Chapter 2: When In Korea; GO TO A SHOW!

Chasing Biases

It has been a few days since the girls have started their lives in South Korea.
Waking up to the Korean sky, hearing the busy streets filled with people, and music. The girls couldn’t help but feel like they were in a dream. Maybe even playing out a drama, because almost everything they past by, they swore it looked familiar. 

And these past few days since they have arrived, they have done nothing but walk around Hongdae, shopping around, exploring and finding their way around their new home until they started to feel familiar with their new home. 

 

However, there is one main thing the girls have yet to do. 


They haven’t found their schools..

 

Despite their dream jobs and dream boyfriends, before they can even get there, they all had to follow through what they signed up for. 

That, was being ESL teachers. 

Mihyeonjae at an elementary, Lina at a middle school, Mirim and Yoonhee each at a high school, then Soomin as a college student. 

 

Mihyeonjae, Yoonhee, and Lina were the first ones up, lounging around their large living room, watching TV, and eating breakfast Lina cooked for them.

The three girls didn’t notice Mirim quietly walked out of her room she shared with Soomin, still in her pajamas, until she slammed her hands on the table. “Guys..I know I’ve been reminding y’all this whole week before we have to start our jobs but…WE HAVE TO FIND OUR SCHOOLS.” Mirim lectured to her friends. “WE LITERALLY HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THEY ARE AROUND HERE.”

 

The slam had brought the three to a halt. Forks, chopsticks, and spoons in mid-air. Some even close to their mouths with food on them as their eyes were on Mirim. 

 

“Come on!” she continued. “Our first day is TOMORROW.”

 

“NUH HUH!” Mihyeonjae tried to defend, putting a piece of food in . She knows that she hasn’t exactly been keeping track of their time here but, starting shouldn’t be that soon. 

 

“Uh..she’s actually right, unnie..” Yoonhee answered meekly, putting her food down. 

 

Mihyeonjae then took out her new phone, given to them by the teacher’s company. All the girls got one. “Shhit she is right..” she answered after looking at her calendar, then dropped her phone next to her. “UGH and I did not want to get up today!” she groaned. 

 

The girls then looked towards Mirim again, and saw she was giving them all a judging look. 

 

“Alright! I’M UP” Yoonhee jumped up first.

 

“UGHH okay, let’s go look for our schools..” Lina got up with her dishes to put them away without even arguing. Even she knew that they had procrastinated enough.

 

“FINE” Mihyeonjae got up last.

 

“Whoo! “ Mirim said happily as she won. “Soomin-ah~~~~” she sang running back into her room to wake her dongsaeng up. 

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Okay, so we will meet up at a coffee shop okay? Call whenever y’all get done.” Lina said as her, Yoonhee, and Miyeonjae were at the door, putting their shoes on. 

 

“No problem! We’ll see you guys later.” Soomin said saying bye to her unnies/and mother.

Miyeonjae, Lina, and Yoonhee were off the the west side of Mapo, where they found out their schools schools were at. 

 

“Unnie! You done yet?” Soomin called to Mirim in the bathroom.

 

“YEAH!” she replied running out. “Let’s go!” 

 

The two girls ran anxiously out the door and towards the elevator of their apartment building.

 

“So what’s your school’s name?” Mirim asked once they boarded the elevator. 

 

“SooMoon University. I looked up their school website, and the pictures they have of the school looks huge! It’s so different from back home and I love it!” Soomin laughed and Mirim laughed along with her. 

 

“So have you thought about what you want to major in yet?” Mirim asked. 

 

“No..not really. I mean..I’ll already be singing and dancing for you so..I don’t know what I want to do. I think for now I’m just going to get my basics done.”

 

“Don’t think that. Just because you’ll be working for me, doesn’t mean school can’t teach you anymore about dance or anything. Keep thinking about it.” 

 

“Well, hopefully I can still use the dance rooms they have when there isn’t anyone in there.”

 

“Whoo! That means practice space for you.~ Hey and don’t forget to look for talent too! We’re gonna need more trainees. Especially if you want to be in a group.”

 

“Neh~” She smiled. 

 

Once the girls walked out of the building and headed for the bus stop down the street. As the two continued their conversation, as the bus stop got closer, something caught Mirim’s eye. “Oh!” she suddenly stopped.

 

Soomin stopped at the same time confused until she tried to follow her gaze. “IS THAT TAEMIN’S FACE?” Soomin almost screamed when she saw his beautiful face among others on the bus stop’s ads. The girls ran to the bus stop to take a closer look.

