10

Underground Rappers

Nahyun folded her clothes and put it in the plastic bag. She wore an oversized shirt and a thick jacket, a blue jeans and a furry boot as the lower part. She brushed her hair back and made it a ponytail. She took a deep breath and exhaled it slowly. The scenes two days ago kept playing in her head. She let out a sigh. The sound of the door opened made she turned her body.

“Already leaving?” the old lady asked, looking at Nahyun with her small eyes. The daughter pushed the wheelchair into the ward. Nahyun ran to her and hugged her for a long time. The daughter closed the door behind her and gave a small smile to Nahyun. Nahyun looked up at her and hugged her too.

“Where is your friend?” she asked, pushing the wheelchair to her mom’s bed. “Namjoon is going to come in 10 minutes,” Nahyun glanced at her watch and help the daughter.

“How’s your hand?”

“It’s okay now,” Nahyun gave her a big smile. She showed her palm to the old lady. Nahyun sat down at the edge of the bed. The daughter moved the IV drip to the pole next to her bed. It’s only four days Nahyun stayed in this ward, but they are getting along together. She looked at her palm and rubbed it slowly.

The door sliding open from the outside and Namjoon appeared. He bowed to the both ladies in front of Nahyun. She got off from the bed and gave a last hug to the old lady. The old lady patted Nahyun’s back “Don’t cry alone, okay?” she whispered to Nahyun’s ear. Nahyun nodded slowly. She bowed for the last time to the both ladies. Namjoon picked her bags and bowed to them once again. They walked out from the ward. Nahyun closed the door slowly.

“I already called a cab,” Namjoon walked ahead. Nahyun turned her body and ran after Namjoon. He was supposed to be in studio, finishing his mixtape. But Nahyun called and asked him to pick her up.

“Why you don’t ask Yoongi hyung instead?” Namjoon turned his head to Nahyun. Nahyun stopped in the middle of the hallway. Namjoon stopped too, looking at her weirdly. Nahyun smacked his head with her uninjured hand.

“I told you not to say his name!”

Namjoon bent down, holding his head. Nahyun picked up her stuffs and walked out from the hospital. She already told Namjoon not to say his name in front of her. As soon she stepped out from the hospital, she saw a cab by the street. Fresh air!!

“Yah! Yang Nahyun!” Namjoon shouted behind her, still holding his head. Nahyun ignored him and walked to the cab, jumping happily. Her actions stopped when she saw Yoongi leaning against the cab, checking his phone. She turned her body around and saw Namjoon was running to her. She immediately gave another smack at Namjoon’s head. She dragged Namjoon far away from the cab.

“Why is he here?!” Nahyun was half whispering. Namjoon was still holding his head. The pain is double right now.

“Can you stop hitting my head?!”

“Answer me!” Nahyun pulled his ear like a mom nagging at her child for ditching class.

“I have to go somewhere right now. So I asked him for a help.”

Nahyun let his ear go. She crossed her arms on her chest. Namjoon rubbed his burning ear with his hand. It’s triple pain right now.

“What should I do?”

“What?”

“I can’t talk to him,”

“Why not?”

Nahyun let out a sigh. I don’t know why. Namjoon rolled his eyes. He took Nahyun’s hand and dragged her to the cab that was waiting for her. Nahyun pulled back her hand but Namjoon’s grip was too tight. He has no time for this. Yoongi moved his eyes and saw two of them were walking to him. His lips curved into a smile. Namjoon stopped as soon they arrived at the cab. Nahyun hit his back when Namjoon suddenly stopped.

“Ow, can you not stop like that?!” Nahyun held her forehead. She looked up and saw Yoongi was smiling at her.

“Okay, I need to go now. Hyung, you can take care of her. Here her stuffs,” Namjoon hand him Nahyun’s plastic bags. He ran to the street, leaving both of them with a cab.

“Kim Namjoon!!” Nahyun shouted his name out loud. He was already far away. Namjoon turned his body around and waved at them. Yoongi chuckled a bit. Nahyun turned her head and gave him a death glare.

