Prologue

My Not So Charming Prince

“Are you okay?” a voice asked. Amber tilts her head up and sees a face. Warm and angelic. Nothing that she has ever encountered before. 

“Y-yeah.” she says stuttering. Her face flushes with embarrassment. What am I thinking?  Amber yells to herself in her head. A hand hidden in a white glove was extended to her, offering to help her up and out of the puddle that she fell into. Amber hesitantly accepts the offer and gets up. Another ruined outfit. she thought to herself. Her white jeans are now tainted light brown and bare arms are all muddy. She turns around and around, checking her pink tank top with a loose black outer cardigan with holes, making sure they weren’t stained, but they probably were anyways. She takes her hand and rubs it back and forth on her black and pink hat, frustrated. It was the middle of spring. Korean Rhododendron flowers dance in the air as the sun slowly pierces through the rain clouds. The sun’s rays shine slightly onto the young man’s face, making him glow, looking like he fell from the heavens. Realizing that these thoughts were filling her head, Amber snaps her head away and folds her hands behind her back. Turning his full body in her direction, he extends his hand out towards her with his other hand behind his back.

“My name is Prince Key. I’m from the Eastern part of Korea. And you are?” he gives her a warm smile. Well, he does look like a prince. Amber thought glancing at his white and red outfit and nicely gelled back hair. Snapping out of her thoughts, she realized that she was being asked a question.

“Oh!” she exclaims startled shaking his hand politely. “Er… Amber. Princess Amber. Of… Seongnam.” she gives him a shy look as he eyed her in suspicion.

“Princess?” he questioned.

“Uh… I know, I don’t look like one because I’ve never really worn royal clothing. Or rather, I never really liked it.” she assured him.

“My apologies. Princess Amber, it is an honour to meet you.” he apologized with a bow. What kind of princess wears jeans and tank tops?! My image of the so called Princess Amber what more graceful than this. I have heard that she is supposed to be rather tomboyish but, not to this extent!  Key thought in disgust. But he didn’t show that he was thinking that. She bowed back.

“Uh… You’re here for my sister’s coronation?” she asked him.

“Yes.” he responded. There was an awkward silence. Then Key cleared his throat. “Well, uh, nice meeting you. Until next time, Princess Amber.” he said with a bow. Then he hopped onto his horse and rode off. Hopefully I won’t have to meet you again.  he thought to himself. Amber stared longingly as he rode off into the distance on his white horse.