3. Bath Time

Key In My Pocket

Key sat inside the plastic wheel, his legs dangling off the side as he watched Jonghyun from the other side of the room, their eyes locked on each other in curiosity. The Chibi folded his arms as he leaned back on the wheel, waiting for Jonghyun to say something to break the awkward silence. Jonghyun leaned forward as he played with his fingers, wondering what to do with the smaller human, not being able to take his eyes off Key.

"What are you starring at shorty?" Key decided to break the silence, raising an eyebrow as Jonghyun sighed and looked away in frustration. The Chibi jumped out of the wheel, walking to the bars of the cage, pulling at them to give Jonghyun a hint. "Yah, you gotta let me out of here right now! I don't want to be here!"

Jonghyun pushed himself to his feet, walking to the table where the old hamster cage was placed. The tall male rubbed the back of his head, ruffling his dyed layered blonde hair. "That makes two of us! I can think of so many things that I could be doing instead of being stuck babysitting you!"

Key pointed up to the lock to the cage door, narrowing his eyebrows as he did so. If this stupid human didn't want him there, then what was the point in keeping him? "Let me out then! I'll go home, so I don't have to look into your ugly face again!" Key spat out, kicking the sawdust about in frustration.

Jonghyun shook his head, sighing as Key started to throw a tantrum. "I told my friends that I'd look after you until you are well enough to go home. It's not that I care about your little , it's just that I can't let my friends down." Jonghyun placed his hand on the table, leaning forward as he looked at the Chibi in more detail. Key backed away, falling over his feet in slight fear. "How are you so small?"

Key's head snapped towards the human as he sat up, brushing the sawdust off his torn clothes. "I was about to ask you the same thing small fry!" The two exchanged glares for a short while, challenging each other in a brutal stare-off.

"Let's set some terms..." Jonghyun sighed as he leaned against the table, his back now facing Key, who sat silently in curiosity. "One; I'm a student in high school still, so you need to let me study. Two; You can't try to escape, any attempts will mean I tape you to the cage, and I'm not kidding about that one. Three; When you are healed, you can go back home. Sound good so far?"

Key nodded, humming in agreement. His favorite had to be the third one so far. He couldn't wait to get out of the stupid cage. He was a human, not some creature that was meant to be a pet! "Fine. That's fine by me."

"Last term!" Jonghyun turned around, making sure to look at Key in the eyes this time. "The short jokes have to stop! I swear, if you even hint about it... Just don't ok?!" Key grinned mischievously, the urge to just say some final jokes were going to kill him. Jonghyun rolled his eyes as he noticed the Chibi's change in expression. "Fine, last 3 jokes allowed..."

Key took a large breath, his brain rapidly sorting out the best jokes he had prepared for his new owner. "You have a short temper. Do you shop in the kid's section? I thought dinosaurs were supposed to be big." Jonghyun sighed as he took every hit. Not that it was something new to him though, his friends often about his height.

"Big mouth for a small person." Jonghyun sent a counter attack, causing Key to fall back in defeat.

"I'll let you have that. But it was a cheap shot!" Key smiled as he watched Jonghyun laugh, feeling happier about his height issue. Key tried to push himself up, but stumbled to the side in slight pain.

Jonghyun's eyes widened as he noticed traces of red liquid that had dyed the sawdust where Key had just laid, instantly knowing what it was. He knew that Key was hurt, but Jonghyun wasn't expecting the poor boy to be bleeding. "Key, you ok?"

Key scrunched up his face, but nodded anyway. Not that he could fool Jonghyun, the facial expressions that he was making said it all. "N-Neh... I'm just a little sore... Please don't worry about me."

"How can I not worry? I have to look after you remember." Jonghyun quickly opened the cage door, reaching in to carefully hold Key in his hand, folding his fingers over him to make sure the Chibi didn't fall. Key grabbed onto the fingers, hugging them tightly and making Jonghyun awe at the cute action. "I can bandage you wounds, but first we should get you cleaned up. Key's eyes widened as he looked up at Jonghyun, confused by what the human was hinting at. "You need a bath!"

Key's face wiped of all colour, making the Chibi suddenly feel sick in fear. Key was fine bathing on his own, he used to collect rain water in a bottle cap and use it to clean himself, but he'd never bathed the way the humans did. All sorts of problems flashed in his mind, the biggest concern was the size of a human bath. Key was only as big of Jonghyun's hand, so he could only imagine how large the bathtub would be compared to his small size; it would be a like an ocean to him.

