Chapter Nine

Dancing is illegal?

Eunhyuk's pov

 

The drive to home was silent and my mum just stared the road. After she has come to school, we cheked my locker. There wasn't any drugs but Mrs. Park thought it would be better if I leave home. My mum wasn't spoke to m at all, she didn't even look at me.

"Mum, you know that I never would use drugs?" I asked carefully when she parked the car.

"Of course, but I just try to think how you got yourself to this kind of situation. What kind of friends you have here?"

"Seriously mum. I don't have any idea who said that about me and I'm 100% sure that my friends don't use, or even want to use, drurgs either"

We didn't speak anything else and I just went to my room. I checked my phone and notice that I've got couple of messages from Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun: Hey dude, where r u? (13:45)

Kyuhyun: You still with Mrs. Park? (13:59)

Kyuhyun: Seriously, I saw Mrs. Park in her office and you weren't there.. Did something happen? (14:20)

Kyuhyun: Answer you damn phone!!!!!! (14:30)

I was just going to answer when Mr.Kim  rushed to my room. "You seriously think you can live here?? How dare you use drugs? Where do you keep them and don't even think that I let you spend time with Hyoyeon anymore. I knew this is going to happen.. You're nothing more than troubles" he shouted angrily.

"I've never used drugs! It was just some kind of misunderstanding." I defened myself.

"If you were so good kid what everyone think you are, there wouldn't even be those kind of rumors."

"I've got enough of this!" I shouted and left my room. I grapped my car keys and went to my car.

"Hyukkie where are you going?" Hyoyeon shouted when shesw me leaving.

"Don't know yet."

"But you promised to play with me tod-"

"Hyoyeon, now is not the good time. Tell my mum that I'll be out" I said while starting my car. I clearly saw that Hyoyeon was pouting and really disappointed,but right now I just want to be alone.

 

I drove to the old warehouse and just sopped the car inside the building. I heard about this place from Hangeng, when he told me places where I can dance and probably won't get caught. He told me that this was the place where town's dancing team gathered. For a little town, there was many dance teams, not only school's, and there was even some dance battles. The warehouse was high and spacious. There still was some machines, but they were next to the walls and looked really old. The door was enough for two cars to go side by side and and about three meters high. There was also big windows near of the roof. I didn't bothered to try if the lights would still work since the sun was still up and the light, which came from outside, was enough for me. There were a lot of dust which I clearly saw since it was dancing in the sunray, but there were also some empty soda cans and chip bags so this place probably wasn't completely abandoned.

After I checked that I was alone, I changed music on my car radio from some random radio channel to my own cd where I was collected songs which I found easy to dance with. There were songs from my latest dance competitions which immediately brought memories to me. I started to do some warm-ups and after some time I was fully lost to dancing. I started to dance my last solo dance and didn't notice that there was someone stepping inside the warehouse. I danced the final set and when I stopped to the ending pose, I heard someone's clapping.

"Wow, that was awesome! You clearly can dance" Donghae said and walked towards me. I just nodded and went to drink my water bottle which I had left to the car. While drinking water, I tuned music a bit lower. After I had catched my breath enough, I turned towards Donghae. He was smiling to me, but his eyes were full of questions.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Well there's couple of places in this town where I usually go when I want to think or be alone.. This is one of them" He said "But of course I don't ask you to leave this building right now" I can see that the last sentence was a try to bring my mood up and actually it did it.

"You can boss everyone at the school but not me. I wouldn't leave just because you would say to me" I said and smirked.

"Oh please, you know that our school is not like those high school movies where is the 'popular kids' who tell other people what to do. I just come along with people well." he rolled his eyes sitted to the ground while leaning to my car. I was a bit amused about his answer since if you asked my opinion, Donghae was exactly like those popular kids in movies.

"Oh please to yourself, maybe it's not that exaggerated as in the movies, but you're still that person who always has someone to hang out wherever they go." I said and went to sit next to him.

" Okay that might be true. But just because I don't like to be alone. I get bored easily if there's no people around me. But I still disagree with that popular kid -thing" he said and smirked.

"Okay, you'll win." I said which ended our conversation. We sat in the comfortable silent and listened the music which comes from the car radio.

"But yeah, what are you doing here? And I know from you face that something is upsetting you and you didn't come just because you wanted to dance." Donghae asked after some time.

"Well there's more than one thing and it's quite a long story" I said.

"I have talked about myself so many long stories that I think it's time to let me hear your long stories" Donghae said and after that I started to tell him.

I told about how someone broked Hyoyeon's window at the night and how Mr. Kim is now blaming me because 'I've got myself in troubles' and after that I told about the drug accident. I also tell him how Mr.Kim always blames me just because I used to live in Seoul and how it hurts me that my own mum even thought about me using drugs. Donghae let me speak and just listened to me and I then realised he's a good listener, which I wasn't expecting.

"Well, it might be because of his nephew that he has those thoughts about you too. Seunghyun did hang out with wrong people." Donghae said.

"Who is Seunghyun?" I asked."I've never heard about Mr.Kim's nephew.. Does he live here?"

