Zombie

Thousand star in the sky

Zombie

I don’t know how this happen, or where it come from. What I know is suddenly, there is screams everywhere and we have to survive from this. It’s like our instinct told us to.

They run to every direction. But everywhere, they can hear scream, and they know they have to avoid that.

I run with some of my classmate. Run past few class, I just have one place on my brain. I don’t know if it safe enough or not, but what I know is my body controlled by my instinct and whatever it’s, I trust it. I have to.

They run entering a laboratory class. A class they use for practicing science. The last student close the door and the other spare to close all the blind. Just after they sure no indication they’re there, they gather in the middle of the class. Hide between high table and chairs. It’s just like all their instinct told them to do that. Like they know what they should do in this situation. Like they have experience it before.

I run inside a laboratory class. The only class that have a blind near my class room. My heart beat racing like crazy as adrenaline pump to my whole body. What I can see just one point and the other is blur. What I can hear just my own heartbeat. It’s like crazy. Everything just feels so fast. One time I see the door, and the door is close and the student who close it tried to reach the teacher table to block it. I turn my head to see the windows and few other classmates hurriedly close the curtain.

Now with a dim room, I feel a little bit safer. And I know the other too. I can hear mine and the other breath become slower. Eyes still tense and not focus, but get its life back with every breath we took. I tried to look up and see my seat mate that still tried to get his breath normal and felt a relieved as he looks okay.

 

Sunggyu, Dongwoo, Howon, Jimin, and Nana. The five student that trap in the laboratory tried to spend their time waiting as quietly as possible. They just share some glance and talk with their eyes as no one dare to make any sound. Howon will frequently tring to peek from the curtain, but never success as he, himself afraid if he make, even a little move, whatever creature out there will find their hiding place.

Sunggyu will always held his breath whenever Howon approached the window and when he glance toward him, Sunggyu will shook his head. It’s feel weird for Sunggyu how Howon asking a judgment like that. But that's mean Howon trust him and it's good.

It’s quite now. No screaming sound or something like that anymore. It’s like the world is dead and it just us that leaves. It’s scary I can say. Very. I can see all of us start to tense once again. It’s no good. We have to do something. We need to get out.

“What should we do now?” just in time, Howon whispering asked. It so soft that I have to look at him to ensure I don’t miss hear it and when I looked up and see him give me that look, I gestured him to come closer.

We gather in a middle of the class. Away from windows and door. Too afraid to be heard. Block by rows of table and chair to protect us. Squatting because too afraid to sit and if something bad happen, we miss one step because we're too relax.

“Class room.” I said as we gather.

“Why?” Howon asked everyone question in their mind.

“I don’t know. What I know is we have to get out from here.” I answered honestly. I really don’t know why, but it just keep bugging me like it’s the best decision. Even if it’s not, I’m sure I see wood chopstick somewhere when we run here that I think can be a small weapon. Better than not.

“It’s not a bad decision, at least we familiar with our homeroom class.” Jimin give her point of view.

“And maybe someone survived too.” Dongwoo said in hope.

“Do any of you see what attack us?” Nana asked with frowning forehead like she tried to remember something.

“I don’t see one but I guess it's like a zombie thing?” Jimin said not sure herself.

“I don’t see it too. Sunggyu just suddenly pull me to run with him.” Dongwoo said looking to me.

“I don’t see it too, but I believe it's zombie.”

We look towards Howon and he shook his head. It’s weird. It’s getting very weird. How we can very sure what attack us when we don’t even see what is it? Why my instinct keep kicking when I’m not someone who great in that?

 

Three students lift the table that block the door. They look at each other for last confirmation before Nana open the door slowly. Slightly lift the door so there won’t be too much pressure in the hinge that can make any sound.

Jimin eyeing the opening and when she see nothing, Dongwoo check the other way.

Howon run fast in the front, follow by Jimin, me, Nana and Dongwoo on the back. Just as we’ll turn, I see the chopstick I spotted earlier under a long bench. I maneuvered myself and get the pair of chopstick before run again following the other.

My heart beat faster and I know that risking thing I done have took an unwanted attention. My ears buzzing, warning me of danger. Since I’m the last one, I close the door and seeking for my backpack. I can see the other took everything they think can be a weapon before hiding under the table.

I run to my table and get my backpack under the table. I don’t have time to hide so I just squatting beside my table. Shoving one of the chopstick inside my backpack and hold the other tightly. This is it. They’ll come.

