them, as if Jiyong vocal cords were being ripped apart. He involuntarily took a slight step back.

Jiyong’s head suddenly snapped up, his body growing to its full height, no longer looking battered and broken. Scarlet eyes pierced Youngbae’s own, and he found he couldn’t look away.

“No, stay.”

Jiyong’s voice sounded the same as it normally would and to anyone who didn’t know him, it wouldn’t have been a cause for concern, but to Youngbae…it was.

This foreign voice was cold and devoid of all emotion and feeling.

Jiyong suddenly crumpled to the ground again, rocking back and forth and wailing at the top of his lungs.

The mirrors cracked, shattering to the floor.

The sinks burst open, letting off a fountain of freezing water.

The doors of the cubicles flung back, ripped off their hinges.

It was complete chaos.

And in the midst of it all was Youngbae, frozen in place, listening to the contant noise of Jiyong’s wails and watched the mayhem as if it was just a dream.

The blood from Jiyong’s hands had caused veins of red fluid to flow towards the gutter, mixing with the icy water from the taps. Jiyong didn’t care though; his head was bursting with pain and the darkness was starting to overwhelm him. In a few seconds he knew his body wouldn’t be able to cope and he would enter the welcomed realm of unconsciousness soon.

Before he did however, a voice that sounded like his own echoed through his mind, cutting the sound of his wails.

“You’re mine now.”

Jiyong’s eyes flew open for one last time before he passed out. This last thing he saw was himself staring back at him in a broken shard of a mirror, but with blood red eyes and pearly white fangs.

                                                                                                                                                                   

Hey so hope you enjoy it!! this chapter didn't really progress the story but i felt as if i needed to describe what they were both going through :) so i hope its ok XD