Chapter 8

We used to love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Few weeks after that unexpected meeting, Minah couldn’t brush that off her head. She couldn’t stop thinking who that little child is related to Hansol, couldn’t stop wanting to go up front to ask him how was his life when she was in need of him, demanding an explanation from him that she wanted so much yet doesn’t dare to. 

She sighed as Jiho raised an eyebrow, staring at her while sipping on his ice Americano. He knew something was not right with Minah since she’s not even paying attention to Jiho who was talking about this car he’d want to get for her. 

Usually she’d say it’s a stupid idea to get her a car when she could’ve just taken the public transport everyday and it wasn’t even a hassle for her. But Jiho insist on getting a vehicle for her with that “no, you’re a lady! It’s dangerous for a lady to go back home alone at night. Plus you’re a workaholic, so that’s a plus point for me to get you a car”. 

“Right. We’re heading to the car expo later this afternoon, right after this brunch.” Minah got back to life with a little “huh?” while Jiho rolled his eyes. “Knew you weren’t listening.” he said. 

Minah laughed sheepishly as she comb her fingers through her hair. “Sorry,” she smiled, “work wasn’t that pleasant for me and I have this big meeting coming up soon so had to get the stuffs ready. But what were you talking about earlier on?” 

All Jiho gave as a reply was an empty laugh.

 

***

 

“Yes honey, I’m about there.” Hansol coos as he opened the door with one hand. “Of cause, I remember what you wanted. A red one right?” 

Hansol sighed after ending the call and roamed around to look for a beautiful nice car for SeMi who whined for a new one even before hers died. He could only sigh again as he looked at the prices of the cars in front of him. 

Pretty bad for their condition now since they’ve moved back and starting from scratch. (Hansol didn’t want to accept the money that his parents gave, he said those money should be saved in his parents’ retirement account and will not take a single cent.) 

A little nod came from him when he stopped at a particular red one. He liked this. No, he love this model from this batch of cars. Hansol gotta get this for SeMi, even if she doesn’t like the interior. He smiled as he turned around to look for a staff. 

A staff approached Hansol, but there are no words coming out from his mouth. He saw someone; someone he hasn’t seen for a while. Hansol wanted to go up front to give her a big hug, telling her he’s sorry, she could be mad at him forever and he wouldn’t even mind. The urge in Hansol to pounced up front was huge, but he couldn’t. He saw Jiho right beside Minah, with her arms wrapped around his, smiling brightly as they’re scanning this particular car. 

“Sir?” The staff called out and Hansol blinked out of daze. 

“Huh? Oh, sorry about that,” Hansol rubbed his neck out of a habit he had since young. 

“No worries, sir. Would you like getting this model? It’s a brand new edition,” 

Words and words coming from the young staff about the car Hansol’s getting for SeMi, but none is going in his ears. His focus was on Minah, and only on her. A part of Hansol wanted to move right before she spot him, but half of him wanted to stay and act as if he didn’t notice them. 

 

***

 

“Are you sure you like this one? Because I’m pretty sure you said the same thing about the previous one, Minah.” Jiho raised an eyebrow at Minah while she laughed and shook his hands. 

Jiho snorted while shaking his head. “Alright, alright. I got it. Wait for me here, I’ll go get all this done.” Minah nodded and hurried him away. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter