[SEHUN] Chapter 4

Change Your Mind

More work threw me in the dungeon of confusing worksheets.

 

Since Mr. Cho's arrival, my class and I have not just been running around from the four corners of the large school, but all of the subjects are stacking us work, for upcoming progress reports. From dissecting a frog to conditioning for football to Baekhyun losing his voice due to singing a few notes higher than he usually hits, it was the worst.

 

Chanyeol even admitted that his abs gotten more defined, which no one really needed to know.

 

It's been like that for the past two weeks, and everyday, when we go back to the music room, at least one of us will faint. Lucky for us, we at least revive ourselves in 30 seconds stat.

 

It became more worse when we had to stay until 8:30 of the night to do some work for the drama play.

 

“I'm so tired,” Chen yawned, his skin looking a bit pale and his dark circles darkening. “I can't even tie my shoes.” He took a few steps after putting a box away, but tripped. “Stupid sneakers.”

 

“More like stupid progress reports coming in,” Jiyun said in a mournful voice. “Too much homework.”

 

“The others get less work than we do, WHAT IS THIS SORCERY?” Lay groaned as he finished wrapping something.

 

“We're expected to keep our ranks, that is the sorcery.” I answer numbly.

 

“Can't we just stay here and sleep?” Mayumi yawned. “I brought a set of clothes for tomorrow just for this.”

 

“I would love to do that,” Miyun pressed buttons on a calculator, then wrote something down. “But I didn't think like you, kid.”

 

“There's a small clothes shop by that street rice cake place,” Yunji said, lying on the long row boxes. “Thank you Miyun, for your help. It makes life easier.”

 

“Nah, it's me. I'm not like you all.” She answered. “I'm not ever sporty or so a composer.”

 

“But you do Badminton.” I said. “Hell, you are the number #1 player in the city champs last year.”

 

“That's just badminton. I don't do anything else other than the yearbook club.”

 

“Anyone want Starbucks?” Kai popped into question, coming in with four trays of drinks. “I got them from the new branch near here.”

 

“WHERE?” Miyun bolted to him, searching for a drink. Kai shook his head at her as he handed Chanyeol and Chen fraps.

 

“Sorry, Miyun,” He said. “I didn't get one for you. I want to test how far you go without it.”

 

“Aww dammit!” Miyun groaned and gave him a saddened look. “Why!? Can you see I am less energized without a dose of it!?”

You are almost-shouting in the middle of night, how are you lacking energy?

 

“Babe, I want to see a whole different side of you.” He winked. “It makes you look y.”

 

“OH MY GOSH YOU TWO” Luhan and Jiyun cried. “I CANT EVEN.” They dashed out of the room with a cringing heart.

 

“Love you~” Kai kissed her nose and went off to give the rest of the drinks.

 

“Okay then...” I mumbled and finished painting the backdrop for the 'studio'. “Oh my freaking- this looks so bad.” It looks like a six year old painting. “Ugh, I have to do it again, for the eight time.”

 

Yunji's chortle ringed my ears. “You don't have to re do it.” She came up, looked at it and grabbed my paintbrush. “Eh, doesn't look too bad. Let's paint everything white, for now.”

 

I rolled my eyes and groaned. “I did that eight times. I don't want to do that again!”

 

“Fine,” She flipped the backdrop around. “Let's leave it like this, so you don't have to paint it again.”

 

“Now what?”

 

“What's your concept?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Concept,” Yunji repeated. “To create a symbol that represents the studio, not just making it a wall.”

 

“I personally don't know what the concept is.”

 

Maybe Mr. Cho assigned me what to do with it, but I blanked out on his lectures.

 

“Explains why you painted like a six year old.” She smiled sneakily. How cute of you.

 

“It must have some history, to make it look like a dance studio. An art wall on a dance studio makes its character more appealing than being a plain thing.” She continued as Yunji grabbed three more paint cans from the far corner. “It will make it look nice–”

 

“Yunji!” I shout, grabbing her hand before she dragged us on the ground. Paint flew, covered both of us. I tried to save her, but never mind.

 

“Awh fxxk!” She cursed, looking at her painted uniform. “My mom is going to kill me if she sees this!!”

 

I got both of us on your feet.

 

“It's your fault.” Yunji said.

 

“Me? My fault?” I scoffed.

 

“You were the one who needed to paint!”

 

“Says the one who said I do not hAVE TO RE DO IT, MISS.”

 

“Who assigned you to paint that backdrop?”

 

“Who assigned you to get paint in the first place?”

 

“You should have told me that there was a spill of water!”

 

“Ahem, actually, it was tea.” Kris says. “My apologies.”

 

Since when Kris started to drink tea? Tao only and forever will drink tea.

 

“Well, I thought that you saw the fxxking spill!” I continued the argument.

 

“Ugh, what the hxll is wrong with you!?”

 

I smirked. “Awh, poor baby, is she on her period?”

 

She hits me on the arm.