"Not anymore.. I think you should ask about him from someone else. It's your family business and I don't know all those little details." he said and we started to talk about more casual things. Donghae told me about how used to belong to dance team which used to participate in different competitions around the neighbour towns. I also told him about my competition and we decided that we should sometimes dance together and maybe ask Donghae's old dance team members too and dance in the group. I also learned that Hangeng was one of them and Amber too.

"Well, it was nice to talk with you, but I have to go home now.. I also have a little trusting problems at home too." Donghae said.

"It's that because of Changmin?"

"Yeah.. I mean my mum has king of accepted him but my dad.. Well I think you know what I mean" he said and I saw how his face turned dark for couple of seconds.

"I think I know what you mean.. But hey, I can give you a ride back home. It's on the way anyway" I said and Donghae thanked me while siting inside the car. 

While driving back home we talked about how we should start to talk to people how can we stop these ridiculous rules about dancing and other 'dangerous things'. Donghae said he could asked Siwon to help us too and promised to tell me if he get any ideas. We switched phone numbers before Donghae stepped out of the car.

"Well, we will see tomorrow at school so.. Good night and thanks for the ride" Donghae said when he was closing the door.

"Yeah, good night you too" I said to him and drove back to home. When I walked to my room I saw everyone else sitting in the livingroom watching some movie. I was in front of my room's door when I remembered the name. Seunghyun. I decided that I should go to the library since there were pictures at the wall, if I remember correct.

When I stepped inside the house's own little library, I immediately knew this was a good idea. There were those family pictures on the wall and also individual pictures. There were Hyoyeon's and Amber's pictures from school and also couple of pictures about me. Then I recognized some pictures about Lee's family. In those ones there was also a boy who I didn't recognize and when I checked the date when the photo was taked, I realised it must be Junho. The photo were nine years old but I could see why people think that Donghae looks like Junho.

Next to that picture, there was picture of Amber and Hyoyeon with Donghae and Siwon. In that picture were also two boys who I haven't saw earlier. The photo was taken four years ago, but somehow the other boy looked really familiar. Then it hit me. That boy in the picture, who has red hair, was Junho. He was changed so much between those two picture. Then I focused on the other boy. He didn't seem anyone from school.

"That read head is Junho"

I almost got a heart attack and turned around to see Amber behind me.

"Geez Amber... You scared me" I said and turned back to look that picture. " I kind of guessed that he's Junho.. But who is that other boy?"

"He is Seunghyun.. Dad's nephew" Amber said and stepped closer to see the photo.

"Seunghyun... How I haven't heard about him? Does he still leaves here?" I asked curiously. Maybe Amber will tell me about him.

"No, he doesn't live" she answered calmly. "he's dead"

 

"Dead?" I asked. I really didn't expect this.

"Yeah.. I'm sure you have heard about that accident. That one where Junho also died. Seunghyun was in the same car."

"Oh.. I'm sorry, I didn't know" I apologized.

"It's okay.. Dad doesn't wan't to talk about that so much. You see, he was part of that gang where was Junho and Changmin. They got themselves really often to troubles and actually he was leader of this gang with Junho. He wasn't a bad person, no. He was a great cousin and he stood up for his friends. There was a time, when there were some jerks who bullied me because, well, I dress differently than other girls. He heard about that and beat them up. I know that violence is not the solution and Junho got suspended for two weeks because of that, but you see my point." Amber answered and I see that he really cared about him and missed him. "I think that my dad regrets that he was ashamed of Seunghyun when he was still alive and he doesn't wan to remember himself about that."

"Was he ashamed of him because he wasn't a good kid?" I asked carefully.

"Well, yes.. but that's not the only reason. You see, Seunghyun didn't want to follow his father steps and work at the same firm as my dad. He wanted to become an idol. He and Junho wanted to apply for a same label and they dreamed that they would be in the same group. Later on, Changmin stepped also in the picture when he became good friend with Seunghyun too. At first, he was a bit distant towards Changmin, since they had some arguments in the past, but later all three were like brothers"

"Wow..."

"Yeah.. There is one more thing which can also be the reason why dad his suspect towards you. Junho and Seunghyun were in the exchange students and they study two months in Seoul. It was something to do with their music classes and here was also couple of students from Seoul. But after that, when they come back to home, they got themselves more serious problems so my dad, and also Lee's and some other parents, think that that was the reason why they started to behave like they behaved."

"That can explain that but that don't give the right to speak to me like that. I'm not like them and I hope your father will realise that." I said. Of course, when I see his behavior on this light, I understand him more, but I'm still upset.

"Don't worry, he will change his attitude after some time. But seriously, do you know something about that person who broke Hyo's window?"

"No! I don't know anything about that. I can't even think about any names who could do that"

"Okay okay, I just asked. I really didn't think that you would have something to do with it because what I have heard and seen, you come along with people well and you don't have so called 'enemies' at the school"

 

~Next day, Donghae's pov~

 

 

I was talking with Sungmin while walking towards sport field to P.E, when I got a message from Changmin. "Hey, Min... Changmin is here to talk with me so I might be a bit late"

"You're gonna skip the class? Donghae, you've been skipping too many classes. You will be in trouble if you do that more..."

