Strawberry / woogyu

Thousand star in the sky

Because today is Sunggyu birthday, so this is for you. Please comment below if you like the story. Or if you don’t please still comment what you think and don’t like from the story.

By the way, are you anticipating his new album? Because I am. XD

 

Happy reading…

 

------

 

 

                Sunggyu is just 5 years old when he meets the fairy boy. A boy with stupid face Sunggyu once said. Well, that’s maybe true looks from how they meet.

 

                Its rainy day and Sunggyu is in his way back from his friend house. With his small hands, he holds a small yellow umbrella that just fit his little body and his other hand holds a red plastic bag full with strawberry his friend mother gives him. ‘So you’ll have a chubbier, cute, red cheek’, she said while squashing his cheek. It’s hurts and makes his cheek redder and puffier from the rough treatment but its okay as long as Mrs. Jang will give him his favorite red fruit.

                He start to regret to let Mrs. Jang pinch him so hard because now it’s feels really hurt and he has to endure it till his mother shoo the pain go. But, once again, Mrs. Jung gives him so many Mr. Strawberry that he has to put it in the plastic bag. A big Mr. Strawberry that bigger than his little fist. Mr. Strawberry which he pronounce ‘Mr. Strawbelly’ cutely because he still has his lisp and can’t pronounce ‘r’ perfectly. Mr. Strawberry which sometime turn to become Mr. Strawbababy when the little boy get too excited. Something which will get a laugh from everyone who hear him.

 

                He walks slowly. Carefully not to splash dirty water to his clothes. Every step he takes he’ll make sure to not step on the dirt. He just successfully avoids a big puddle by walking like a crab when a boy running from his back and splashed the dirty water to his perfect white shirt.

                His eyes soon become watery and he want to cry that instant but he hold it. He holds his big tears because he’s a big boy and big boy don’t cry because get dirt on his clothes. With trembling lips he continues his little journey back home. He still tries to avoid any puddle like before, but not as careful as before.

                A few meters away and he’ll arrives home, but once again the same boy with red raincoat run pass him and splashed another mud. Poor Sunggyu who doesn't see that coming become a victim one more time. Now his blue shoes decorated with new brown dot here and there.

                Sunggyu cheeks become redder than before. Now his hands tremble holding his emotion and he walks with big step. Don’t care anymore with the puddle and mud since he gets dirty already.

                “Hey, I like play in dirt too. Let’s play together.”

                Suddenly red raincoat boy jump in a big puddle right beside Sunggyu and makes mud dirt all his cloths and he drop his red plastic bag. Sunggyu small eyes get bigger that instant. Checking his plastic bag, he face becomes red. His grip on his umbrella and plastic bag tighter and his body trembles.

                “Are you o--?”

                “YAH!!”Sunggyu screamed as loud as he could, which is very loud and shrill, make the other boy jump from his place, slip and fall.

                Sunggyu doesn't care if the boy fall and now sit on the dirty puddle because his precious strawberry now cover with dirt because of the stupid boy. He glares hard, his lips form a flat line. His usual cute form change into a scary one while the other boy that’s too shock with the sudden situation just sit there unmoved with eyes big and lips apart.

                “You..”He said in a low threatening voice, ”you hurt mr. berry.” He eyeing the boy like his prey and he screams, “BAD BOY!”

                Sunggyu jump toward the sitting boy. Umbrella throw away, he reach the mud and throws it to the boy hair. He then mess the other boy hair then wiped his dirty hand on the other boy cheek.

                “Now you like Mr. Berry.” Sunggyu said satisfied and walk away leaving the poor red raincoat boy who mouth still agape and now dirt mess hair.

 

                Sunggyu walks home sobbing. He hugs his red plastic bag near his chest to protect his precious berry. Just when he open his front door, he cried screaming. Surprise his mother and brother who immediately run towards him.

                “What’s wrong Gyu? Where’s your umbrella? Why you … “

                His mom doesn't finish her sentence as Sunggyu screaming, “MOMMY…!!” and run to his mom and hug her. “Bad Boy … berry ..my berry …” he hardly said between his sob and lisp.

                “Are you hurt? What’s wrong with your belly honey? Let’s mommy see it.”His mother tried to peel of her son tight hug to see her son condition, but Sunggyu shook his head. “No~” He said and buried his face deeper.

                “I guess he didn't mean his belly mom.” His brother said pointing the plastic bag his brother brought. Well, since lips Sunggyu pronounce Berry as belly, it’s not his mom fault she can’t understand.

                Finally see what her son brought, she open the plastic bag and understand. “It’s okay honey, we’ll wash it and eat it, okay? Don’t cry, mommy will save Mr. Berry okay?” She tried to soothe her son.

                She brought up her son and carried him toward the kitchen. Sit him beside the sink while she washes his son favorite fruit. “Wah…Mr. Berry is clean now. Looks good right Gyu?” She tried to get her son attention. “Who is the good boy open up the hangar~” She started to fly the clean strawberry like a plane in front of her son as Sunggyu sob start to die down and when he open his mouth, she put the fruit in his mouth.