Everyone hide under the table. Dongwoo and Nana who don’t have many time, hide at a row near the door. Nana on the front and Dongwoo few table behind her. Howon already have something on his hand as a weapon an hide on the center row, few table behind and Jimin in the front row near Sunggyu hiding place. Jimin give Sunggyu a worry look as she see him in a very opening hiding place. She tried to move approach him, but Sunggyu just give her a firm shake of head.

They’ll come. They definitely will come. My heart beat like crazy, and my ear buzz like a bee in it. I tried to calm myself which I know I can’t. My heart beat increase and my body tense. With face looking down like a deadman, I glance for my left side, no one there. I tried to glance for my right side.

_

I can’t see my right side with my hair blocking it and I can move myself too afraid being spots in this open place. I tried to see through my sweaty hair with focus but I still can see nothing. I need to see it to be ensured.

Suddenly, everything seems like stop. My body freeze as it feels like being electrocuted. My nape hair stand and I know, they’re here. One is right beside me.

I glance to my right and there he is. With white sailor uniform and messy hair, standing few step away on my right side with head looking down like a hanging man with dark gloomy aura. I don’t want to see his face. I know if he raise his head, I’ll be done.

_ …

what should I do now. I don’t think I can attack this big guy and win.

I’m done. I’m done. I…

I hear Jimin scream, and I see near her is another sailor with skin as pale as a drown man with a same gloomy aura.

It’s move. Just like the scream is a turn on power, they suddenly move. I don’t have time to think or even worrying about the other one, I can’t now. My focus just for the one on my right, that now move nearing with mouth wide open.

Sunggyu dodge the attack just a second faster. He jump from chair to table and jump on it. Aiming his chopstick to its head. Hoping his whole weight will pierce through its skull and kill him right away. Hoping his attack won't mi or it won’t dodge it.

With everything I have, eye focus on its every move, two hands grip the chopstick very tight, I jump as fast as I can and concentrated my whole weight for the falling. Accurately penetrate my chopstick towards it skull. I don’t have time to take another breath as I step on its face and pull out my weapon.

Jimin screamed on top of her lung as she see the thing face. Its face so pale like a dead man with torn mouth. One of its eye hanging and the other red like blood just blow up inside it. It’s an epitome of horror and she just really can’t hold it.

Howon who is eyeing the one near Sunggyu immediately turn his attention. He jumped from his place as Jimin retreat from her hiding place. Dongwoo tried to reach her as Nana tried to dodge the other one near the door. With so many table and chair his panic self hardly move.

_why? Just in time like this..

He felt useless. With build body, he supposed to be the one to help them, but he can’t even coordinate his body properly with all the panic. He can see from the side, Sunggyu tried to jumping the thing and on the other side Dongwoo tried to block the thing with table as Jimin tried to run away. Nana with chair protecting her, moved backward avoiding the thing.

_, she moves the wrong way.

Howon shove his obstacle, tried to run and save the girl.

I can see Dongwoo successfully block the thing from attacking Jimin and I feel a bit relieved. But then, there’s scratching sound. There’s Howon tried to push tables and chairs from his way. What for?

My heart thumped. I can hear my heart punch my ribs. I know what he want to do. I know what will happen next. Suddenly there’s this scene on my sight. Some one. A boy. Jump out of nowhere and blocking the thing to save someone. I see it. I screamed. But he just smile before the thing bite of his neck. I see blood. And I see myself running. Tearing every piece of it.

I don’t want that to happen. Again. I don’t what that to happen to Howon. Too.

Everything feel so fast. Or is it a slow motion? What I see just blur expect the thing that attacking my friend. That time, I have nothing, but now, I can use everything here. Even with my small body, I lift the table and throw it towards the thing in front of Howon. I run and grab another chair and hit the thing with it hard and jump to stab the other right on his head. Near its right eye but not on it. I can see the thing eyes on me, but it’s dead. It’s already dead, so I don’t feel anything of killing it once again. I jump and kick it to pull my weapon and stab the other one with it.

I run out. I open the door with loud sound, don’t care if it’ll attract any uninvited things but when I’m out, what I see is another boy. Another group, do the same thing with me. With smirk on their face. And I stone. Then follow by few other student with relieved face. And I feel myself relax. 

I run with them. Feeling the joy and relieved like the other. It’s not just us. There’s still many that survives. We did it. We save.

“The gate is unlocked!” I hear someone said.

“The weird school guard succeed open it!” I hear the other scream.