"Don't worry, I'm not going to skip whole class. But he said he has something important to talk with me, so yeah... see you later" I said to him and ran to the parking area. There I saw Changmin in his car, tapping his fingers to the door in rhythm. When he saw me, he stepped out of the car.  "Let's go to talk somewhere where is more quiet" he said.

We walked in silence to the school's backyard. I haven't seen Changmin so upset in a long time. He has those times when he is either really angry or depressed and I know that at those times he blame himself about his friends death. But this time he seems different. I didn't asked about that yet, since I know that if he wants to talk about something, he will talk. 

"So, you and Eunhyuk now?It doesn't actually suprise me, I know you are head over heels for him, but I really didn't expect that you could cheat me" he said coldly and when he turned around, all I see was hurt in his eyes.

"What? what are you talking about?" I was suprised. I knew that Changmin might get jealous, but like this? I love Changmin and I thought he would know that and trust me.

"Please don't act so suprised. My friend saw you with him yesterday evening. You know, your parents will probably threat him the same way as me, so should I warn him about that?"

"Me and Eunhyuk are just friends. It's you who I love, Changmin. I don't know what your friend said, but he was just giving me a ride"

"Yeah, right. You think I'm stupid? I've seen how you look at him and how you talk with him. Don't worry, now you can fully focus on Eunhyuk" 

"A-are you breaking up with me?" I asked and I feel how tears strated to came up to my eyes. "Just because you think there's something between me and Eunhyuk? Changmin, I've barely know him a week, I've known you since I was a kid. And most important thing, you are my boyfriend, I love you." I said to him and grabbed his arm.

"Yeah, well you should have remember that before you go to kiss other people!" he shouted at me.

"Kiss?! I've never kissed Eunhyuk! What your friend talked about?" 

"Forget about my friend, this is about us!"

"Yeah, and it seems that you don't trust me!"

"Well your behaviour don't really give a reason to that! What was that dancing on the last Friday, huh?" he shouted at me.

"It was nothing! Changmin believe me, I love you and only you" I pleaded and grabbed his arm tighter.

"Forget about it, Donghae. It's over now" he said sternly and pulled his arm away, but I grabbed again.

"Changmi-"

Then I felt pain in my face. When I opened my eyes I saw Changmin staring at me shock in his eyes, and he was lightly panting. I touched my nose and there was something sticky. Blood.

"I-I'm sorry" he said and ran away leaving me behind. I feel how my tears started to drop to my hand to and then I started to cry even harder. I fell to the ground, it feels like my legs didn't have any strength left. I didn't know what hurted most. The pain in my face or the pain what I feel in my heart. Changmin couldn't do that. No..

 

"Donghae, are you here? I saw Changmin leaving and you didn't come to so I became worried. You didn't also answer your cellpho- Oh my, what happened?!" I heard Sungmin running towards me, and then I feel arms around me. 

"Don't you will dirty your shirt" I said between my sobs. I don't how long I was sitting on the ground and honestly, I didn't care.

"Hae, you are bleading... Did... did Changmin did this to you? Hold on, do you have tissues on your bag? Yes? We really should try to stop that bleeding.." he said and give me a tissue.

After the bleeding was stopped and I was calmed down a bit, Sungmin was still hugging me while I told him about what happened.

"I just can't believe that he broke up with me... I mean, yes I knew that he might get jealous over Eunhyuk since he's a new and so on, but I don't feel anything towards him! We are just friends and I taught Changmin could have trust me..." I said and already feel how tears started to gather to my eyes again.

"Listen, Donghae... You didn't do anything wrong. If he didn't see how you love him, it's his loss. And he even hitted you!" I was silent since I didn't want to talk about that anymore. 

"What about we just skip the last class? Come to my house, we could watch some movies and eat junk food. I got a new comedy last week and I heard it's a really good one. Just you and me." Sungmin suggested. "Okay since you don't answer, I take that as a yes. Here, take your hoodie off and wear mine. You shouldn't walk here in a dirty clothes" he said and gave me his black hoodie.

"Thanks, Min. About everything" 

"What are the best friends for? Come, there's not so many people since there's still an half hour left before the break start. I will just quickly get my bag from the locker room and then we can leave."

 

 

A/N: So yeah, chapter nine here you go~  wrote a bit longer now, hope you guys like it. I'm also sorry about that I don't update so often, but I'm really busy with school ( What the hell I was thinking when I chose my courses for this year-.-) and there's also piano and guitar lessons which take my time. But I'll update this as much as I can. But do you like more if I wrote longer chapter like this or if I wrote those shorter one like the other chapters? :) The other reason also why it takes me longer to update is that I try to write better English now since I kind of realised that it's less than a year to my baccalaureate ( or matriculation examination or what ever you wanna call that) 

Hope you enjoyed the chapter~

 

I'll check this chapter again from mistakes when I've more time XD