 

“Yeah! It says…Immortal Song?! He’s gonna be on Immortal Song and they are recording today! Aww! Ailee and Hongki are going to be there too!” 

 

“Unnie let’s go, let’s go!!” Soomin begged, “MY LIFE WILL BE ALMOST COMPLETE!” 

 

“Alright let’s do it!” Mirim smiled. “Hopefully we can get the others to come along too.”

 

Soomin started babbling to herself uncontrollably. 

 

“Hey! Calm down! Haha, we still have to visit our schools. Let’s try and find our bus.” Mirim laughed at her dongsaeng. 

 

~~~

 

“Whoo! You’re school isn't that far from mine unnie!” Lina said happily to Mihyeonjae. “Looks like we’ll be able to meet for lunch and everything!”

 

“Y’all booties! You guys are all close to each other while I’m the farthest one out. T^T” Yoonhee whined. 

 

“Hey, you’re not that far! And if we were at the same school we’d never get anything done..” Lina informed. It was true though. They were all lucky that they are all at different schools.
No school would of been able to handle all of them at once. 

 

“Whateva..” Yoonhee mumbled. “Will you make my my lunch then?” 

 

“PSH, I’ll think about it.” she answered before she heard her phone go off, playing G-Dragon’s Michigo. 

 

“Hello?” Lina answered her phone.

“Hey, me and Soomin-ah are at a coffee shop close to our apartment! You guys finished?” 

“Yeah. We’ll be there soon. We’re pretty close. Maybe a few blocks away now.”

“Alright~” Mirim sang before hanging up. 

 

 

“They finished?” Mihyeonjae asked Lina as she saw her hang up her phone.

 

“Yeah they said they are at a coffee shop by the house now.” she answered as they started walking again putting away her phone. 

 

 

“NETTA!” Yoonhee screamed as she came to a halt, slapping Lina’s shoulder hard. 

 

“OW SHEIT DAMN WAT?! And you’re supposed to call me Lina unnie, Yoonhee-yah!” she started to scold. 

 

“YG BUILDING!!” she shouted pointing at the oddly shaped grey building. 

 

“OH MY GOD JANELLE!” Lina shouted as she felt her knees were getting weak. Even forgetting to call Janelle by her Korean name, like Yoonhee did to her. The two then practically sprinted towards the building leaving Mihyeonjae behind.

 

Mihyeonjae started laughing her off seeing her friends fangirl so hard. She openly took out her phone and started recording them as they completely lost their minds, running around the outside of the well-known building. Lina and Yoonhee were practically falling over each other as they touched the building.
Even starting to scare some of the random people on the street that were walking by. 

 

 

~~~

 

“Jesus guys what took y’all so long?” Mirim said as she saw the three walk into the coffee shop. Mihyeonjae busy with her phone laughing, while Lina and Yoonhee were holding on to each other barely able to walk. 

 

“Something happen umma?” Soomin asked as her mom sat next to her. 

 

“HA! Uh yeah.” She said with a huge smile showing her phone to Mirim and Soomin.

 

She showed them the video she took.

Yoonhee and Lina were outside of the YG building, fangirling hard

Yoonhee was on the wall slightly caressing it. While Lina was on all fours on the group, practically thanking Jesus/Shisus that she was here, that He brought her here, and more. 

 

“Oh my God…” Mirim practically slammed her head on the table in embarrassment. 

 

“HAHAH Lina unnie, Yoonhee unnie HAHHAHA! That has to be the biggest fangirl moment I’ve ever seen! XD “  Soomin laughed barely able to breath.

 

“Hey don’t judge us bro! It’s not like you wouldn’t do the same if you suddenly found SM.” Lina tried to defend while fanning herself to calm her down. 

Both, Yoonhee and Lina, were trying to bounce back from their fangirl moment. They were laying back in their seats, exhausted from the amount of emotions. Even still slightly muttering to themselves about how “life is now beautiful.”

 

“OH RIGHT” Mirim shot up, “Taemin is going to be on Immortal Song 2 today! So is Ailee and Hongki, and a few others. They are recording it today!”

 

“Really? That’s neat!” Yoonhee brushed off. She knew the artist, but she’s never really interested unless it’s someone she really loves, or knows what’s going on.  

 

“Come on unnie~ Let’s go and let me meet my man!! And Immortal song is a great show!” Soomin pleaded, trying to beg Yoonhee and Lina into it. 