 

“Yunji-ah~ I know you don't act like this if you're not your period~”

 

“S-Shut up! I'm not on my period!”

 

“Mmmhmmm.” Everyone else went.

 

“Is our Hwangie complaining? Hm?” I teased. “Maybe she needs a Snickers bar. She isn't normal when she's hungry.”

 

Yunji's averted eyes matched with her flushed, rosy face.

 

“Come on now, Yunji, I know you can't listen to me but just eat something. You look really hungry.”

 

“Stop being such a idiot.”

 

“Yunji you're stomach has been growling ever since three.” I'm starting to be serious.

 

나 으르렁 으르렁 으르렁 대(I’m growling growling growling) ~” Someone's voice started to sing. “Oh sorry, I'm just writing a song with help from my godfather. ITS SO FREAKING GOOD. There should be a choreo to this!”

 

“But treat me.” She firmly demanded.

 

“You were suppose to buy me something.” I recalled that event, smiling.

 

She rolled her eyes, and went off to her locker.





 

“Miyun, thanks for taking care of my uniform.” Yunji says, brushing her damped hair.

 

“Like what I said, it's me. I have nothing really.” She answered, staring at her dirty uniform in her arms. “By the way, what is the red spot on the back of your skirt? It's not paint...”

 

“O-Oh, just, uh, take care of it okay?” She shakes her head.

 

Miyun nodded and went to the Home Ec classroom, to 'borrow' the washing machine. Yunji was attired with grey sweats and a sleeveless top that can only dress her for the night. Everyone else was lying on the floor, sitting or laying on tables, being knocked out by sleep. A couple were in their gym clothing, replacing their overnight wear as for some stayed dressed in their uniform. Mayumi, in matter of fact was only in her overnight wear.

 

“Ah gosh...” She yawned and sprawled on the gym mat. “Fxxk I'm tired.”

 

“Tired of your period?” I shook my wet fringe, watching the droplets land on the floor.

 

“Stop it on my period jokes.” She says as she wipes her hair with a towel.

 

“Really though, you have been on it for the past ten days. You were suppose to finish three days ago.”

 

“How do you even know my personal life?”

 

“It's more of,” I sat on the mat. “How you act on your menstruation and how you don't act.”

 

“Touché. But I am, tired of it.”

 

“Can I ask you something?” I scooted my , to get near her at one point. “It is not something idiotic that you would throw a cow, fifty times heavier, at me.”

 

“Okay, shoot.” Yunji says bluntly.

 

“Why do you always hit me, every time I tease you?”

 

“I don't know,” She shrugs, embracing her knees. “Habitual?”

 

“More like being a total psycho.”

 

A whack on the shin gives me a small gasp. I blast her a look.

 

“What!? You are being so flirtatious and a total alien.” She exclaimed so small. Icy wind circled in the room as it turns out a window was creaked opened.

 

“You're so cold.” I muttered. “It felt like the ice wind came by your side.”

 

“Because I'm a cold person,” She admits. “My mother is somewhat a cold person, explaining where I got it from.”

 

She always mentions about her mother, but nothing about her father. I shouldn't really care about it, but it lingered in my thoughts. Does Yunji's life story created such an impact on me?

 

Anyone has a choice. It's up to them if they want to feel this way, or act this way. No one can change. Yunji can tell me about her dad, but I know she is secretive. She can tell her friends and others anything, but maybe she slowly building up trust in me. I cannot tell, to be exact.

 

“Oh...” Was my answer. I have nothing to say, and I did not want to make it really awkward.

 

I guess I am just...

 

Physically speechless.

 

How does one simply become physically speechless?

 

“Hey...” She cooed after a worth of silence. “I may be a cold person and I can hate you. Just remember that a part of me has a liking in you.”

 

I gave a small smirk as I looked at her endearingly. I felt... Relieved. Why did I felt so relieved?

 

“The 'liking' is nowhere near love.” She added. “I mean, I can hate you if I want to. It's my choice.”

 

“So, do you hate me or like me now?”

 

“I like you, for now. Okay?” She rolled over to her side and wrapped herself with a sweater. “Go to sleep. I need it, badly.”

 

“Okay. Night.”

 

“Night...”

 

As the moonlight lit the sleeping room, the stars blinking at me and the midnight sky rushed over me, it looked very beautiful. The soft whispers of the wind soothed the patches of baby grass, and the only crackling sound of the clamorous noises from far away echoed. It was a perfect time to sleep peacefully with many others, who made small noises as they went off to dreamworld. I did not do anything, but I suddenly felt sick that Yunji likes me for now.










 


A/N:




ohoho Sehun

you hint something there, i see

tao you feel me?




haa~ i hope you enjoyed this chapter (i think its a bit bad due to dialogue and shortness :p)

but its a Sehun chapter so



HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YEHET MAKNAE~! Let's keep going and create new memories with you~! Hwaiting~! ^^

comment on your opinions/ subscribe for more!


see you soon!