chapter 8

Life After You


It’s been  two weeks now everything is normal in Kim household. And today is big day for Hyuk it’s his 1st day at kingdegarten, after I moving in with them, they registered Hyuk to the finest Kindegarten in Soul, and with my rare morning time so now here I am in his bedroom  help him to put his uniform.

“ So do you want me drive you today, or we gonna take Grandpa’s driver to drive us to school, uhm?? “ I asked him.

“No need mom, Uncle Howon pick up us today....” he smiled

“ He promised me, for my 1st day he gonna drive me....”

“Okay, so you gonna go with Uncle Howon then, so let’s eat breakfeast before he come”

“Mom, you should change you know, you not gonna wear that....” he said

“ Don’t you said uncle Howon gonna pick you up?”

“Yes, but you come with me too....you promised”

“But I had a meeting at 9 my son..”

“ So, we just go with Uncle Howon and he can drive you after both of you take me to school”

That’s what i gonna stay away with. Same car, just two of us,with amazing ticking bomb that can always exploded with a little red button that ready to push.

“ How bout you and Uncle Howon,and I on my car, so it’s win-win, we drive you to school an mommy can go to office without being killed” and whispered the last sentence of course.

“ No...” he started to whine, just like another  kids

“ Uncle Howon is busy so we don’t him to late for his patience are we...”

“ How bout, i ask Uncle Howon are he bussy or not.” And he running downstair

“Hyuk-ah....” and i just sigh

And the lovely morning turn into gloomy morning with something that I wish I could run off, take Hyuk  to school together with Howon. And I just staring at my phone and chat with my junior writer about  the meeting prep later.

“Mom, are you gonna pick me up later”

“I wish boy, but today I have  lot work to do, and I don’t think coming home today, Running Man new episode can’t got shoot if  I’m not there…., can you forgive me….” I pleaded to my son.

“Running Man? Uncle Myungsoo said mommy work on that Selebrity News, Running Man is not Selebrity News…..”

“Mommy just got promotion and do for 2 programs now,and  I’m sorry is we can’t spend a lot of time playing,cuz mommy had to work”

“It’s Ok , grandpa said busy people always find time for people they cared for”

“ Mianhae,we can go out playing on mommy free time, promise”

“Promises…., bye Uncle Howon see you later”

Hyuk wave at  us and running to his class.

“ You shouldn’t promise something that you can’t do”

“ *sigh* Do you hate me?”

“……..”

“ After this years now I tried to become a mother, something I’m scared of , DO YOU KNOW HOW SCARED I AM? *silent* I’m sorry for yelling, can you just drop me of on the bus shelter in front , yo-”

 

“ I just not get where you fear come from ,you know, with all people backing you up,what you do is running away over and over..”

“ And now I stay for good,and I don’t care what you  think about me, I just need for you to trust me…like how we used” my voice start to crack

And suddenly the car stopped .

“ Do we really need asked “trust” from  each other right now, because me “trust” never fade away…, you can take a bus from  here.” He said

“I ….*silent* can get bus from here” and I just step out his car and walk and just hear his car engine fade away fast.

For some reason there’s no Howon I know, his words sharp and hurt me the side that I never see. The Cold Hoya that people always said now showing hisself to me.

HOWON POV

“ I ….can get bus from here” she said and get out from my car and just walk with no looking back act, I just speed my car away and see her shadow from the side mirror until disappear

“ Idiot, why would I said that…Lee Howon you waited her so long and now you give her cold-ice treatment..” I  just banging my hand on steering wheels

Yes I waited her for all this year,and hoping that I can be the one the can lean on after Sunggyu hyung gone, is not because I’m  his bestfriend, or I’m the family bestfriend, because I’m in love with Park Jinhee since we’re 15 and my sad one sided-love for this 10 years make me act like an Idiot.