1. Breaking The Rules

Key In My Pocket

There are a lot of mysteries that are yet to be uncovered. Many wonders such as; is there life on Mars, what happened to the dinosaurs, is Miley Cyrus a human or a robot, and one that a few people wonder; is there anyone shorter than Kim Jonghyun? Well I can't provide evidence for the first three, but I can confirm that there is such a species called 'Chibi' that are only the size of a human hand. Of course only very few know about this species because they hide so well. At least, all but one did.


Key walked along the guttering of a tall building, looking at the huge city that stood before him. The tiny male smiled in awe as he peaked his head over the side of the guttering to watch the humans walk below him, gripping onto the edge of the pipe with his soft hands. Key was only a few inches tall; the average height for someone of his species.

Key was known as a 'Chibi', the term taken from Japan where the first Chibi was discovered. But with no real evidence of their kind, only stories that had no secure proof, the species were said to be nonexistent. That was the status that the Chibi people had to keep in order for survival. If anyone knew about the small human creatures, they would be hunted down and possibly kept in captivity, that was no life for anyone.

"Daebak..." Key muttered under his breath as he admired the scene, one that he would always sneak off to see. The Chibis were always told to stay underground, or hidden in dark places where they couldn't be caught, but Key was rebellious. He may have been small, but his loud voice and feisty attitude made up for it. The sun warmed up the side of his face, causing the young boy to close his eyes in a relaxed manner. It was fun to break the rules. Not like Key was worried about being up there anyway, he was too careful to be caught.

The warmth of the sun suddenly vanished as a dark shadow loomed over the small figure, causing Key to open his eyes in frustration. "Aish! It can't be preparing to rain already can it?" As if the weather decided to be kind on him, the darkness faded into a bright shine again. Key sighed as he looked at the city again, the bright colours of the world making him grin in excitement. "That's much~" The darkness suddenly appeared again, making the Chibi stomp his foot in anger and look up at the sky. "What the hell is the problem?"

Key froze in horror as he saw a large shadow flying above him. He wasn't sure of the type of bird it was, but he knew it wasn't good news. Apart from humans, birds were something that all Chibis had to look out for. If they weren't careful, a bird would quickly eat them in an instant, which is why the Chibis were told to stay low and hidden. But of course, Key had to break that one major rule.

"OMO! NO, NO, NO!" Key put his hand up to shield his eyes from the sun's blinding light, stepping back a few times in fear. The bird quickly dived towards him, causing the Chibi to scream and turn to run. However, Key wasn't aware that there was a vertical pipe that lead to the street below, and it was behind him. Before he could stop himself, Key fell down the hole, sliding down the pipe on his at an alarming speed. Key felt that he was sliding down for hours, until he finally saw the light, at the end of the dark pipe, causing him to scream in horror. He had no idea what or who was down there, and he didn't want to find out.

Key shot out from the pipe, flying a few centimeters before he hit something hard, and was lost in total darkness as he passed out. His whole body ached, and he was sure that his clothes had ripped from the impact, but his body was too weak to do anything. Before he knew it, Key was totally out cold.

"YAH! SOMETHING HIT MY SHOE! I THINK IT WAS A BUG! KILL IT HYUNG!" A young male shrieked in shock as he felt something hit his foot hard, running to hide behind the tallest of his friends, who laughed in amusement. The male pouted at them, looking at the oldest of them in plead to look at what hit him.

Sighing at his young friend's innocence, the eldest walked to where the event happened. "Taemin, I'm sure it was just a rock or something. Why are you so scared of the tiniest~" Before he could finish the male shrieked in surprise, falling backwards on his with the shock. The oldest laughed as he watched the scene, wondering what had his hyung so worked up. "Minho, come look at this!"

Minho quickly walked over, getting on his knees to have a close look at what his hyung was having a panic attack over. "Onew hyung, it's just a... What is that?" Taemin quickly joined his hyungs in curiosity, the three males now had their eyes wide at the sight before them. Key lay on the stone pavement, his eyes closed, clothes ripped, and body rolled on its side.

"Is it a real human? Is it dead?" Taemin blinked a few times, still not believing what he was actually seeing.

"You mean is he dead? He's not an 'it' Taemin. He's human just like us." Minho got very close to the small body, blowing warm air on the sleeping boy.

"I wouldn't call him human Minho! I mean look at him, he's only a few inches tall! He's gotta be alien or something!" Onew slowly got on his knees, watching as the taller male examined the tiny male.

After a few tries, Key reacted to the heat, letting out a soft moan as he rolled on his back and huddled into himself to keep the warmth. Minho smiled in relief as he quickly looked around to make sure no one was looking in the quiet street, before carefully scooping up the male in his hands. "He's alive! You gotta see this, he's actually a living creature!"

Taemin was next to Minho in a heartbeat, awing as the small male slept in Minho's hands. "He's so cute! Can we keep him hyung? Can we? Can we? Can we?" Minho rolled his eyes as the young boy gently rubbed the small male's dark brown hair with his finger, squealing in excitement.

"Not with hyung's 'Onew condition' and your messy habits! It's hard enough to live with you two. I'm not caring for another!" Taemin pouted in great disappointment, making his lip tremble in an attempt to win him over.

"What if we give him to Jonghyun to look after? He's lonely living alone, and he's always wanted a pet!" Onew spoke up, admiring the boy in Minho's hands from a distance.

Taemin smiled and clapped in excitement, before quickly hugging Minho and looking at him with large eyes. "Please hyung! We gotta give the tiny human a home! You can't leave him here right? He could be hurt!"

Minho sighed, before nodding his head with a smile. "Fine, we'll give him to Jonghyun, but lets quickly go home and get something to wrap the little one in. I don't want him catching a cold, and we can carry him in the old hamster cage that Onew didn't throw away. I don't want to stuff him in my pocket, and carrying a tiny human around will just cause attention.

"YAY! LET'S GO THEN!" Taemin jumped to his feet, running down the street in the direction of the house, his arms spread wide like a child impersonating a plane. Minho laughed as he stood up, careful not to be seen with the tiny human in his hands, and walked with Onew beside him. It was lucky that the house was only down the street.

"Can I just say that I was keeping that in remembrance of my hamster~"

Minho rolled his eyes at his hyung, grinning at Onew's childish behaviour. "Hyung, Hammy the hamster has been dead for 7 years, let it go!"


Not a large chapter, but this is how long I expect each chapter to be. It's only short as it's not a major project unlike Runaway, but it will still be very enjoyable.

Let me know what you thought, and if you all liked it, I'll continue with it! :)