Jonghyun raised an eyebrow as he watched Key start to squirm in his hand. "What's wrong Key? You've never had a bath before?"

"Excuse me?" Key stopped squirming, sending a deadly glare to Jonghyun. What was this human trying to say? "I have had many baths in my life! In fact, by judging of your scruffy appearance, I've probably more baths this month than you've had in your entire life!" Key spat back, causing Jonghyun to flinch at Key's sudden temper.

"That's not what I was getting at. What I meant was why are you overreacting to a bath? It's not that bad." Jonghyun tried to convince his new pet that everything was going to be ok, but Key refused to listen and started to kick about, trying to push Jonghyun's fingers away so he could make an escape.

Key started to get restless as Jonghyun carried him upstairs, walking into a gray tiled room that he instantly knew was the bathroom. "I can take a bath just fine, so just let go!" Jonghyun shook his head as he placed the plug in sink's plughole, making sure that Key wouldn't suddenly take a trip down the drainpipe. That would be an awkward conversation to the plumber.

Key's eyes darted around the room, looking for any means of escape. Jonghyun the taps with his free hand, looking around for the liquid soap. "Aish, I think I left the new bottle of soap in the spare room. Can I trust you to get undressed by yourself?" Key froze in Jonghyun's hand, looking at the sink, then back at the human, his emotion showed nothing but anger. "Look, you can keep on your underwear, but I'll need to wash and clean them while you dry off before you can wear them again. Does that seem fair?"

The Chibi thought about it for a second, before sighing and nodding his head in defeat. Maybe he could make an escape when Jonghyun left the room. "That seems fine. Just as long as you let me keep my dignity." Key relaxed in Jonghyun's hand, giving Jonghyun the impression that his new pet had finally given in to him.

Jonghyun gently placed Key on the cold bathroom sink, giving time for the Chibi to adjust to the sudden cold surface on his bare feet. Key kept an eye on the human as he walked to the bathroom door. Jonghyun gave Key one last glance, making sure that he wasn't going to try to make an escape attempt. He would have been mad to anyway, the distance between the sink and the floor would have caused great damage to the smaller figure. "You're a pet. How much dignity could you have left?"

Key gave Jonghyun a dirty look as he left before looking around for a way to escape. The sink wasn't fixed onto a surface, which meant that he could go only as far as the sink, or that was his first impression anyway. "Aish..." Key bit his lip as he looked around, hoping for a clear route of escape to unfold before his eyes. The only possible escape was to climb up the tap's tall spout, climb up to the tiled inner ledge of the room, and run to the window. "Better than nothing I guess..." Key muttered to himself, before running to the tap and firmly grabbing hold of it. With ever ounce of his strength, Key started to climb for his freedom.

The water flow from the taps caused the spout to shake as Key got nearer to the top, sending a wave of concern through the Chibi. Key looked down as he tightened his grip in fear, the water was quickly gathering in the bottom of the sink. "Omo... That's a long drop..." Key muttered as he continued to climb again. It was well known that Chibis couldn't swim; they never had a reason to learn, so they didn't waste the time and effort. Key bit his lip as he climbed to the curve of the spout, wrapping his legs around the metal pipe like his life depended on it, which it kinda did at this point. The tap shook a few times as Key climbed to the top of it, he had gained a good height, so he could easily make jump down and land on the ledge. "This is too easy to be true!"

"You ready yet Key?" Jonghyun's voice suddenly broke the silence, causing the Chibi to jump in surprise. Time was quickly running out, and if he didn't jump now, Key would be stuck as being a pet for good!

Key bit his lip as he braced himself for the jump, stepping back a few times to get a good distance to get and running start. However, Key was panicking too much to notice that he had stepped back more than he should have, and suddenly felt his bodyweight shift backwards. The Chibi let out a high pitched screem as he felt himself fall through the air, the tap rapidlly getting smaller and the distance between the two increased. The next thing he knew, Key was surrounded in warm water, tumbling to the bottom of the sink. No matter how much he kicked about, Key just couldn't swim to the top, sending panic into his body. A shadow suddenly appreaed over him, before the Chibi out. 'So this is how it ends?'


Sorry for the long wait for an update, and sorry it's not really good. I was on the laptop almost all day today, just trying to get some work done. I'm really tired, so please give me a break.

Make sure to check my recent blog, on updates about my current activity. :)

7 comments for an update! Repeat comments don't count!