the art class

the art class

She's so beautiful, Baekhyun thinks to himself.  He's standing outside the door watching her like a creeper,  but one of his friends is in there too so it's not like he doesn't have an excuse, he consoles himself.

Her medium length auburn hair shines like a halo from one of those religious paintings with the sun behind her like that, and gentle shadows play across her face as she mouths the words to whatever song is playing on her iPod.  Her blue pencil flies across the page in short bursts, pausimg occasionally to add extra shading in areas that are darker on the photo situated just to her left.

Suddenly, she drops her pencil and s her arms out in front of her stretching her back muscles.  It must be hard on her back to be hunched over like that all the time.  He scolds himself for paying too much attention to the way her loose t-shirt buches up around her chest,  and rides up at the back.  

Under the table, she stretches her legging-clad legs too,  and Baekhyun spares a moment to drool over those as well. He thinks the galactic print on them matches her personality well: she's a bit spacey after all.

Her arms drop behind her and while she rolls her head he wishes she wouldn't do that,  wouldn't arch her back like that. He checks his phone and finds that there's only a few minutes left until the end of the lesson,  and only a few more minutes in which he'll be able to watch her before they all leave. 

She picks up her pencil again,  only to drop it and pick up her drawing and hold it out in front of her, bangles slipping down her slim arms as she inspects her work for flaws. Baekhyun wishes he could see what she's drawimg; he's sure it must be good.

She tucks her feet under her stool. Baekhyun has noticed she fidgets a lot,  doesn't like to stay still for too long. Especially when she's with her friends, then she's a giant bal of flaming,  vibrant brilliance. Or, say at least, that's what he's deduced from his sly glances at her during lunch. 

She her lips, and tilts her head back,  trying to get as far a vantage point as possible and stares at it,  wide eyes circling the monochrome picture like an eagle, any errors are her prey, and she will  deal with them accordingly.  Her head flicks around and she nearly gives Baekhyun a heart attack, thinking he's been caught,  but she was only checking the time.  

Her face drops dramatically,  and she reluctantly begins putting away her things, dropping something- a rubber?  Sharpener? - in the process. Baekhyun watches her bend down to pick it up, embarrassed, then looks up and down the corridor. Luckily there's no one around who could have seen that. 

 There's a painful rumbling noise, and a cacophony of screeches as the whole class stand and migrate out into the hallway. Chanyeol is out before his friend, Jongdae, and as she approaches the door,  she tucks her almost curly hair behind her ears. This makes them look bigger,  but Baekhyun doesn't care; in fact he thinks it makes her look cute.

He likes it when she doesn't look completely polished, like if her eyeliner isn't quite level,  or her hair is tied up messily. Or like now, with grey pencil smudges all up her hand and wrist.

He smiles nervously up at her as she walks by him, waving his hand awkwardly.  She grins back, her smile turns his face into a furnace and he blinks at her. 

It breaks his heart that she's ten centimeters taller than him;  a girl like her wouldn't ever be interested in a guy who is shorter than her. He watches ruefully as she meanders up the hall way, nearly bumping into someone on the way but swerving at the last second, crystal pendant swinging dangerously. 

"You should give up on her, " Jongdae says to his left,  making him jump. He knows.  He knows he doesn't have a chance with her, but just knowing isn't going to change how he feels. He shrugs, and pushes off the wall.

"I will. Eventually."