2. New Ownership

Key In My Pocket

Key groaned in pain as his eyes slowly flickered open, only seeing a single beam of daylight, that tore through the darkness. He slowly sat up, wincing in pain as his whole body ached from his rough landing from his tumble. He rested his head in his hands, trying to balance head that was now spinning around like crazy. He wasn't sure where he was exactly, and it was quickly scaring him silly. His first thought was that he was dead, but he was sure that it was impossible to feel this much pain if he really was dead. Looking again, he thought he was looking at the sky, but something was too odd for that to be true.

Key managed to stand up, his legs shaking in pain and fear as he looked around his new surroundings. His eyes slowly opened fully, allowing the Chibi to fully take in his new temporary home. The four walls were built up by steel bars that connected to a blue plastic bottom, the cage bottom filled with something that Key recognised as wood shavings, as well as a clear pink wheel that was connected to the side of the box. Apart from birds, there was only one thing that Key feared the most, and he was in one; a cage.

Not knowing where he was going, do to fabric over the cage, panic struck him again, causing the Chibi to run around in circles. Key looked above him, door to the cage was on the ceiling, and way out of his reach. He had an idea to climb the walls and try to push himself out, but the strength from his body was just about drained due to the fall he took down the pipe. Key stormed to the cage wall, kicking the plastic bottom in anger. "Aish. Why is this happening to me?"

"Do you really think Jonghyun will like it?" Key's ears perked up as he heard a strange voice above him, causing the young male to lean on the wall of the cage as he listened for more information.

"I told you Taemin, he's not an 'it'. He's human like the rest of us." A deeper voice was heard to the other side of Key, causing his curiously to grow. Who was Jonghyun? Taemin seemed to be the guy that was holding the cage, and he didn't seem that old either.

"A very tiny human at that!" A third voice spoke up, causing Key to pout in annoyance. How dare they insult his height? He was quite tall for a Chibi!

"Maybe he's a pixie then?" The human called Taemin spoke up, sounding quite excited at his own idea.

Key scoffed at the voice above him. Out of all the humans in the world, it seemed that he was rescued by the village idiots. "Pixie? Do I look like I have wings?" Key spoke quietly to himself, narrowing his eyes as he looked in the direction of the voices, that were still chatting away.


Key awoken with a fright as the cage was suddenly placed on a hard surface, he guessed it was a table of some sort. Key stretched his arms as he yawned, slowly sitting up on the sawdust bed that he made himself. He was certain that he had arrived at the destination where his three captures had planned to take him, but he was unsure where he was exactly. His worst fear was that they were in a lab, and that Jonghyun was a scientist of some sort.

"Aish Onew, don't tell me you bought another hamster!" A voice that Key hadn't heard before was now directly above him, causing Key to freeze in fear.

"I'm telling you Jonghyun, this is honestly the best thing ever! We got you something that is extremely rare!" Onew tried to convince him as he grabbed the cloth and pulled it off the cage.

Jonghyun raised an eyebrow as he looked at the empty cage, the only thing in it was a pile of sawdust in one of the corners. "Oh yeah! So amazing, I've always wanted an invisible hamster." Jonghyun gave his hyung a look of sarcasm before he walked into the kitchen, muttering some comments to himself.

Taemin looked in the cage, his face full of confusion. "He was in there! I'm sure of it!" Onew shrugged as he looked around, hoping to see where the little male had escaped to.

"You're both idiots! He's under the sawdust!" The tallest spoke up as he opened the cage door, slowly lowering his hand to the pile of sawdust in the cage. Key's heart skipped a beat as he felt the warmth of the stranger's hand getting closer by the second.

"Minho, maybe he's scared. You should be gentle when handling him."

"He's a tiny human, what harm could he do?" Minho laughed as he put his hand in the sawdust pile, feeling around for his friend's new pet.

Key's eyes narrowed as a finger suddenly knocked him on the head, causing him to yelp out in shock. He didn't want to be anyone's pet, he didn't want to be tested on, and he was most certainly not going to allow this rude human to handle him! Without a second thought, Key latched on to the finger, and bit down hard.

"KYYAAAAA!"

"What the heck is going on in there?" Jonghyun's head suddenly turned away from the fridge, watching in confusion as he saw Minho run past the door, screaming and waving his hand around in panic. Taemin and Onew soon followed, trying to get the tall male to stand still while they helped him.

"GET HIM OFF! GET HIM OFF! GET HIM OFF! GET HIM OFF! GET HIM OFF!" Minho shook his hand again, giving Jonghyun the chance to see what had everyone so worked up. He couldn't believe what he was seeing; a human that was only as tall as a pencil, had bit and grabbed onto Minho's finger, holding on tightly as his friend tried to shake him off. Jonghyun's mouth dropped open in shock, seeing the sight of the human that was actually smaller than him.

