[YUNJI] Chapter 7

Change Your Mind

“Too bad, get used to it.”
 

“I can't! It's not like yourself anymore... You're different tonight.”
 

“Well, sweetie, I don't know with you but you can like it.”


“W-What!? Sehun, are you freaking drunk!?”


“Heh, I just feel good.” And the line went dead.


Why on earth he would hang up on me? He's making me confused!

 

“Ugh!” I groaned on my pillow and threw it on the wall. “Stupid pabo...”

 

“Yunji, everything alright?” Minwoo barged in the room softly. “Do you need anything?”

 

I gave a light laugh and stared at the window. Yes, Minwoo. I need a roll of duct tape to tape Oh Sehun on the wall and scream at him. “Oh it's nothing...”

 

“Are you on your red river?” He asked.

 

“I finished today.” I muttered as he lightly laughed. “What's so funny?”

 

He knew my period cycles were strange, as they tend to appear out of nowhere. I knew they cannot ever be on schedule, just like me.

“I'm just glad to see you again.” He said with a small smile on his face as he sat down on the end of my bed. Why do you have to be so good-looking…. “It’s been too long, Yunji…”

“I know,” I answered, “but what are you going to do while your parents work? Dongnam is still out at Orlando and you can’t be at home forever.”

“Well, I would like to keep my surprise to you, but you are just that impatient.” He responds.

“You didn’t answer my question.”

“I kinda did,” Minwoo started to play with the blanket. “and I’m still in school.”

“Yeah, but where?”

“Near Yongsan Station. From there, it’s about a five-minute walk to my new school.”

I have to get off that station and walk about five minutes to school. Wait a minute…

“Minwoo, you’re going to my school!?” I exclaimed quietly. He flashed a bright smile and nodded. “Do you know what class you are in!?”

“Woah, girl, slow down!” Minwoo threw the pillow at me. “Don’t get too excited. I don’t know just yet. On Monday, I will find out.”

I fell down on the bed and gave him a thumbs-up. “Okay…”

“Go to sleep.” He hits me with the pillow lightly as I took it away from him. “I never seen you so happy…”

“I know, Jungie…” I covered myself with the blanket. “Night…”

I imagined his face flushing in red while closing the door behind him and mumbling a good night back.


Why do I feel so happy?


 


A poke on the face woke me up, screaming:

“What do you want- Nayoung what are you doing here?” I rubbed my eyes and I looked at her. Beside her was Miyun. “Miyun?”

“You finally woken up, sleepyhead,” Miyun pulled me out from my bed and helped me get on my feet. “We just need to talk to you about something.”

“Okay? Hey! No need to pull me– OUCH!” I whined as Miyun used her strong arm to drag me out from my room. We all stumble downstairs and head into the kitchen. Grandma Joo was preparing a simple breakfast.

“What is it?” I asked, after fixing my bed hair.

“Nayoung forgotten to tell you that I'm transferring in your class.” Miyun replied.

“How is that important?”

“Not only we have two new students coming soon, but the school announced that there will be exchange students coming as well.” Nayoung answered, handing me a notebook. “In there are the exchange students who will be following you around for a day.”

“Excuse me?”

“Don't excuse me,” Miyun snorted. “I have kids following me too. A couple of the eleventh graders are being followed too. The kids are just in Grade 9.”

“Okay, but why is Miyun transferring?”

“I don't know.” She shrugged.

“Anyway, where are the exchange students from?” I asked, curious.

“There are 18 exchange students coming from six continents. Three per continent.” Nayoung said.

“So formal.”

“I know, it's weird,” Nayoung gave a small laugh. “I think you have a student from Canada, England, and Oceana.”

“That's not bad,” I opened the notebook and read the identities of the three young exchange students:


 

Sky Una

Nationality: African-Austrailian

Age: 14

Hobbies: Drawing and playing games

Fact: Younger sister of MrZarkGaming, ranked 8th for the best online-gamers in history.


 

Brenda Liu

Nationality: Chinese-Canadian

Age: 14

Hobbies: Dancing and Shopping

Fact: Known well on the internet, but hates it when people call her famous.

 

Roxanne McCallister

Nationality: British

Age: 13

Hobbies: Photography and playing the flute

Fact: People mistake her as a sixteen-year old.


 

“Wait– doesn't Baekhyun or Lay say that Brenda Liu is their senpai?” I asked. “I mean, she's quite popular in the internet along with Tiffany Hwang.”