“You can go now. I’m going straight to my house after all,” Nahyun pulled her plastic bags. Yoongi held tight the plastics bags. Nahyun looked up and saw him smiling brightly at her. ‘Stop smiling like that, idiot’

“Namjoon said I should accompany you until you are in your house,” Yoongi pulled back the plastic bags from her. He turned his body and opened the door for her. Nahyun looked away. She stomped to the other side of the cab and get in the cab. Yoongi laughed for a while and shrugged his shoulders.

Nahyun told the driver her address. The cab started moving. At the corner of her eyes, she could see Yoongi was staring at her. She took out her phone and an earphone. ‘I should ignore him.’ She put on the earphone and blasted the volume up.

Yoongi was still staring at her. Nahyun looked out of the window, looking at buildings, trees, cars and people. He casually took the right earphone and put it in his ear. Nahyun turned her face to her right. Yoongi was sitting so close to her, with her earphone in his ear.

“What are you listening?”

“Can you move a bit?”

”Ahh... I like this song,”

“Min Yoongi,” Nahyun strictly called his name. Yoongi looked up and met with her eyes. Their faces were too close. He could smell her shampoo. He could see the small mole on her fluffy cheek. Her lips were so tempting. He wanted it.

“Move,” Nahyun pushed Yoongi’s shoulder. He shook his head. He took off the earphone and gave it to Nahyun. He moved to the other side. Nahyun put back her earphone in her ear. Yoongi let out a sigh.

They both got off from the cab when the driver stopped the car. A big apartment was waiting in front of them. The cab drove away as soon Nahyun paid the fees. Yoongi stood next to her, looking up at the apartment.

“You can go now,” Nahyun pulled the plastic bags from his hand. His grips were too tight.

“Namjoon said until you are in your house,” he said.

Nahyun let out a sigh. She walked ahead straight to the elevator. Yoongi followed her behind. ‘So this is where she lives’

Nahyun pushed the ‘UP’ button and waited for a second. The elevator dinged and they both jumped in.“What floor?” Yoongi asked as soon the door closed. Nahyun pushed the ‘7’ button. They both silent and no one made a sound or a move. Yoongi arranged a conversation in his head.

“Na-“ The elevator dinged open. Nahyun immediately jumped out from the elevator. Yoongi slowly got off from the elevator. Nahyun stopped at a door and took out a key. She twisted the key to the side and the door opened. She stepped in the house.

“Now, I’m in the house. Give me my stuffs,” Nahyun held out her hand. Yoongi hand her the stuffs. He stepped in the house without getting invited.

“What are you doing? Get out from my house! Now!” Nahyun took out her boot and stopped him from going into her house. Yoongi gave her a glance. “I need to use the toilet,” he pulled his hand from her grip. He rushed into her house and searched for a toilet. Nahyun let out a sigh.

“It’s on the left.” Nahyun stepped in and threw herself on the couch. She took off her muffler and her thick jacket. It’s too hot in here. Did Hayoung leave the heater on? She walked to the heater and turned it off.

Yoongi walked out from the toilet and saw Nahyun was lying on the couch. He walked towards her and sat down beside her. Nahyun opened her eyes and saw Yoongi was holding her palm. He rubbed on it softly. “Yoongi...” Nahyun called him in a slow tone. Yoongi looked at her face, asked her to continue.

“Did you wash your hands?”

Yoongi burst into a laugh. His eyes made some tears. Nahyun looked at him weirdly. What’s wrong with my question? “Yes. I already wash my hands.” He said, still laughing. He continued rubbing her palm. Nahyun feels so nice. It’s almost the same when Yongguk massaged him.

Nahyun pulled her hand away and sat up. Yoongi was shocked with her action. “You should go.” Nahyun got off from the couch and pushed Yoongi to the door.

“Wait.” Yoongi turned his body to face Nahyun. He held Nahyun’s shoulders and took a deep breath. He already practiced how to say it at the studio.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry for saying those things. I don’t really mean it. I was mad, and frustrated and angry and-“ Yoongi stopped. He looked down on his feet “-I was jealous, I think. I don’t know why. I don’t want to be like your parents because I’m not. I’m really sorry,”

Nahyun held his hands down, looking at it. She held it tight. She doesn’t want both of them being awkward. He’s her buddy.

“Me too. I was yelling at you. You were so annoying. I can’t control myself.” Nahyun spoke softly. Yoongi put his head up and saw Nahyun was smiling sweetly at him. The lips of her were really tempting. Yoongi looked away, blushing.

