The Gamble of a Lifetime

Cold Eyes,Empty Heart,Frozen in Time(Takumi-Kun Series 1)

                   l couldn't belive what l posessed in my hands,a Stravidarius of the fourth class.l kept it in the concert hall until l had a bit of free time,and l tuned it up a little...until l realized someone had come through the door.

''May l request a song?''Jonghyun was back.l put back the violin without second thought and packed up.l walked away,but as always he stopped near me,and my radar was blaring.''Why does he get to have a song,but not me?''l didn't listen and stood there,''Excuse me,but l have to go,''And hastily walked around him.Only three steps later,he enveloped me into a hug really tightly.l struggled to get away,but he was able to force me to the ground,pinning me with no escape.The memories flooded back into my mind.The moment mom walked in on me and hyung,the touches he gave me.l struggled wildly,but to no avail,he was already getting at my pants.''Stop lt!STOP IT!''I kept screaming my lungs out,until l saw Joon dashing into the concert hall.''What the hell are you doing to him?''He shrugged off Jonghyun from my stunned self.Jonghyun rolled off a few feet away from us.Joon propped me up,''Are you ok?''Apparently not,Joon.l entirely forgot his hand was on my back and panicked.l jumped up and bolted out the door,not stopping until l made my way back to the dorm.l bumped into Kirah,who asked me about practice that night and l just kept running...

                The next few days,l didn't see Joon for a while.What happened to him?l woke up,always expecting him to be there.l had long forgotten about the practice l had agreed on with Kirah,so l went outside,where the whole field was covered in morning dew.The White Lilies were already doing some core exercises l need to catch up on,so l hurried down.l got on my helmet and Cecilia was shining at my side.Kirah was out duking with Lillian,hacking away at perfect precision cuts.He paused her program when he saw me.l waved,''Glad you could make it!Let's get going,''l unsteathed Cecilia,but he stopped me.He took out his own sword,and it looked quite different from the other plant-based sabres we had.The hilt and sword were etched with music notes,''This,it the Lyrica Sabre.lt was specially made to create different notes when hit.One thing l noticed was when you were first practicing,your rythmn was off.Musketeers are known for their impeccable taste for music and chivalry.Think of a song in your head,and let your body flow with it.You had too much on your mind,which is how you got struck down.Let me show you,''He tapped a program code into the comtroller of Lillian,and she swung back to life,slower than what she would perform at.They were off,trading blows of steel together.And l could hear a certain pattern of the notes that were hit on the Lyrica.lt sounded like a song,like...Sachi's song.The Rising Sun,definetly.lt was slow and clear,the notes rang out even when away from the clash.They didn't sound like harsh clashes,but full,clear notes.Lillian stopped after a while,and Kirah walked back to me,and handed me the Lyrica,''All you have to do,is feel the music inside you.Nothing more,nothing less.Clear minds and fast feet are keys to victory,''l held the sword comfortably in my hands.The sheen of soft pink glistened off the blade.Lillian kicked back up,and l thought of Sachi's song,not rushed,slowly,and perfectly at tone.l lunged forward,making the first note,and kept going,hearing the actual song play out in front of me.l moves flowingly with the pace of the song.lt was perfect.As l hit the final chord,Kirah clapped.''Perfect,just absolutely amazing,''l blushed from the sudden remark,''l think it was still off,''Kirah shook his head liberally,''l didn't hear it,and stop doubting yourself,it's not good for a Musketeer,''You're right.As we talked more,l heard Lillian whirring and clicking.''What's she doing?''Kirak whirled back to take a look also,''Lillian's changing tempo.Wait,where's the controller?''We searched around the area,''Nowhere.Kirah,we should ask the rest of the team to be on a lookout if Lillian's going on a rampag---Watch out!''Kirah pushed me away form Lillian as she brought down her automated sword down on Kirah.He was able to dodge it,but things were getting out of hand.Kirah's suit was slashed,and his arm has a thin cut running a long ways down.Crimson liquid flowed.''Help!Get Kirah away!''The other nearby Musketeers rushed and got Kirah to the imfirmary,while the others engaged Lillian.Guns were fired with full power,but the doll blocked them all expertly.So did the sabres,they didn't make it past her sword.l rushed out to the nearby forest trail,and looked around if anyone had it...then,l heard something.