"STAY STILL!" Onew grabbed Minho's wrist to keep him still, while Taemin tried his best to pull the small male from his hyung's finger.

After a few attempts, Taemin pulled the Chibi away, holding him by the waist in-between his thumb and index finder, suspending him in the air so he couldn't attack Taemin's fingers. "Yah, it's not nice to bite people!" Taemin looked at the Chibi, who crossed his arms and gave the young human a glare.

"Well neither is taking someone off the street and shoving him in a cage!" Key spat back, kicking about in an attempt to escape Taemin's grip.

Minho narrowed his eyes at the tiny male that Taemin held, angry at him for causing his finger to bleed. "Hey, we helped you back there! So the least you can do is be grateful to us!" Key tensed up in slight fear at the taller male's harsh tone, his body began to shake in guilt as he forced back tears. "If it was up to me, I'd throw you back outside!"

"Hyung, you're scaring him again!" Taemin put Key back in the cage his hair with his finger. Key didn't really like people touching him, but there was a childish innocence to the human that he really liked. It was cute in a weird way.

"Well he bit me, so he deserves it." Minho flicked the cage with his finger, causing Key to flinch in fear. "He's lucky I don't bite him back." Key gritted his teeth, growling like an angry puppy.

Onew pulled Minho away from the cage, rolling his eyes as the two gave each other dirty looks. "Will you calm down? You agreed to bring him here, so you're not going to throw him out! He has to stay with Jonghyun while he heals."

Key scoffed and crossed his arms, looking to the side while Taemin closed the cage door. "It's ok. Jonghyun hyung is really cool. He's gonna take good~"

"AIGOO! HE'S SO CUTE!" Key screamed in shock and dived under a pile of sawdust as a new face suddenly appeared out from nowhere. "Aww, he's shy! Is he for real? What is he? What's his name? Where did you find him?" The new male asked questions without taking a breath, smiling widely as the small human slowly peaked his head up from the sawdust pile he had made. The human was the shortest of them all, and his hair was outstanding, blonde at the fringe, and turning darker brown at the roots. Key had seen many humans before, but none with hair as weird as that.

"He's a tiny human that we found on the street. He seemed hurt, so we brought him here for you to look after." Onew smiled as Jonghyun and key looked at each other for a a short while, fascinated by each other's appearances. "You said that you always wanted a pet, so we~"

"Excuse me?" The humans froze in surprise as a loud voice cut them off. All eyes were fixed on the caged male, who sat up and brushed the sawdust off him. "First of all, I have a name, call me Key. Secondly, I'm a Chibi. We are like humans but smaller, and judging by your personalities, we are smarter too." Everyone blinked in confusion, watching as Key stood up and stomped his foot. "Lastly, I'm not going to be a pet to this short, multicolour haired freak that you call Jonghyun!"

Minho laughed as Jonghyun's mouth dropped from Key's harsh comment. "Maybe I'll grow to like him..."

"You can't comment on height! Look at the size of you!" Jonhgyun pointed at Key, trying to intimidate him, but the Chibi smirked and raised an eyebrow at the human.

"I'm the average size for my species. I've watched humans long enough to know that you should be taller for your age!" Key smirked as Jonghyun's eye twitched in frustration, trying to keep himself under control.

Jonghyun turned around to look at his friends, who were slowly backing away. "I'm not looking after him! He's rude and mean!"

"He's just adapting to his new surroundings. He'll get used to you, and you'll be best friends." Taemin sang as he walked out of the room, followed by Minho and Onew. Jonghyun ran after them in a panic.

"WAIT! How the hell do I manage to look after a tiny human?"

Minho shrugged, trying to think of advice. But teasing seemed like the more entertaining option. "We do it. How hard can it be?" Minho smiled as he opened the front door, stepping out as Jonghyun shouted back at him in anger. He hated height jokes.

"It'll only be for a little while." Onew joined in with the jokes, running out of the house as Jonghyun almost kicked him in the .

Taemin ran after his hyungs, looking at Jonghyun one last time. "It'll be good to have someone look up to you for a change! Jonghyun hyung fighting!"

Jonghyun slammed the front door in frustration, stomping to the living room where Key was sat in the cage. He wasn't sure if having Key as a pet was a good idea, but at the same time he didn't want to throw Key out when he was hurt.

Key smirked as he saw Jonghyun walked into the room, looking flustered and confused. "Hey shorty!"

Then again, maybe throwing Key out was a good idea...


 

Hope you like it! Very tired at the moment!

No update tomorrow as I'm in Liverpool to see a band called The Wanted with my friends. It's the last tour before they split up, so I promised to go with her. It's gonna be very emotional for her, but I hope she keeps faith like us cassies, and waits for the band to reunite. :)

As always, please comment, vote, subscribe, and stay awesome! I love you my flower petals! X