 

“She’ll at least get to see him.” Mihyeonjae said siding with her daughter. “What the hell, it will be our first show. We don’t even know how to get into some of the others around here. We probably need connections or something.”

 

“Maybe, but we saw a poster! So this could be easier to get in compared to Inkigayo or Music Bank.” Soomin concluded. 

 

“So majority wins! We’re going to see them live! XD” Mirim said making a decision for the group, then sat back happily. 

 

It was now Soomin’s turn to have a fangirl moment. “OMG I GET TO SEE LEE TAEMIN IN THE FLESH. HALP I CAN’T BREATH.”

The girls started laughing at her, and started teasing her with the countless things that could happen once they get to the recording.
The ideas reached from Taemin being super sweet, to being scared of her.

 

“YA THAT’S NOT FUNNY.” She shouted. “I won’t even be able to breath in front of him! There is no way I’ll be able to talk to him!”  

 

 

After spending the rest of their time at the coffee shop talking about their schools, their soon to be schedules, and more of their crazy ideas to getting with their biases, the girls went home first before heading to the theater where the recording of Immortal Song was. 

 

After standing for an hour or two and finding their seats in the small theater, Soomin’s heart would not stop trying to beat out of her chest.
The thought of seeing Taemin in person was something that she always dreamed about, but never fully grasped. 

Soomin grabbed onto Mirim tight “Unnie….I don’t think I can do this..” she said with a shaky voice.

 

Mirim patted her dongsaeng’s head. “You’ll make it through this. Just enjoy the show. You know this is gonna be better than watching him on TV.”

 

“…then I’ll become addicted to it..”

 

“Ya..don’t. Haha, then you will just end up like the girl from Answer Me 1997.”

 

The audience then got quiet when the lights in the theater dimmed.
A second later, spot lights behind the audience turned towards the stage as the MC of the show was highlighted behind the podium. 

 

“Annyeonghaseyo Dongyup imnida.~” the MC smiled, politely bowing while the audience clapped. “Today we have a very exciting show for you! We will be reminiscing with some of you’re favorite artist singing with what you voted as their best performances when they were on this stage!” 

 

The crowed responded with a louder more exciting applause at the thought of seeing some of the popular idols again.  

 

“Ye, ye” Dongyup said as he was waiting for the crowd to calm down. He then pulled a small cloth off a stand and reviled a bowl with some yellow balls inside. “Now for us to draw who will be the first to take the stage..” he trailed off suspensefully. 

 

 

“OMYGODMYGODOMYGAWD” Soomin’s mind was racing. She still can’t even to begin     to accept the fact that she will see her number one bias.
The boy she fell in love at first sight with. She has been a Shawol since SHINee’s beginning. Learning and growing up along with the boys. 

Listening to their songs non-stop to the point to where her mom finally came to love the Korean boy group instead of loathe them. 

 

Attention back to Dongyup, he finally had chosen a ball and opened it without showing the audience. “Ah~ this idol..his stage presents is wonderful. Easily showing his emotions though singing with a strong voice.” he praised.
The MC then slowly turned the half ball towards the crowd. “Hongki and FT Island! And you voted for them to sing I’ll Love Everything!” (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0KOyi9nrOI)

 

Parts of the crowd started to go crazy with the reviling. The monitors that were behind the stage started to play a montage of when FT Island came to Immortal Song to sing this song the first time. Even showing the compliments they got from the artist they had got up against originally.
After the short video, out came the band to take the stage.
The old/young mixed audience applauded loudly upon seeing their return.
Even the girls applauded the band out of excitement of seeing them living and in front of them for the first time. 

 

“Oh it’s Jeremy!” Yoonhee said happy, remembering Hongki’s face as his character from  the drama, He’s Beautiful. 

 

“Wah~ I never thought he’d be this beautiful in person.” Mirim said amazed as her eyes never left the singer. “EeEEK! MINHWAN-AH~!!!” she suddenly screamed when she laid eyes on the drummer. 

 

“Wow..those two guitarist..” Mihyeonjae’s jaw dropped noticing Jonghyun and Seunghyun. 

 

“They are beautiful~” Lina sang in response. 

 

The show continued as Hongki introduced himself and the band, before getting into their  positions to start the emotion filled song.
Almost as a repeat of the first time, FT Island played their version of I’ll Love Everything, as heavy as ever. None of the members of FT Island shying away from the intense stage presence need. Hongki sang with perfect pitch as each belting note passed. 

When their song came to an end the band was showered with a loud applause once again.
They seemed to have made the song even better since the first time.


