the science class

the art class

He's too cute, she thinks to herself.  Chanyeol's waiting outside the science classroom for her friend Christina (she has a boyish haircut,  and much prefers to be called Kris, ' the k gives it attitude' she insists, and she's sending glances towards hands-down the cutest boy she's ever seen off a computer screen. 

Of course, this isn't the first time she's seen Baekhyun, and this definitely isn't the first time she's thought this about him. She's actually been developing this crush for a few months now. Just seeing him makes her feel happy and shiny in ways she'd previously thought only happened in films or books.  

His smile, that was the first thing she noticed about him. Other people might look to the eyes or the hair first,  and Chanyeol isn't saying Baekhyun's are bad, she could never say that, but its impossible not to spot it first. He's dazzling, spellbinding- and she's bound. Tight.

Right now, though, he's looking focused and serious with his eyebrows furrowed harshly, and his head resting in his hand. He lets it slip, slowly, fingers pushing into his hair and his head thunks - she imagines the noise, since she acn't hear it from here- and stays there for a few moments until the boy sat beside him taps him. when he heaves himself upright, His fringe his stuck up and uneven, and it makes her want to reach out and pat it down, If only she could.

He'd never be interested in being her boyfriend, not when she's over a handswidth taller than him. And she doesn't think she could withstand being 'just friends' so it's better for her mental health if she just stays away. Hopefully these feelings will die down, eventually, and she'll be able to hold a normal conversation in the canteen without looking around to see him all the time.

She's prepared violently vivid fantasies in her mind about what they would be like as a couple- even though it will never happen- like first dates (a movie at her or his house wherein they'll watch a horror movie and since she hates jumpscares, she'll cling onto his hand- or maybe his thigh- and squeeze it everytime something scary happens)  sleeping on the sof together, sleeping in a bed together (she sleeps like a starfish, and she hopes he wouldn't mind having a leg or an arm flung across him in the middle of the night) and then there'd be the wedding. 

She would be dressed in bright colours, not white, she can't stand how boring it looks and doesn't get why it's so popular. Baekhyun would be in black, of course, but his tie would be a different colour- maybe red- and he would wait at the altar impatiently, turning around to try and catch a glimpse of her.

 Let's not even mention bedroom activities they might share.  Actually, yes, let's;  she imagines him to be a slow lover. Gentle at first, but perfectly capable of being rougher when the occasion presents itself.  

She would cook meals for him every day, unless she doesn't feel like it, or they go out to a restaurant.  She could dress up all pretty and wear her hair up nicely.  He'd wear nice clothes too, of course, even if she has to dress him herself.  Now there's a thought. And then she could undress him when they get back home. 

Oh, yes, they'll live in an apartment on the edge of town because prices are exorbitant in the center, and then maybe once they get tired they could look for a house in the countryside somewhere. That could be really expensive as well though, and Baekhyun might not want to.

The real live Baekhyun in front of her reaches for the hem of his sweater,  finally going to take the damn thing off. It looks sweltering in there.  His t-shirt catches on his sweater as he lifts it up, and he struggles with it for a moment, only wanting to remove one layer.

Chanyeol is grateful she's been afforded such a good view; because from here she can see everything.  He's not muscular by any means,  but she swears it should be illegal to be that cute. He has a soft stomach, which hangs over the edge of his trousers:  it's adorable. 

His head pops out and his hair is even messier than before,  with tufts sticking out everywhere. He makes a (squishy) face at his friend when he teases him about it and she swoons inside. 

Baekhyun sits sulkily at his desk with his chin resting on folded arms,  which makes his eyes look bigger since he has to look up to see the board. Chanyeol wishes she could sit opposite him. Without it being extremely weird.

The class start packing their things away, and for a moment Chanyeol panics but then remembers that she has every right to be there.  Baekhyun nods at the teacher as he leaves, promising her that he definitely will do the homework this time, he promises. 

His gait falters when he sees her,  mouth closing suddenly and eyes widening the slightest bit. He looks tired and pink and sweaty. She smiles blindingly, hoping to get one of Baekhyun's luminous grins in return but he just twitches the corners of his lips and moves on, ducking ducking his head down 

He must be embarrassed by her,  she's too loud and boisterous.  She can understand why he wouldn't want to be seen with her;  she isn't exactly perfect girlfriend material. 

"Channie," Kris starles her by pinching her waist, "forget about that douche, " she recommends, when she sees that Chanyeol is watching after him as he speeds off down the corridor, weaving in and out of the loiterers like a motorcyclist though a traffic jam.

"I don't really want to," she informs Kris who is standing with het arms folded disapproving. 

"Well in that case you're going to have to be more proactive," she warns, aware that Chanyeol has issues talking to new people. 

"Mhm, I know, " she nods, and pushes herself off the wall to head to the canteen.