“What’s wrong?” Nahyun asked, half laughing.

“No-nothing,”

“Tell me,”

“It just-“ Yoongi stopped. He moved his eyes to her lips. “-your... lips...” Yoongi said slowly. He turned away, facing at the wall. He shook his head several times.

Nahyun covered with her hands. ‘,’ she turned her body and went to kitchen quickly. “D- Do you want some drink?”

Yoongi hit his head a few times to the wall. ‘You are ert, Min Yoongi.’ “Yeah, sure!” he went to the couch, waiting for Nahyun.

Nahyun brought a two cup of hot choco. She hand it to Yoongi, she sat down next to him. Silent. “So... how long have you been live in this apartment?” Yoongi took a sip of his drink. He tried to make an eye-contact with her, but failed.

“About 3 years,” Nahyun pulled her legs up, crossing them. The house feels warm even though she already turned the heater off.

“How many rooms are there in this house?”

“Three, I think. Hayoung and I are using separated room. I’m not sure what we did for the other one. Want to see it?” She got up from the couch and leading him the way to the room. The door creaked open.

“Wow, so small.” Yoongi popped his head in the room. Nahyun coughed when she saw some dusts flying in front of them. There’s already a bed, tiny desk and a closet. Yoongi walked in “Can I have this room?” He widened his hands, looking at Nahyun.

“What do you mean?” Nahyun walked from the room and went to the living room instead. There were too many dusts in that room. Hayoung and she should clean the room some time.

“I want to live here,” Yoongi closed the behind him. He walked away happily. His body started aching when he slept at the couch in his studio.

“You can’t.”

“Why?” he pouted.

“Because you’re a guy. And we’re girls.” Nahyun sat down on the couch. “You don’t have a home?”

“I used to. I moved out and live in my studio,” He sat on the floor looking up at Nahyun’s face. She pulled her legs up and crossed it. “I can take care of you guys. Men are strong you know!” He lifted his arm and poked at his arm to make a bicep.

“Yeah, right. Or I’m the one will take care of you.” Nahyun ruffled his hair few times. He pouted again. Nahyun sipped her hot choco and got up to wash the cup. Yoongi followed her behind. “I’ll ask Hayoung about this. Don’t get too excited.” Nahyun said a little loud. The water ran through her fingers. The water is kinda cold too.

“Really?!” Yoongi jumped behind her. He was too excited. “I said, don’t get too exci-“

Yoongi putted his chin on her shoulder and smiled happily. His eyes were almost gone. Nahyun remained silent. She kept playing with the water. Her heart was beating so fast. Yoongi tilted his head to take a clear look at Nahyun. Her cheeks were really red.

“You are so cute,” he chuckled and moved away to take his cup. He handed it to Nahyun. The both of them were silent. Yoongi leaned his hips at the counter. He quietly stared at Nahyun. She turned off the pipe and turned her body. Her eyes met Yoongi, staring at her silently.

“Hey, what do you think of Yongguk?” he walked to the living room, waiting for Nahyun to come and sit next to him. Since last two days, he kept thinking of Yongguk’s words.

“Well, he was nice, his voice is deep as , when he smiles his gum will shows up. He’s kinda tall too. I don’t really know him personally.” Nahyun touched her chin with her finger. She only said what she knows so far. Yoongi nodded slowly.

“Yoongi, do you still hate him?”

“Yes,”

Nahyun let out a sigh. Yoongi chuckled again. They were silent again. The silent between them was more comfortable than before. A phone rang. Yoongi s in his pocket and slide the green call icon. He said a few words and hung it up.

“I have to go. Thanks for the drink!” he walked to the door and Nahyun followed him behind. She smiled when Yoongi turned around to look at her. He walked out happily. He almost jumping-walking and even sang a happy song. He bumped into someone and bowed immediately. He walked straight to the elevator.

Hayoung looked at him weirdly. “What’s with him?”

---

Yongguk put the bag on his computer table. He forgot to bring along the muffler when he went to the hospital to meet Nahyun. He leaned back on the chair and spun it around it lazily. He regret everything what he said to Nahyun. He regret everything what he did to Nahyun. He really didn’t mean to kiss her that rough. He brushed his hair back with his fingers. Does he really like Nahyun? He let out a grunt. It was so complicated.