As the rest of the show carried on, a few more artist were called to the stage at random, and the girls enjoyed each one. 

Ailee, Lyn, and Ali all put on a show, and each seemed to do better than the first time. At least with what they could compare to their montages. 

When the stage was empty once again, the fifth ball was picked. 

Dongyup breaks it apart and again does not show the name to the crowd.
The MC put on a large smile. “This idol gets a lot of attention. He is one of the many flower boys, a very good dancer, and..the last time he was on our stage, most remember him for his long hair.”

 

“OMG IT’S TAEMIN. IT’S TAEMIN’S TURN UNNIE!” Soomin excitedly whispered in Mirim’s ear, as her death grip on her hand tightened. 

 

Mirim just smiles at her dongsaeng and holds her hand just as tight. 

 

Dongyup then turns the name towards the audience. “Taemin-ah! And you voted him to sing Molla!” 

 

The younger part of the audience, including Soomin went crazy as they saw the montage of Lee Taemin start to run behind the stage when he sang it for the first time a few years ago.
Besides the usual screaming bloody murder for oppa that the rest of the girls around did, Soomin was now at the silent stage. Nothing was coming out of . 

Her emotions were so messed up her mind didn’t know if it wanted to burst or just break down inside from the intense feelings. All she could do was watch the video with wide eyes as her death grip on Mirim’s hand held. 

When the video came to an end, and the stage went dark for a split second, a spot light in the middle of the stage and a tall, slim figure made it’s way to the center of the stage..

 

 

“Annyeonghaseyo~ SHINee’s Taemin imnida!” he spoke into the mic with a smile and bowed to the audience.

Soomin raised her hand to in awe at the beautiful flower boy on stage. The boy that she had waited so long to see in person, was finally in front of her. 

Still on the stage, but not as a small image on the computer. He was a real living, breathing human being. 

 

Once the audience had quiet down enough he picked up his microphone again, “I’m happy to be back here at Immortal Song 2 and I just wanted to thank everyone for voting for me to come back. Kamsahamnida~” he ended politely with another ninety degree bow. 

 

The crowd gave a light applause after his little thank you, and his song gently started to fill the theater. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-S2hlGk3oY)

 

Soomin’s eyes never left him. 

 

She had no interest on anything else but the said flower boy.
Starting his verse with a soft light voice she could feel goosebumps form on her arms.
As the song progressed and his voice was becoming more confident, she started getting butterflies in her stomach.

Every little thing he did, the way his voice moved, the expressions he made as he was singing, did something to her. Even though she was 50 feet away from him, sitting in the middle of the theater.  These feelings that were connecting her to him made the illusion of her standing right in front of him. 

Almost as if this song he was singing was for her, and that they were the only two left in the room. 

When Taemin belted the beginning of his last phrase, Soomin swore that her heart stopped as long has he held that note. And as he closed the song with a shaky voice, silent tears were rolling down her cheeks.

 

A loud applause sounded throughout the theater impressed once again by how much Taemin’s voice has grown and matured, even since the first time he sang this song. 

 

“I never thought his voice was that strong..” Yoonhee admitted in a daze still clapping. 

 

“It looked like he even had a strong voice the first time he sang it too.” Lina added thinking back to the montage from before.  

 

 

When Mihyeonjae and Mirim looked towards Soomin who was sitting between them, they both just started giggling. 

She was sitting in her chair with puffy red eyes, trying her best to get a hold of herself. 

Mihyeonjae wrapped an arm around her daughter with a smile. “Haha, Soomin-ah calm down, only you would handled seeing him like this.” 

 

“It was so much at once!” She sobbed and laughed at the same time trying to wipe away her tears. She was starting to calm down now that Taemin was off the stage. 

 

“Alright, Alright” Dongyup had walked out from backstage and was back at his podium. “We still have a few more artist to make their return to the stage, so this is our little intermission. We will be having a little singing competition as tribute to the artist that are here today.”

 

“This is how this is going to work.” he started again. “The first 10 contestants to run up to this podium will be those who will compete. You are aloud to sing any debut or comeback song by the various artist here.”

 

“Oh my god, Soomin-ah! This could be your first time on stage!” Mirim exclaimed. 

 

“Unnie we haven’t even done anything yet.”

 

“Not the point! Soomin-ah, if you win or even just do well, people will want to hear more from you, remember you, and even recognize you! You need this exposure!” 

 

Soomin thought about it for a minute..

 

“Hey, and Taemin’s here, and I taught you Replay remember? Come on! What makes you think anyone here is gonna dance as they sing, and be good at it?” 