                Sunggyu takes the fruit and giggle when the sweet sour taste strawberry fills his mouth. They end up washing all the fruits together with his brother stealing some fruit here and there.

 

                The day after the incident, the day where the morning breeze feel so nice, their new neighbor come with their son. That day, Sunggyu high pitched scream startle everyone include his guest. Even his brother who on his room can hear his brother scream and have to run down to check. After that Sunggyu excitedly told his story about the other boy who run and jump in any puddle till his strawberry become the victim and asked for apology from the other.

                The boy doesn't apologies though. Instead, he pulls Sunggyu and drags him towards his house. Pass to the back of his house where the garden with a lot of plants grows to the small house with white plastic wall beside the garden.

                The boy smile proudly while looking at Sunggyu who still tries to catch his breath. He waits till Sunggyu catches his breath and stands straight before he open his mouth to talk, but irritated Sunggyu always talks fast. “What do you want? Why you brought me here? What is this place?”

                “This is strawberry.”

                “Where?”Sunggyu look left and right with sparkling eyes as he hears his favorite fruit.

                “This.” The boy said pointing to the plant on the ground.

                “Well, it’s strawberry plant. They give birth for strawberries, like a mother of strawberry.” The boy explained when he sees Sunggyu doubt expression.

                “I'm Woohyun. Nam Woohyun. You like strawberry and I like them too, so let’s be friends.”

                “No.” Feeling trick Sunggyu puff his cheek and walk away.

                “I’ll give you a lot of strawberry if you become my friends.” The boy, Woohyun tried.

                “No, you lie to Gyu and you hurt Mr. Strawberry. You bad boy and Mr. Berry don’t like bad boy. So Gyu don’t like them too.”Sunggyu explain long.

                “Look!” Suddenly there’s strawberry in Woohyun hands. “See? Try it. I just share them with my friends, so let’s be friend.”

                Sunggyu doesn’t just believe like that so he examine the fruit in Woohyun hands before he take it and put it in his mouth and you can say Woohyun sees stars in Sunggyu eyes. And he see stars once again when the cubby kid hug him tightly and spin him and jumping while spinning and Woohyun has to collapse for the boy to stop.

                “Friends?”Woohyun stretched out his hands.

                “Friends.”Sunggyu said with crescent eyes as he grabs Woohyun hand.

 

                It’s summer and it’s very hot. Woohyun help his mother in the garden when Sunggyu come to play. When Mrs. Nam out of sign, Woohyun drag Sunggyu into the hot house and squat near one of the strawberry plant.

                “Okay. I’ll show you something but you can tell no one.”

                “No one like really no one?”

                “Yes, no one.”

                “Even mom and dad? And hyung?”

                “Yes, not even them.”

                “Not with Fosy too.”

                “Yes, not with your fox doll too.”

                “But, Gyu always share everything with mommy and daddy and hyung and more with Fosy.”

                “It’s a secret. If Gyu can’t keep it, Hyun can’t tell you.” Woohyun said with serious face.

                “Can’t tell?” Woohyun gives a nodded and Sunggyu start to think with frowning eye brows and squinting eyes. “Okay. It’s secret. No telling.”

                “Pinky promise?”Woohyun gives his pinkie for a guaranty.

                “Pinky promise.”Sunggyu hook his pinky with Woohyun’s.

                “Watch.”Woohyun put his hands on the ground where the strawberry root located and his hands start to progress a green glow. Sunggyu stare amazed with round eyes and when the plant start grow a bit and green baby strawberry start to show up, Sunggyu start applauding for his friend.

                Woohyun stop. He then exhale and cup his small hands on the green fruit. Sunggyu quietly wait as his friend hands start to glow again and Woohyun hands which before closing tight now start to make a gap. When Woohyun hands didn't gives any glow again, Sunggyu stare at him with confuse face. Woohyun grin from ear to ear and Sunggyu really confuse with his friend.

                Proudly Woohyun gives what in his hands for Sunggyu. Slowly open his hands for the show like he always see on the TV. And when Sunggyu see what inside, once again after the announcement of their friendship, Woohyun sees star. Once again, he tumble with Sunggyu smile from ear to ear till his eyes gone.

                “How can you do that? Can I do that too?” Sunggyu asked when Woohyun can sit properly beside his friend.

                “I guess no. Hyun and mommy and daddy and even hyung are special. Mommy said we are an earth fairy so we be friend with the plant and something like that. Right?”Woohyun tried to explain what his mother once said but fails and get confuse himself in the end.

                “I don’t understand.”

                “Me too. But the thing is, we help plants grow like what I show you.” Woohyun make a conclusion.

                “So, Hyun can eat strawberry whenever you want? Wah, Hyun really awesome.”

                “No, since Gyu is my friend, I’ll share with you.”

                “Hyun double awesome!”Sunggyu give Woohyun his thumbs up. “Hyun like a king of plant.”

                “Like a big tree in the playground?” Woohyun asked with hopefully eyes because the big tree so big and tall and awesome for he and Sunggyu.

                “No, Woohyun is King Namu!” Sunggyu scream excitedly. Smile so proudly with what he said.