“Ayo Jepp!” Jiho pushed the door open with his leg. He lied down on the couch as soon he stepped in the studio. He loves hanging out in Yongguk’s studio. He grabbed a mini basketball and aimed it at the basket that hanging on the wall.

“You are not going to perform tonight right?” he threw it the ball. The ball hit the edge of the basket. It was rolling on the floor.

“No. I wish I can.” Yongguk looked at his arm and sigh. He was supposed to perform at the basement tonight.

“Gloss will replace you for tonight,”

“Yoongi?”

Jiho picked up the ball and threw it at the basket. “Yeah, he already released his mixtape online. You should check it out,”

Yongguk moved his chair to his computer and search for the mixtape that Jiho was talking about. He clicked on it and listened to it for a while. He leaned at his back and smiled in satisfy. ‘Still the old Yoongi that I know.’

“It was pretty nice. The lyrics are rhyme and the beat goes hard at the middle part. The hooks are okay too,” Jiho kept giving comments about Yoongi’s new mixtape. Sadly it was too short. But they know he put a lot of effort on it.

“I’ll come and look for it,” Yongguk said slowly. The mixtape kept replaying few times in his computer. It was almost 5 p.m so Jiho needs to help his crew to set up the stage. He threw the ball to Yongguk and ran out quickly. Yongguk picked the ball up and was about to throw it at the door before he saw Yoongi was standing by the door. He was staring at Yongguk deeply. Yonggk immediately stopped the music and turned his chair to face Yoongi.

“Are you planning to steal that mixtape too?”

Yongguk’s eyes widened “What? No. I was listening to it,” He stood up, nervously. He was always shaking when he met Yoongi. He always felt guilty to him. He wanted to fix things between Yoongi and him. But he doesn’t know how. Yoongi gave him a death glare before he leaved Yongguk’s studio.

Yongguk grabbed the bag on his computer table and ran out after Yoongi. “Hey, can you give this to Nahyun?” He held Yoongi’s shoulder and pant a bit. He hates running.

“Get your hand off me,” he glanced a bit at Yongguk’s hand. He pulled his hand off from him. He handed him a bag. Yoongi snatched it and walked away.

“I’ll watch your performance tonight,” Yongguk said a little bit loud and waved his hand. Yoongi turned his body, looking at him. He walked back to Yongguk to grab his t-shirt collar.

“Don’t you think that I’ve forgive what had you done to me before. Don’t be nice to me. Don’t come near Nahyun. Don’t talk to Nahyun. I ing hate you,” he glared into Yongguk’s eyes.

“I wasn’t being nice to you. I always said that to other crews. And you shouldn’t be too rough. Your shoulder...” Yongguk pushed Yoongi back a bit. He let his collar, still glaring at him. He patted his collar and looked up, meeting eyes with Yoongi.

“And by the way, I will still talk to Nahyun. You are neither her father nor parents. I bet Nahyun hate when you set this kind of ‘rule’”

“I’m her friend,”

“So do I.”

Yoongi clenched his fists.

“By the chance... do you like her too?” Yongguk said in curios. Yoongi looked down on his feet. ‘Is he making fun of me?’ Yoongi clenched his both teeth and fists. Yongguk rubbed his neck, feeling uncomfortable.

“Anyway, good luck for tonight,” Yongguk slowly walked away from him to his studio. Yoongi looked up to see Yongguk walked away from him. His phone rang and saw Nahyun’s name on it. He slided the green call icon.

Yoongi! Hayoung said you can live here!”

“Seriously?”

Yeah, she said it’s good for our security ‘system’. You can move in starting next week. We’re going to clean the room first.”

“I didn’t expect she’ll say yes.”

“Yeah. Me too. I was surprised too.” Nahyun giggled “Are you going to move in many stuff?”

No. Just my shirts I think. I’ll leave the rest in my studio,”

Cool! Okay, that’s all. Bye!”

Yoongi hung up the phone. He punched his fist into the air and started to dance. He skipped to his studio while singing a happy song. He slammed the door close.

Yongguk leaned against the wall. He didn’t mean to eavesdrop on Yoongi’s call conversation. He let out another sigh. ‘You really like her, Yongguk. Yes you do.’

 


p/s: wow. the longest chapter i wrote so far. im so proud of myself