One Minute

Precious (DISCONTINUED)

sj-350.jpg

“Appa, can we get a dog?”

Ryeowook knew at some point of his life he was going to have to face this. Ryden sat next to him on the couch while he stared up at his father, his eyes glittering with so much hope. Ryeowook ran his finger through the boy’s dark brown hair, sighing.

“Honey, we already have a pet, remember?” Ryeowook tried reasoning.

“But…” Ryden blinked. “The turtles don’t even move, appa.”

Ryeowook giggled. “They do, baby. You just have to keep your eyes on them more than 1 minute.”

“Appa, in one minute, a dog can already chase it’s tail.”

“Do you even know how long one minute is?” Ryeowook asked.

Ryden pouted and folded his arms. “Hhhhmpffhh.”

“But seriously, Ryden, you’ve got Heebum, Bangshin, Ttangkoma, Ttangkoming, Ttangkomaeng, Kkoming, Choco.” Ryeowook thought back. “Do you really want a dog? The last time Kiara held Choco, she almost squished it to death and Kiara stills think that Heebum and Bangshin's tails are removeable. Remember how she tried to pull out their tails the last time?”

“I won’t let Kiara touch Pororo, I promise.” Ryden held up a hand. “Promise promise promise.”

“You already named it?”

“Deh.” Ryden nodded excitedly.

Ryeowook laughed shaking his head. Two years ago, Ryden was excited to name his baby sister Pororo and now he wanted a dog named Pororo. This kid was impossible, wasn’t he?

“Appa, where’s Kyu appa and baby K?” Ryden looked around, suddenly noticing that the other two family members were not in.

“Next door actually.” Ryeowook told him. “Do you want to join them?”

“Why aren’t you with them, appa?”

“I’m tired.” Ryeowook sighed and then softly rested his head on Ryden’s thighs. “Appa wants to go to sleep.”

Ryden giggled and shook his legs making Ryeowook’s head move. “Appa, your hair is ticklish!”

Ryeowook laughed and snuggled closer to Ryden, purposely brushing his hair against the baby’s soft skin. Ryden laughed and pushed Ryeowook away, crawling to the other side of the couch, grinning so handsomely.

“Appa, go to sleep.”

“Do you want me to send you over first?” Ryeowook asked.

“Hmm…” Ryden seemed to hesitate and then his face brightened up, he crawled back to Ryeowook and tugged on his hand. “Appa, come on. I’ll tuck you in to sleep!”

Ryeowook laughed and followed his son, allowing himself to get dragged. Ryden excitedly jumped to the master bedroom and ordered Ryeowook to get under the blankets. Ryeowook was too tired to do anything so he just followed the order anyway, getting under the blanket. Ryden climbed on the bed and pulled the blanket up to Ryeowook’s lips.

“Stay here, alright appa?” Ryden smiled and them climbed down the bed.

“Where are you going??” Ryeowook sighed when Ryden ignored him and continued skipping out of the room. “Be careful, Ryden ah!”

There was silence after that and Ryeowook kept his ears open, in case his son needed his help or got injured. Ryeowook broke into a grin when he heard Ryden singing to Mr Simple, some of the lyrics wrongly pronounced making the whole song turn into something way different. Ryden came back awhile later, grinning.

“Appa! Here you go!”

Ryden handed Ryeowook’s one of Ryden’s animal biscuits he loved so much and a bottle of orange juice. Ryden climbed onto the bed and sat next to Ryeowook, tearing the biscuit packet aside. Ryeowook smiled, touched by his son, and sat up, resting against the headboard. Truthfully, all he wanted to do was wait for Ryden to get up from his nap, send him next door and go back home to get some sleep after working so much but now… It looked like his son had a plan of his own for Ryeowook.

“You must be hungry!” Ryden said.

No, actually, Ryeowook already had dinner with the other Sukira staffs but Ryeowook nodded anyway, just to please his son who looked so proud of himself taking care of his appa.

“I’m so hungryyy.” Ryeowook whined fakely.

“Omo, have you not been eating well?” Oh? The tone of it was awkward but somehow familiar.

Ryeowook laughed when he realized what Ryden was trying to do, or rather, who he was pretending to be. Leeteuk! No wonder, Ryden had been acting and talking weird. He was pretending to be Leeteuk. Aish, this kid. Forever the adorable baby. Ryden took out one biscuit and looked at it.

“Oh! It’s an elephanny!” Ryden showed Ryeowook. “Open up, appa, the elephannny wants to go in your mouth now! Ahhhh.”

Ryeowook laughed. Leeteuk would always feed Ryden and Kiara just like that. Pretending to be the animal going into their mouths. Now, Ryden was doing exactly the same thing to Ryeowook. Ryeowook laughed and entertained his son, his exhaustion suddenly gone.

“Can I have a giraffe now, Ryden?” Ryeowook made a puppy dog face.

“Noooo! Not the puppy dog face!” Ryden pretended to close his eyes just like how Leeteuk would always do.

“Alright, alright, I’ll find you a giraffe one geez. You kids are just like father nowadays.”

___________________________________________

New Ryeowook-centered angst/sad fic by me, please do check it out!! :) 

If I Die Young - http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/689217/if-i-die-young-angst-illness-ryeowook-supejunior