The younger finally started to understand and started to get excited.
Soomin was a Gemini. So she was confident in what she knows she’s good at. 

And that, was performing. 

Her best to perform, is her dancing. 

 

She was on the edge of her seat now. 

 

During this whole time the program was getting set up on stage for this little contest. 

“Now how about we start getting some contestants up here?” The MC noticed some people jump out of there seats to make a run for the stage. “AH! AH! On my mark! Get back there!” he laughed trolling the younger generation. 

“GO!”

 

A dozen people ran towards the stage, to line up in front of the podium. Soomin was fortunate enough to get 6th place in first 10 up there. 

 

“Wah~” Dongyup praised. “So many willing to participate~” 

The MC then walked down the line and counted the first ten out. “Ah, miyanhae the others past this young man right here have to go back to their seats.” he said to the four who had to leave.

 

As those who were bummed walked off the stage, the others who were in the ten had huge smiles on their faces. Some even nervous smiles. Soomin on the other hand was a mix of both being anxious. Every once and a while she would start bouncing around then the next minute she’ll be shy, psyching herself out. The four girls in the audience could tell, and started to laugh at her. 

 

Some of the other parts of the staff then came towards the ten pinning their number on them and escorting them all backstage, but the first one. 

Dongyup walked up to the first contestant, “For being the first one up here it looks like you are the first one to take the stage! Baksoo!” the audience started clapping for the young man on stage. “So what will you be singing?” 

Dongyup held the mic in front of the boy, “Ah..I will be singing..After Love from FT Island..” he spoke shyly. 

 

“I see! Now how would you feel if the band came to accompany you?” 

 

“Neh?” he said shocked as his semi controlled stature was starting to crumble. 

 

“FT Island come on out.~” Dongyup called happily, and just as he said, FT Island along with HongKi came running out with smiles. “You think you will be able to play for this young man here?” 

 

“Sure!” they smiled and lightly starting chatting with the 1st contestant. 

 

“Alright then~ let’s shut down the lights and start this off!” He exclaimed and walked off the stage. 

 

FT Island started off their original song and let the boy sing as the front while Hongki hyped up the crowed and also sang along with the boy.

Throughout all of the contestants each one had done the same. 

Each artist seemed to have a choice whether they wanted to sing along with the artist or just sit and watch. 

As Soomin was watching this, it made her that much more nervous. She didn't fully think about the fact that Taemin would be watching her. She was fine about the other artist and the crowd but…not him.

She didn't think she would be able to do this.

She started rethinking everything as she sat backstage, nervously fidgeting..

 

“Number 6, your up.” one of the back stage members motioned her to the side of the stage. 

 

“N-neh~” she said shyly. She couldn't back out of this now. 

“It’s just a normal performance” she tried to convince herself in her head. “Just…Taemin’s watching…and might dance with me..OMG I”M GONNA CRY.”

 

“Annyonghasehyo~!” Dongyup met Soomin in the middle of the stage. Along with an applause for her as a new contestant. 

 

“Annyonghasehyo..” she meekly bowed. Her mind still wasn’t stable so she was surprised she didn't answer him in English my accident. 

 

“So what are you out here to sing, miss?” 

 

“I’m here to sing and dance to SHINee’s Noona Nomu Yeppo..” 

 

“Wah! So you know the dance well?”

 

“Neh, I’ve been a fan since this song came out, so I know it very well..” 

 

“I see~ So would you like it if Taemin-ssi came out and danced with you?”

 

Soomin stood there speechless with her hand over . It’s happening…everything that she was dreaming of but wasn’t even sure if she’s ready for it yet was happening..

 

“I’ll take that as a yes! Taemin-ah! Come out here!” he shouted as he turned to the right of the stage, and Soomin’s gaze followed. 

Out came the flower boy she saw before, but this time was much different. 

He was finally right in front of her, and it was nothing like what she daydreamed earlier.

He towered over her with all of his 5’11 while she stood only 5’1.

He sweetly looked down at her and smiled. “Annyeong, what’s your name?” he asked politely. 

 

With her eyes wide open she gently let her hand fall. “Soomin..” she answered.

 

He smiled at her again. “Nice to meet you.” Taemin has been used to meeting fans, and watching them freak out in front of him. Seeing Soomin shy away from him, though, he found it more amusing than usual. 

 

As for Soomin that was it. A fire started to start from with in her. Her adrenaline was up. She was going to show him how well she can do this dance. 

