Marshmallow Princess

Bulletproof Scenarios and One-Shots

“Appa... I think this is enough, don’t you?”

 

Trying to emphasize your point, you tried your best to gesture to your current outfit. With the crazy amount of winter clothing layers you currently had on, you most definitely felt like a fluffy marshmallow.

 

Not only had your father insisted on you wearing a hoodie over a sweater over a long-sleeved shirt over an undershirt in addition to your winter coat, but he also had you in thick leggings underneath the wool pants you had on that were covered up by the fuzzy pajama pants he also conned you into wearing. As if that wasn’t enough, you had on three pairs of socks, a beanie, hood, earmuffs, a scarf, and mittens over two pairs of gloves as well.

 

While you understood the need to bundle up seeing as the temperature outside your warm and cozy home was far below freezing, you thought that the whole get up you were in was just a little bit extra. And by just a little bit...you really meant excessively. Catching a glimpse of yourself in the mirror your dad kept by the door, you tried not to groan as you inwardly winced at the sight. Thankfully, the cutie in your class that you had a crush on was currently out of town, so you had been saved from being caught looking like an extra puffy marshmallow.

 

Glancing back at your father, you waited patiently as he scanned you once more from head to toe. When he finally gave you a thumbs up of approval, you couldn’t have been more excited to leave the house for the five minute walk to the pond you were meeting your friends at. However, just as your covered hand touched the doorknob, you heard your dad call you back once more.

 

“You forgot something,” he explained simply, a smile on his face and mirth dancing in his eyes.

 

Taking a deep breath to center yourself, you withheld the sigh threatened to escape your lips, instead asking him what it was that you had forgotten. You reminded yourself that even though you were no longer a child, he still had your best intentions at heart, and honestly, being bundled up the way that you were, there’d be no way you’d be catching a cold just as your one friend had recently done.

 

“Where’s my kiss?” he asked playfully acting disappointed, as if you had never learned how chop onions the correct way. (He never really did forget about the time you had tried to impress him by chopping the vegetable the same way your Uncle Namjoon did..)

 

With an incredulous laugh, you did the famous flying kiss that your father had always done since you were a kid. Instead of saying goodbye, you guys sent kisses instead.

 

“If that kiss doesn’t convince people of  just whose daughter you are, that appetite of yours will definitely give them the answer,” he said proudly, happy with how he had raised you.

 

“Appa!!!”

 
 
 
 
 

January 9, 2017
A/N: 10 Karma points go to the first subscriber who correctly
 identifies which one of the members is the father in this!