Chapter six!

Homerun to SMT International School

Nayeon let her tears fall freely onto the ground as she sobbed uncontrollably. There were so many things that stressed her out and pressured her she thought she would blow up from all that. There were so many things running through her mind: The league which was just around the corner, her upcoming exams which would contribute up to 40% of her final year results, and obviously Gina would be at the top of her list of worries. Nayeon was very clear about what Gina is capable of.

 

Leaning against the wall, Nayeon squeezed her eyes shut as she took deep breaths to calm herself down. She fished her trusty ipod out of her pocket and blasted music through her earphones in an attempt to drown out the negative thoughts in her mind. A minute into the second song, she thought she heard someone screaming her name but ignored it thinking that it was just her being crazy. That’s when she felt a hard push on her right arm causing her eyes to flutter open and before she knew it, she lost her balance and crippled onto the floor. “Who the hell…” Nayeon grunted and looked up only to see…

 

“How dare you ignore me? Seeing that you are alone now why not we settle our scores right now before your friends come and poke their noses into our business? I think this is fair enough.” Gina smirked. It’s not that Nayeon saw how it was “fair” since she had her six followers trotting behind her, just that she was too tired to retaliate and besides, she always wanted Gina to cut her crap and leave her alone.

 

“Fine. Do what you want and then leave me and my friends alone forever. Got it?” Nayeon said, standing up to Gina like she never did before.

 

“I see you are pretty straightforward about this, I like it this way.”

 

“So what do you want me to do?”

 

“You see, this was the pair of boots coach specially gave to Gina when she became the captain of the team,” Sandra, Gina’s number one best friend, said, holding up a pair of neon orange and green nike boots with sharp metal studs.

 

“And just because of your stupid action, she will no longer be able to use them anymore” Alice sang.

“So today you will have the honor of seeing her use them for the last time ” Delia continued.

“On YOU.” Sandra finished off the taunt, passing the pair of almost-new boots to Gina. They were so ‘fluent’ when delivering their threat, speaking one after another. It was almost as if they practiced their lines before coming.
 

Nayeon was afraid. She wanted to scream for help. She hoped Crystal could be here to save her from these hooligans like in some of her previous incidents, but however much she hoped that things wouldn’t turn nasty, she knew that this time around there was no way she could escape from this.

As if Gina could read her mind, her rough hands tugged onto Nayeon’s hair and she leaned closer to Nayeon’s face.

“If I can’t continue the sport, what makes you think you have the right to continue it? And furthermore enjoy the glory of being a captain which I have never been able to possess?”

 

“Gina, you were the one-”   

“Aish cut the crap! No one is here to listen to your grandmother stories.” Sandra yakked even though it was hardly her business.

 

Before Nayeon knew it, Sandra and Alice pressed her shoulder down with force such that Nayeon ended collapsing on the floor, and Delia held her right hand firm on the floor. “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING.” Nayeon screamed unaware of the situation, struggling to break free.

 

“Don’t you get it? I’m returning you the favour,” Gina whispered as she rested her right foot on Nayeon’s hand. “Only twice as bad.” With full force, Gina stepped on Nayeon’s hand with all her might causing Nayeon to scream in pain as she felt the metal studs poke through her skin into her flesh and blood flowing from the wounds after Gina lifted her leg.

 

At the same time, her scream as also alerted the boys who were looking for her just around the corner. “That sounds a lot like…”Chanyeol started.

 

“Its hippo!” Xiumin exclaimed, some habits can’t be changed.

 

“There we go! Now, just try feeling the anger and the pain I’ve experienced last year. Enjoy!” Gina and her friends turned to leave, leaving Nayeon alone whimpering from the pain holding onto the bleeding palm that had turned numb by then. As she walked away she left a trail of fresh blood from her stained boots. Just when they turned round the bend, they were knocked down by the anxious guys who were worried sick about Nayeon. Baekhyun was probably the only one who bothered apologising while the rest just picked themselves up and rushed towards Nayeon lying limp around the corner where Gina left her.

 

Author's note:

YAY^^ Great thanks to my Beta who helped me with my phrasing and expressions! <3