Chapter 9

We used to love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hansol smiled as he tied the last part of the braid for his daughter, excited that she’s going to attend her first kindergarden session this morning. Hansol have always dreamt of bringing his kid to school, telling them ‘have a good day’, and then picking them up right when they’re done. Coming home to his wife’s cooking, asking them how was their day at school and work, before ending the night with a kiss from both his precious people in his life. 

“You ready for school?” He asked Minjoo, who was smiling brightly back at her father. 

“Of course, Daddy!” Hansol couldn’t stop smiling and her hair before picking her up. 

“Alright, let’s go shall we? Mummy’s waiting outside for us, so we better get going before she’s going to nag!” Both of them laughed as they exited the door, Hansol locking it. 

Even though Hansol was laughing, this wasn’t what he dreamt of. Because the woman he’s sitting beside isn’t the one in his dream.

 

***

 

“Are you serious, Shin Jiho? Are you?” Minah yelled across the living room, before grabbing her shoes and aiming it at Jiho who’s at the kitchen. 

Jiho laughed as he turned around with the pan of food he made. “Minah, you know I don’t joke about such things. Think of it as a friendly day out, it wouldn’t hurt for you to visit the kindergarden with me right?” 

Minah rolled her eyes, mumbling ‘since when did you bother?’. She got up from the couch and strolled over to the dining table lazily.

“I can’t believe this. The Shin Jiho who hated kids’ cryings are actually asking me to go to the kindergarden for him as a volunteer because his dear friend couldn’t make it for his class? Daaaaamn, I just… Wow.” She made a ‘pop’ sound, making Jiho stared at her. 

Jiho shook his head as he laid Minah’s breakfast on the table before moving back to the kitchen to grab her coffee. 

“Come on, just once, please? It’s not like you’ve work today,” Minah scoffed.

“Fine. Just today.”

Jiho smiled, nodding. “Just today.”

“Oh god, Shin Jiho, I really hate you so much.” Minah pouted with her palm over her eyes.

“I love you too, Minah.”

 

***

 

The way to the kindergarden was extremely quiet. Not like SeMi didn’t try to start a conversation, Hansol just wasn’t in the mood for talking. The radio was playing, and his favourite song just had to be on. SeMi laughed, making Hansol frown.

“This was the song, wasn’t it?” He could hear her smirk, but because of his daughter, he had to calm down. He knew definitely what SeMi was talking about, it was her. The song that the both of them liked. 

Hansol kept quiet, he certainly didn’t want to continue this. SeMi made sure her daughter’s asleep before turning to Hansol once again.

“Why can’t you answer me? Don’t tell me you’re still lost in time?” 

Hansol’s grip on the steering wheel tighten, and SeMi knew her trick was working.

“If you want a pleasant marriage with me, forget all about her. It’s not like she’s going to run back into your hug anymore, Hansol.” 

“Will you just shut up, nuna? I don’t think you’ve the rights to voice anything out. Deep down you know clearly what happened; so you lost your rights on commenting about this too.” 

SeMi could only let fire out of her nose before looking front.

 

***

 

“You can do this, Han Minah! You can!” Minah put a fist up in the air before straightening her shirt. Jiho who was behind of her laughed. 

“What are you laughing at? You dragged me into this! Yet you dared to laugh?” Jiho shook his head before opening the door of his car for her.

“Just get in before we run out of time.” Minah pushed him out of the way on purpose before getting in and Jiho laughed at her childishness.

The ride was short and fun despite having a little bicker here and there. (More like Minah’s trying to push the blame on Jiho if she’s going to create a mess later on.) 

Minah wowed at the exterior of the kindergarden before nudging Jiho.

“Are you sure this is a kindergarden and not a mansion? This is just,” She let her jaw drop. 

“They have been planning for this for years, of course it’s going to look grand.” Jiho laughed, unbelting Minah’s belt. 

“Now go show them kids you’re Han Minah! I will pick you up o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter