Chapter fifteen!

Homerun to SMT International School

The month passed quickly and August came in the flash of an eye. It was the day for them to collect their results. As excited as all of them were, most were afraid of the results that would determine their future or rather, where they would be going to. After which would be a long break till January the next year before their school started.

-Release of results-

“Hello mum, yes, I did very well and I’m offered a degree in the most prestigious University in Korea!” a girl walking past Nayeon shouted into the phone. Nayeon felt her fingers intertwine and turn cold like ice naturally as they always do when she is nervous.

“Nayeon.” Mr. Kim called out. It’s her turn to receive her results. Although she wasn’t the smartest of students, she was hoping for the best as she did her best and studied doubly hard. She was also, prepared for the worst. With two boxes of tissue paper in front on the desk, Mr. Kim looked into Nayeon’s eyes and asked, “How do you think you did?”

“I don’t… I don’t know Mr. Kim. Actually I…”

“It’s okay Nayeon, say no more.” Mr. Kim pulled two tissues out of the box

“Ohno that doesn’t look too optimistic” Nayeon thought to herself.

“I am really proud of you Nayeon! Say hello to your bright future.” Mr. Kim handed her her report card. On it was none other than A’s, A’s and more A’s. Nayeon herself was proud. Being able to go to the best University would mean the world to her and her family.

 

-Meanwhile at the baseball basement-

 

“How did you guys do?” Baekhyun asked all of them.

Turns out that all of them had had attained great results and passed with flying colors.  

“One, two three four…” Chen counted aloud.

“Where’s Hippo?” Xiumin blurted out. They all wore worried faces, knowing that Nayeon was the only one in the team who may not make it to University, not forgetting that so many things cropped up before the Exam.

“I’ll go look for her.” Luhan looked up from his report card.

“I don’t think so…” Kris replied as he pointed towards Nayeon who was walking towards the basement.

“How did you do?” Chen asked softly, just in case she didn’t do well.

Looking at how cute Chen was when he is being concerned, Nayeon decide to play along. “Sighh… I uhmm...”

“HA. You probably did damn well right?” Sehun burst out laughing. Suho stared daggers at him like as if Sehun did not know what was appropriate to say.

“AY WHY DID YOU SPOIL MY ACT” Nayeon burst out laughing.

“Wait what? You looked so crushed I thought you failed.” Chen looked ridiculously at Sehun and Nayeon Hi-Fiving each other.

“That means we can all be together in University again! My god this is the best news on earth!” Soomin hugged Kyungsoo.

“Yes, but now, torture training will start for the league afterall the league is around the corner (in a month). Rest well today, I will see you guys tomorrow for training at 8. The National coach will be coming down so be punctual.” Kris said as he rests his arm on Lisa’s shoulder.

“Oh, and Nayeon ah, will you help inform the outcast about training tomorrow. You know, in case. I won’t have her spoil the team image on or first meeting with the coach and our sponsors.” Kris added.

“Would you be nice, she has a name dude. Sure, I’ll do it.”

Nayeon almost forgot about the newest addition to their family. Almost.