“I think that's Jaejoong– no wait...” Miyun paused, and thought. “I realized Jaejoong is in college, but he does admire Brenda for her dancing. I guess it's Lay who says Brenda is his senpai.” I am sorry but who the hell is Jaejoong?


“Why not Baek?” I asked, ignoring who Jaejoong is.


“Baek has Taeyeon Unnie.” Nayoung answered.


“Okay then...” I nodded as I grabbed a sandwich from the plate Grandma Joo prepared earlier. I munched on it as I ask another question. “How about you, Miyun?”


“I have three guys– a cocky gamer, a quiet nerd and a fanboy.”


“Haha wow.” Nayoung laughed and grabbed a sandwich.


“Let's hope Kai doesn't get all jealous. Cocky boys aren't his thing for you.” I teased.


“Shut up.”


“Sorry to bug you wonderful girls,” Grandma Joo appeared. “but Yunji-shi, have you seen that Minwoo?”


“I think he's still sleeping. His shoes are by the door.” I answered.


“Aish, he promised to help me with the rice delivery. You don't eat much rice, yes?”


I nodded. “Want me to go wake him up?”


“Nah, continue with your girl talk. It sounds important.” She shakes her head and slowly walks up the stairs alone. I turn to face back to Nayoung and Miyun, and I received two looks.


Minwoo, huh?” Miyun folded her arms and raised a brow. “Who is he?”


“Unnie, I didn't know you have a collegue in your house.”


“Nayoung, he isn't a collegue. He's my...” I trailed off and the two were expecting an answer. “friend.”


Friend?” Miyun asked.


“Childhood friend, to be exact.”


“Oh, so here we play the story of how childhood friends fall in love.” Miyun began, until I slapped her arm.


“N-No! Me and him are just really good friends! He just came back yesterday!” I was flustered.


“You were probably jumping up and down when you saw him.” Nayoung snickered.


“I-It's not that! I didn't see him until 11pm last night!”


“Huh?” Miyun and Nayoung asked.


“Originally, I was suppose to see him around 8pm last night, but then I suddenly had gotten a high fever after eating dinner with Sehun–”


SEHUN!?” Miyun exclaimed.


“Whatever! I give up.” I rubbed my temples and sighed heavily. “You guys are making me confused.”


“I think everyone in here is confused.” Nayoung laughed. “Sehun tricked Yunji into having dinner with him last night after the Jiyun/Luhan kiss incident.”


“Makes sense–speaking of which, did you guys have gotten in touch with Jiyun?” Miyun asked.


“No. She probably is still thinking about the whole thing.” Nayoung said. “Wait– Brenda Liu doesn't like it when people say she's famous?”


“Guess so, I mean she only runs a nice pink blog and probably does other things. Brenda's like everyone else: she likes sleeping and eating.” I answered. “I know that she has a small hate club in our school.”I kinda regret knowing that piece of information.


“Who is stupid enough to actually hate her? Why, is it cause she's blonde now and they say she's trying to be American?” Miyun spat.“For crying out loud, Jiyun has reddish hair and she isn't trying to be a ginger. Tao, Kris, Key, Mr. Lau, Hyoyeon and myself are blonde and we are not trying to be white. Sehun has like, what, white hair or something? Even Ryeowook has blue hair!”


“People lately,” Nayoung muttered, “are so idiotic sometimes. They think that when someone changes their appearance, they're trying to be black, white– any race. They even think that those who change so suddenly are trying to be fake. People sometimes need a change in their life– to forget the deadly memories that can ruin their lives or just want to restart all over again. Even sometimes, people just want to change their look for fun. People need to be empathetic sometimes and walk a mile in their shoes before judging them so hard.”


Miyun and I just stood there, speechless about Nayoung's words. Nayoung is a good writer and only writes short stories, but this shows that she has a lot in her mind. Can you tell us what is going on in your mind? I always wanted to ask her that question. But I'm a wimp, and I hate asking questions like that.


“Dang.” Miyun coughed. “Since when you talk like that?”


Nayoung just shrugged.





 

A/N:

Nayoung, what happened? Are you okay?

It's better if I left it like that or continuing the chapter would probably wont make any sense -_-

I also know that I didn't properly introduce Minwoo well....

hey guys! Here is a short Chapter 7! I hope you guys enjoyed it~
Im sorry i bet none of you missed me  last week was so hectic that I didn't updated.
This week I can't update again due to a final part 1 on monday

bUT I WILL BE BACK

OH! I hope y'all enjoyed EXO's Overdose! Call Dr. Suho if you need assistance XD

So see you all soon!