We run to the open gate pass teacher and principal room. I can see they save, but I don’t care. I want to get out of here. I want to go.

I see some of the student already out of the school with happy face. Once, it’s feel normal like every other day. With sky color with orange like it’s sunset. And I stop.

Smile leaves my face.

I don’t feel safe out there. I will dead if I step out from here. It’s like dead will following you if you step out. Like you’ll be mark by dead. So, I turn and go back.

I see Howon look at me with worried, so I give him a small smile. He smiled a bit and I jump on him. I climb his build body and settle on his back. Suddenly I feel so melancholic and I just need this. I need someone by my side. Someone to hold after all this craziness.

“I don’t know you’re a skinship person. Moreover demanding a pickaback like this.” He complained.

Busy adjusting my position, he asked me again, “Why you don’t go?”

“I feel if I’m with you, I’ll be safe.” I said as I hide my face on his nape.

He laughed his melody laugh, and I feel better. “It’s weird if you said it like that when it’s you the one who safe me there and It’s me the one who following you and be save because of you.” He said while walk back inside. Following wave of student towards teacher room.

“hemm…” I drown my face future on his nape. Don’t want to know what will happen next and just being like this forever. Feel safe on Howon build back.

“You scare me, us, when you suddenly grow berserk like that. You look like you’re in a trance and your eyes, it feel lost. What happen?” he asked with a soft voice and I just silent. Thinking.

“I don’t know.” I said when I can’t find any answer. “There’s this scene and I just don’t want that to happen and suddenly, I’m already do what I’m done. It’s weird and I’m scared. But if it can save us, I guess I have to get used to it”

We enter the teacher room and I can see one student I see with a smirk earlier arguing with the principal. The principal looks oddly okay with smile on her face. I don’t like her.

I get off from Howon and leaves him to listening what the teacher said and approaching the principal and the student. When I’m near, they done with the argument and the student walk off. The principal give me a glance which I just can smile back her smile before walk back towards Howon. I see her talk with other studend and teacher again and I start scanning the office. Itook few stuff I think will help us when I see no one see me.

I took a small blade and I remember something. I have a cutter inside my bag. I run towards Howon and drag him as he talk with a boy with a curly hair. His best friend Robert if I’m not wrong.

“They separate every class into room K, Y, U. K with most grand supply and U with the less. Sharp weapons aren’t allow since it’s safe now.” Howon said as he see it’s me who drag him.

He doesn’t say anything, but I know what on his mind. Room K, we have to go to room K. Of course with every supply, food, water, weapon, every sane person will go there.

I see Dongwoo, Nana, and Jimin waiting us with their backpack. Dongwoo looks worried, but when he see me, he gives me his gummy smile. I feel sorry, for explaining nothing, but we need to hurry and find a room to settle. We need to settle and check what we got and hide few things if need. I won’t give away any useful thing. They’re crazy if they think it’s safe. I know it from how the Principal and the boy argued.  He looks like a survived type, and if he doesn't like what the Principal want, then I won’t obey it too.

 

They walking around looking for an empty room but its either there are too open, or the room already occupied with students. They use Dongwoo great skill to find stuff for more hidden room. Walked around to a corner with dim light, there’s a small opening with small U on it. Branches being arrange that make the opening hide. They have to climb to go inside as it just a small opening leaves as the branched close almost all of the opening.

Better than not, they slowly climb. First the girls, then the boys follow. Sunggyu have this urgent of feeling telling him to quickly moves inside. He can feel his nape hair start to stand the longer he stand outside.

Just as half of his body inside, he hears a and a small voice asking to be safe. He hurriedly climbs inside and grab Howon arm as the boy want to go outside again. His body trembling and his eyes fill with fear as he stares right to his eyes. Silently asking the other to don’t go.

“Gives me something, I’ll end it fast and joining you in a sec.” Robert said as he see Sunggyu and Howon. He moves back outside and held his hand towards Sunggyu as he gives him one of the stick. “Close it.” He said before he walk away.

They close the opening; roll down the roll mat and secure it. Howon wait at the entrance and Sunggyu just walked inside. He won’t comeback. Sunggyu know it. If they go, they won’t survive, that’s why he doesn’t want Howon to go. He kills someone.

 

 

 

It’s too long and Howon start to feels worry. He roll up the mat and he start to hear something. A hard breaking human scream that voicing his dead. Robert voice.