Perhaps you can say her other side was kicking in, the other twin of the Gemini, and she wanted to be noticed by him.
But all of those nerves that she had before were gone. She was out to impress him now. 

 

“Now that they are well acquainted, let’s start the music!” the MC said and walked off the stage. 

 

Soomin held the mic she was given tight and Taemin stood a few feet away from her leaving enough space for the two to dance. 

The silence of the room rang in her ears. She knew that right in that moment when the first note of the song sounds, she’ll only be able to move and not think. 

 

As the song starts both Taemin and Soomin are pretty much in sync with each other. Taemin stuck with his usual part of Replay’s routine, while Soomin danced the part she knew the best, and that was Taemin’s part.

Every step, each movement, the only slight difference there was between the two was how hard Taemin is used to hitting each move. Soomin’s style was a little more fluid but was close to Taemin’s. 

 

As she started singing, her voice didn’t shake. There were times where she was slightly out of breath but she would push through it and make sure she would finish a phrase. The way she sang the song, was as her own, and the crowd seemed to like it. 

 

The four girls that remained at their seats were going crazy. 

They all sang along with the song, even at times tried to attempt the fan chant. 

When the other parts of the audience heard what they were trying to do, it pushed them to try it as well. 

By the chorus of the song, the girls had gotten the audience to get the fan chant going. 

 

Soomin started to smile, she even stole a glance at Taemin and saw he was smiling too. 

Every part she did Taemin would back her up. When the hard notes came, Taemin took over the dancing, until she would join in sync again. 

 

As the song came to Taemin’s usual solo part, again the two were still in sync. 

It took Taemin by surprised how well she could mimic him. 

His smile got wider as she kept up with him. 

With the song coming to and end he watched her carefully and loved everything she did with her dance. 

She had stage presence, and her singing wasn’t too bad either. He was even nice enough to take the parts she couldn’t sing. He liked how well they worked together.

 

When the song came to an end Soomin at her ending pose, she could see the girls stand up and cheer wildly for her. 

They were like the embarrassing family making too much noise, but she laughed a little before she remembered who she was next to, then started to shy away, hiding her face in her hands. 

 

Taemin noticed the loud bunch in the crowd that looked foreign and looked towards the new girl he met, putting two and two together. 

“Your friends?” he leaned in and asked quietly as their applause was still loud. 

 

“Yeah..haha” she answered too embarrassed to look towards his face. 

 

Taemin just chuckled at this strange girl. “She’s cute.” he thought, starting to smile dumbly to himself. He’s had his crushes, but never on a fan. She was one of the first that really intrigued him. Not to mention was blown away by her talent. 

 

Suddenly the MC made his way to the stage as the applause calmed down. “Impressive! What do you guys think?” he asked for the crowds opinion who showed some sort of like for Soomin. “Now how about we bring out number 7? Thank you Taemin-ah and contestant number 6!” 

 

As the two made their way backstage, Taemin was right on her heel. He could feel himself slightly starting to sweat when he didn’t even break much of a sweat on stage. He was debating with himself if he wanted to say something to her or not. “What if I don’t see her again!?” he started to freak like a girl, biting his lip trying to decide. 

 

“…Soomin-ah!” he called for her before she could hide herself somewhere backstage. Once he saw her look towards him he started talking again. “Y-you did a really good job out there. Have you thought about..auditioning anywhere?” he asked starting to innocently scratch the back of his head.

 

“Uh thanks…and yeah I have.. I’ve auditioned for SM a few times already…” she admitted embarrassed even more. “Wait he remembered my name?!” she yelled in her head, her face starting to grow red.

 

“Ahh really? Well…don’t give up okay? It would be nice to see you next to some idols..” she started to see a slight pink tint on his cheeks. 

 

“WHAT THE IS HE ACTUALLY BLUSHING RIGHT NOW?!” Soomin could swear she was dreaming. This conversation was something she never thought would come up between them. She was fangirling so hard inside seeing him be his usual bashful, lost self when he is off stage. 

 

“Don’t worry,” she answered him with a smile, building up some confidence. “Hopefully I’ll get to stand next to you again. Maybe even dance with you again..” 

 

Taemin shyly smiled, and walked away like that. “I hope she thinks I’m cool!” he said practically squealing to himself like a dork. Thinking that walking away without a goodbye or just another word made him cool. 

 

“He’s so cool~” she groaned collapsing onto the floor. “AIR. I NEED AIR.” she called in English reaching for the sky. Some of the people backstage started to look at her funny. Others even laughing as she had her derpy fangirl moment.