             Music,very fast,erratic music.Sounded like rock music.l heard a guitar jamming out,and drums and cymbals,along with alot of other instrumentals.l looked up,and the comtroller was suspended in the canopy branches from high above me.The controller was on manual tempo,which meant is was following every exact beat right now,and it could be leading Lillian anywhere.The music was getting louder,and l remember the louder it was,the more faster Lillian moved.Maybe,it was following me!lt's not a stupid idea,but it's not entirely possible...

         My phone rang and l fished it out of my pocket.Joon was on the line,''Hey,what's up?''He sounded panicky,''Mireu,what is Lillian doing?She's headed for school grounds,and the Musketeers can't contain her very long---Joon,get out!What?''l immediately knew who programmed Lillian,''Get out of school campus territory,Lillian can only be active in the area of the school.l think Jonghyun's targeted you...hello?Joon?JOOON!?!?!?'' my life now,l gotta save Joon.l tried to attack the controller,but l just couldn't reach it.l threw my sword,rocks,everything l could find,and l couldn't reach either speaker of controller.No choice,but to intercept Lillian.Just as l rushed out onto the field,Jonghyun was waiting for me,sabre drawn.l've got no time for you,Jonghyun,you .''Well,now that we're alone...''Don't even start with me.Cecilia whistled through the air as l brought it down hard on Jonghyun's sword.l learned the technique of Cecilia while hiding away in my dorm room.Blessed Reincarnation.l jumped off him,and waited for him to stand again.l charged,with Cecilia at my side,and ducked low,going past his legs and knocking his knees out.Once he kneeled down,l jumped back up and clipped him in the neck.Of course it would've been supposedly a blade in his neck right now,but l was nice,and he wasn't my worry now.Joon...Joon,please be ok...l made my way around the school buildings,to see Lillian gliding away through the halls,in search for Joon.l bet Jonghyun even used the tracking mode.Joon was hopefully far away enough,but Lillian's hot pursuit told me he wasn't there yet...and even better,HE REJECTED MY WORDS OF CAUTION.There he was,walking right out of the main building,where Lillian was targeting.''Joon!l TOLD YOU TO LEAVE!''His head whirled in our direction,and he saw Lillian making her speedy way to kill Joon.l had to stop her.At the last few yards away from Joon,l dove in and broke her flow of balance my attacking her feet.She tumbled down the steps,and Joon was heading back into the building.Lillian sprang up,and whirled her sword.l remember her off panel was her left panel.l dived for it,avoiding her attack,and nearly made it.We traded alot of blows,and l was getting severly cut up.Blood was streaming from the cuts she gave me,which were minimal,but enough to slow me down.l did some damage to her circuitry,slowing her sword hand movements just a little.Her left eye lense was shattered from my sabre point,so she wasn't that precise.l had to stop her now,and before l could end up a butterfly fillet.Blood was flowing out profusely from my right arm,and she got my cheeck at one point.The taste of metallic iron was strong.l raised my sword for one last slash,and Lillian prepared for the worst.l noticed something in her chest cavity,a slit,the width of a sabre point,it even was in the shape of a thin diamond,like Cecilia's blade shape.l needed to jam it in there,that had to be the keyhole or weak point.l did a routine of complicated moves,to mislead Lillian,and she fell for it,striking out at the wrong time gave me enough leeway to stab my point into her left panel.Lillian spasmed for afew moments,and her iris lights had turned off,signaling that she was in shut down.The other Musketeers rushed out from the other places they were checking,and found me kneeling in a pool of blood.My head was woozy,and l couldn't see straight.Blood was pouring from my wounds.''Joon...Joon..ugh,''The last thing l remember seeing was Joon running towards my bloodied body....