It isn't long before its fade and he's in a warm hug of someone. A soothing voice of Nana can be heard as his tears roll down.

“Let me go. We have to save him.” Howon said with low voice but the one who embrace him didn't budge. Dongwoo just shakes his head and hugs him harder.

“We need to help him, let me go.” Howon tried once again.

“He’s dead.”

A thing no one dare to said it, Sunggyu said it. It’s sound cold in the middle of Nana soothing voice and Dongwoo sob and it’s anger him. If just they all just go inside, if just Sunggyu let him go, if just Sunggyu …

He see red. He pushed Dongwoo and run towards Sunggyu. He shoved Sunggyu body and grab his collar. Eyes wild with anger.

“It’s because of you” his voice low as he speak with anger. “Why don’t you give your cutter? Why you just give him that stupid stick? WHY??”

Sunggyu silent. His answer will anger Howon more and he knew it. It’s maybe it better this way.

“Coward. You scared to die if you give him your weapon?” Howon moves his head near, his eyes stare right to Sunggyu eyes. “Then die.” He strangles him. Two hands clap on the small throat as he see Sunggyu struggle to free himself.

The other tried to free Sunggyu, but Howon just too strong. He even pushed Jimin when she tried to pray his finger. See nothing can stop him, Dongwoo punch him right on his face and throw him away.

Dongwoo prepared himself when he see Howon stand once again. He learnd boxing thanks to Sunggyu and he’ll definitely show one or two trick if he need it. He lowered his body as Howon changed his target, but soon relaxed as Nana and Jimin held Howon and successfully clam the other.

 

They don’t talk, Howon don’t. First day, he doesn’t even eat, just constantly drink water. They open the rolling mat a bit so they can check what happen outside.

On the second day, Howon start to eat, but still giving them a silent treatment. They constantly peeking outside as something is happening, but no one go out.

It’s on their third day, they hear a screamed follow with another and then a gun shot. It’s just happen about half an hour before everything become silent again. No one dare to move, no one dare to speak.

Start from that day, its happen more frequently. First it just once on the night for half an hour, then it became longer, for about an hour, and so on till they have to take turn for the night. Afraid something will happened when they sleep with no one know. But then it happens in the afternoon. It’s increase till they close the rolling mat to block all the sound because it just heart breaking and they can’t take it anymore. They so tired till dead maybe feel better.

They stop counting days. They start to surrender. Supply almost gone and they start to mix their food with water. At least the water tap still work perfectly or they’ll die dehydrate, but still, they need real food. They start to consider going out. Maybe it’ll be better? Maybe out there didn’t as bad as what they hear? But, who they tried to lie, it’s as bad as what they hear. The scream already telling them so much.

 

It’s over. If this going even just a day longer, everything will be over. There’s no more hope on their eyes. No life on it. They just a body with no life. This’s no good. They have to do something. Go out, fight, or maybe looking for a help. Everything is better than just doing nothing. Here, they maybe safe, life’s, but they’re dying.

“Hyung, what’re you thinking?” Dongwoo asked. I can see his worry mind in his eyes.

“We need to get out.” Dongwoo want to give his reasoning, but I cut him, “Maybe there’s a rescue team. Maybe some people come and tried to save us. If we just hide here, they won’t know we’re here. They’ll leave us behind.”

“No, hyung. It’s not safe.” Dongwoo slip his finger between mine and squeeze it. “It’s not safe you can’t go.” He mumble.

“No Dongwoo. It not just me. It’s us. We need to get out. Besides, there isn’t any scream anymore maybe it’s over. Maybe they gone.”

“Maybe, you don’t know hyung.”

“That’s right, I don’t know. That’s why we need to find out. Now, it just a maybe, but how if that’s what happen outside? We won’t know if we don’t check.”

 

 

 

They start packing what leaves. A little bit of supply and water. Sharp broom stick on hand as a weapon. Last check and they ready to leaves. Sunggyu on the front ready to go out.

But he stop. They all stop and ready their weapon.

A knock, slowly but surely move to the right direction. Every second it moves closer, their heart beat faster. Howon moves forward, softly push Sunggyu away from the opening, and then nothing..All silent..

one

two

tree

And suddenly all too bright and they closes their eyes. No one move.

Is it the end?

 

 

 

 

 

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

As you can see, I finish all of the member. Who I should write next?

 

Just wonder, witch one you prefer? Bad myungsoo with Lhyun, or playboy Yeol with myungyeol? Or maybe evil Hoya?