Picnic Preperation

Block B's Big Road Trip Flop [hiatus]

"What now?" Jihoon asked as he sat on the RV's "dinner table", a tiny foldable plastic lawn table.

"I dunno," Jiho was in a half-trance, busy staring observing Kyung. Kyung was attempting to eat a bowl of rice upside down with chopsticks and failing miserably. 

"Why don't we have a picnic somewhere? I'm on the outskirts of New Orleans anyways, we can swing by a grocery store, grab some food and head outside and make the best of the nice weather." Jaehyo smiled cheerily, having gotten all twelve hours of sleep he needed. 

"Come on yoshi! Come on you damn dino thing! WHAT?! NOOOOOOOO!" Minhyuk screamed at his DS, flinging it across the RV.  

"And that's why you don't have a girlfriend." Taeil remarked, hugging his now-empty fishtank lovingly. 

"Girlfriend? SUNHYE NO!" Yukwon and Minhyuk both burst into tears on remembering their girlfriends (or non-existent girlfriend in Minhyuk's case). 

"You aren't much better, Taeil. You're snuggling with a fishtank." Kyung commented, now rightside up. Jiho left to use the restroom. 

"You always complain about not having a girlfriend on Twitter." Jihoon pointed out, defending his fish-loving hyung. 

"True. But laughing at Jiho staring at my 24/7 is the next best thing." Kyung smiled, throwing goldfish snack crackers into Taeil's empty fishtank. 

"Jiho just doesn't know how to hit on the men he likes. By the way, where is Jiho?" Jaehyo asked, exiting the highway. Just then the entire band (sobbing dancers included) heard a particularly loud thunk. 

"I told him the bathroom was the second door on the right. But did he listen? Nooo." Kyung sighed, shaking his head as he chucked the last goldfish into Taeil's waterless fishtank. 

"What do you mean by that?" Jaehyo swerved, parking the RV on the side of the road. 

"Jiho fell off the RV. I told him the third door was on the exit but he never listened. Don't worry, he probably only suffered minor head trauma, his skull's really thick." Kyung smiled, exiting the RV to examine the carnage. 

"WHAT?!" Taeil ran off the RV, the rest of his derpy bandmates following him. 

"Are you ok?" Jihoon asked, looking at Jiho with very concerned eyes. 

"Lets go to the hospital." Jaehyo sighed, and for the second time that road trip Jiho had to be examined by a doctor. 

----

"Precooked bacon, lettuce and bread." Minhyuk read off the grocery list. 

"How are we going to find anything? Everything is in English!" Yukwon wailed, flinging himself across a bread stand. 

"I think you know what lettuce looks like. Besides, it can't be that hard to read the word precooked." Minhyuk smiled, picking up a bag of bread.

 

"Oh look, I see lettuce!" Yukwon beamed, his mood immediately changed. He skipped off to pick a head of lettuce. 

"Sweet," Minhyuk whistled "I see the bacon too. It's like we're in a sandwich making area." 

"Is that really the best metaphor you could come up with?" Yukwon sighed, cuddling his newfound love, lettuce. 

"Words were never my strong suit. Now, which one says precooked?" Minhyuk stared at the bacon, unable to read any of the words on the packaging. 

"Eenie meenie mianie mo! That one!" Yukwon grinned, pointing to a large pack of bacon labeled "Uncooked plain bacon". 

"Ok, let's go meet up with the others now." Minhyuk smiled, unknowingly grabbing the wrong bacon. 

----

"We need watermelon, mustard and mayo." Kyung grinned, jumping over an awkwardly placed cardboard cutout of the store's mascot, which oddly resembled Sarah Pailin. 

"Condiments are in that isle!" Jiho felt proud, being able to read a sign by a nearby isle. 

"Jiho, that says condoms. Condiments are on isle twelve." Kyung grinned, laughing a little and dragging the dejected Jiho to the condiment isle. Kyung was able to identify the mustard quickly and was already off to the watermelon in no time. 

"What 'bout this one?" Jiho held up a huge watermelon. Kyung tapped on it and smiled. 

"It sounds hollow-- just like Jihoon's head! That means it's good to eat." Kyung picked up the hefty watermelon. "Oh crap, we forgot the mayo."

"I already have mayo." Jiho smiled, pulling a bottle of mayo from his jacket. 

"Now that," Kyung stared disgusted at the offending mayonnaise. "that is disgusting."

----

"We jut need to grab a big bottle of soda and some napkins." Jaehyo read from the list as he, Taeil and Jihoon headed off in the direction of the soda. 

"Let's get coke!" Jihoon cheered loudly in Korean. 

"We are not buying !" Jaehyo replied equally as loud, if not louder. He picked up a large bottle of sprite instead as Taeil went off to find some napkins. 

"Well we aren't going to drink fairies!" Jihoon roared, picking up the Dr. Pepper. 

"But we can't drink doctors!" Jaehyo yelled crazily. Just then one of the store workers walked in. 

"Is everything ok?" The store lady asked the two men. 

"Yeah. Fine." Jaehyo replied in clear English. There were pros to hanging around Kyung. 

"Lets just get pepsi." Jihoon smiled, holding out his hand in a peace offering. 

"I hope you're kidding." Jaehyo picked up Big Red instead. 

----

"Sandwich picnic time!" Kyung yelled, running outside of the RV. He returned seconds later, looking like a pissed off cat as he walked back indoors soaking wet. 

"Indoor picnic?" Jaehyo offered. 

----

 Authors Note

 Short chapter because I'm sleepy, lazy and uninspired. Anyways, thanks for reading this (I'm slowly falling asleep as I type). Comments, subscribing and upvoting are all deeply loved. 

 

Adios