Poem

High School Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Okay, you forget one tiny detail about that guy Choi Minho and Yoona.”  Said Yuri at lunch time.

“What?” asked Hyoyeon.

“Well, I just saw them kissing.” Said Yuri again.

“Oh, yes. I forgot. Well, they’re a couple.” Said Hyoyeon.

“Oh really? And what about Sooyoung?” asked Yuri again. “Isn’t Sooyoung hate Yoona because of that guy, what’s his name again?”

“Siwon.”

“Righ, Siwon.” Said Yuri then exhales. “Minho is Sooyoung’s twin brother right? Doesn’t she hate the fact that Minho and Yoona are dating?”

“Actually, Sooyoung and Minho’s relationship as twins, not really working out. I mean Sooyoung is jealous because of Minho.” Said Hyoyeon. “Minho always become the pride of their family, because he’s really good at sports. And Sooyoung? Well she’s only good at cheerleading and can’t control .”

“Oh, I see.” Said Yuri again. “But I think she could be a famous designer just by seeing how she dressed up.”

“Yup. And that’s why, Sooyoung didn’t really care if Minho and Yoona are dating or not.” Said Hyoyeon again. “I mean, have you ever see Sooyoung and Minho sit at the same table?”

Yuri shook her head. “Sooyoung only sits with Luhan and Kai, or maybe sometimes with her cheerleading squad.” Yuri exhales again. “So, Minho and Yoona are dating?”

“Why, Yuri?” asked Hyoyeon with a curious looks. “Are you jealous?”

“What?” Yuri scoffs. “No!” Hyoyeon raised her eyebrows. “No, Hyoyeon, I’m not jealous.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes!”

“Well, that’s odd. I mean all the girls in this school, including me, had big crush on him once.” Said Hyoyeon. “Well, except Sooyoung of course, because she was his twin sister. But you?” Hyoyeon then pull herself away from Yuri. “Are you a lesbian?”

Yuri widened her eyes. “No!” she hit Hyoyeon’s arm a little.

Hyoyeon chuckles. “Hahaha. Sorry. I’m joking, I’m joking.”

Then suddenly, the guy that Yuri met at the library, Yesung, approaching both of them.

“Hey, Hyoyeon. This is the poetry that you asked.” He said then give Hyoyeon a piece of paper.

“Oh, you write poem too?” asked Yuri to Yesung.

Yesung then looked at Yuri. He chuckles. “Well, I like literature.”

“Really?”

“Hmmm.”

“I like Caedmon!” Yuri starting to get excited. “From Old English Literature.”

“Caedmon’s Hymn.

            Nu scylun hergan hefaenricaes uard

            metudæs maecti end his modgidanc

uerc uuldurfadur sue he uundra gihuaes

eci dryctin or astelidæ

he aerist scop aelda barnum

heben til hrofe haleg scepen.

tha middungeard moncynnæs uard

eci dryctin æfter tiadæ

firum foldu frea allmectig” Yesung then read the nine-lines poem.

 

“Now let us praise the Guardian of the Kingdom of Heaven

the might of the Creator and the thought of his mind,

the work of the glorious Father, how He, the eternal Lord

established the beginning of every wonder.

For the sons of men, He, the Holy Creator

first made heaven as a roof, then the

Keeper of mankin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter