9

GOODBYE 20

"is this your favorite restaurant?"

"yes, Joonmyun and me come here all the time"

It didnt compare to the one Baekhyun took me, but it was special to me. Well now for us. "now i recommend you to order the big hamburger, its like a big monster" We keep our hands on the table, as we hold hands. Baekhyun had pick the corner booth, so its pretty much private. He sits infront of me, and i sit infront of him.

"okay, fine...but would i be able to finish it?"

"the point is to order the big hamburger because its fun" Baekhyun looks at me with -really-Sehun-thats-the-reason- "what are you going to order?" "a salad" we both laugh, like thats our first joke we both have ever heard. But i could still hear the sickness. "are you ready to order?" it was the same old lady that always come when Joonmyun and me come.

"hey Betty, i'll have fried fish, and he'll have a big hamburger" Baekhyun bites his lips, as he chuckles alittle. "you know for 50cents more, we can make it a extra big hamburger, and if you eat it before the time ends you'll get it for free" I raise my hand to say no, but Baekhyun stops me. "okay" "what? no Baekhyun" he rolls his eyes, and looks at Betty"

"make it extra big!" Betty turns around, and makes the chef ring a bell to tell everyone in the restaurant that Baekhyun is doing the challange. The bell makes everyone look at our table, "extra big, extra big" they cheer. The chef personally comes and puts the hamburger infront of Baekhyun. The size was like three hamburgers put together.

"now start!" Baekhyun lets go of my hand, and begins to eat it. At least try to eat it. In seconds everyone is around us, cheering from my boyfriend. I look at Baekhyun surprise, for his small body i couldnt believe he was eating something thats bigger than his head. As he continues his face becomes a mess, barbecue sauce is around his perfect lips.

He stops eating, making everyone cheer for him louder. "come on Baekhyun you can do it!" i have to admit i was into it too, he laughs and he continues. Everyone start to clap at the same time, as they continue to say "eat, eat, eat" my boyfriend gives three more bites, when he stops. He looks likes his going to vomit in any minute.

"i cant" he pushes himself to say, Betty takes the plate away and everyone boo's. I chuckle, "my big boy" I lean forward to pat his big stomach, he pushes my hand away. "im gonna puke on you" I step away, "here, you get a shirt kid" Betty shows Baekhyun's his new black shirt that says, 'i couldnt finish the big extra hamburger'

Baekhyun pushes it away, as he runs to the restroom. "how much it is going to be?" "hold on, i'll look" she says chuckling, Betty leaves the shirt and goes to the cashier. In that moment Baekhyun comes back looking really scared, "whats wrong?" "i shouldnt have done that" I stand up, and i ruffle his brown hair. "are you kidding? you were the king!"

"really?"

"yeah, then you came down" he punches me in my stomach, and i dont know how he could still have that much strength. "dont worry about it kid, since your boyfriend here did it, everyone wants to try it" Betty leaves winking at Baekhyun, "lets go home" I grab Baekhyun's hand, and i lead him to the front door. Since i was paying attention to Baekhyun, i didnt see three guys who open the same door.

I end up hitting them.

"im sorry"

"sorry?" the guy grabs me by the collar of my shirt, "maybe i should hit you" "hey leave him alone!" Baekhyun pushes the guy away, which made everything worst. "thats it, im going to hurt you" the other two guys grab Baekhyun and me, as they take us to the back of the restaurant. "can we just talk about it?" "after i hurt you!" the guy seems like he takes pills to make his muscles grow.

"hey Baekhyun, have you been in a fight?"

"no"

I look at him, he smiles agreeing with me. I hit the man in the face first, which makes his friends come towards him. Baekhyun kicks one of them in the stomach, and as he stops to cheer the other one punches him so hard he ends up on the floor. I punch the guy that hit Baekhyun, then his friend punches me so hard i end up on the floor too.

"come, lets go its not worth it" one of them says, they leave before one of them spit on us. Baekhyun and me laugh as we lay down on the wet concrete.

 

I wait outside the hospital room. Eun seok is doing so much better, but he also needs to come for his weekly check ups. "oh hello" I stand up when i see the doctor that takes care of my mom. "hi, doctor" "im glad your here, i have your mom's test results" I raise my eyebrow confused. "results? no she got the results

months ago"

"no, i have them right here" the doctor gives me the white envelop, and i open them right there. This couldnt be true, she told me the doctor had said she could never walk right. That there was no cure, but im reading something else. She's perfectly fine. "your mom is a strong woman, nothing can break her. Say hi to her for me" The doctor puts his hand on my shoulder, before he walks away.

I wrinkle the paper, hoping i can erase everything. My mom had lie to me, the only person i trust the most in this world lie to me. I didnt think twice when i let my dreams ago, because i was doing it for my family and i didnt regret it. But now, now its different. "brother" i put the paper away, and i push everything. Now all i have is Eun seok.

"how was it?"

"it was fine! i didnt cry when they took blood out" i ruffle his hair, "good boy!" the doctor looks at me, and my big bruise that i have in my eye. I chuckle, "i was just messing around" he nods, "well i'll see Eun seok next week" i nod, and i take my little brother's hand and we leave the hospital.

"brother is everything okay?"

"yeah, Eun seok"

He continues to look at me, knowing my lie. "brother, that boy your always with is he your boyfriend?" "yes, why?" he shrugs, "he looks too pretty" "are you saying im not pretty?" i tickle him, "you look mean, and he looks happy all the time" I should write Baekhyun's 100 different smiles. "he makes me happy, i dont look mean when im with him"

"then! then you should bring him so he can play with us"

"yeah one day" i tickle one more time, and Eun seok gets mad. He doesnt like it when someone tickles him, i start to run and he follows me. We run, and run. And his laughter is different from Baekhyun's because theres no sickness, or grey stuff eating him up. We see our house, but we dont stop from running. "im getting away" i say in a playful tone.

"i'll catch you" but Eun seok doesnt, i arrive at the front door and he arrives seconds later. I open the door, and i see my mom sitting down in the couch. With a very angry look. Even more angry than when she saw my bruise. "hey Eun seok, in my room theres candy why dont you go and eat it" "okay" Eun seok leaves, and thats when she speaks.

"your boss called, he said if you continue to skip work you'll get fire" i didnt say anything, i just throw the envelop to the table. "whats that?" "your lie" she opens the envelop, and she starts to read it. "why?" "Sehun, i can explain"

"explain what!" i yell so hard i hurt my throat, "you lied to me! to me!!" "what do you want me to say?" i scoff, "how about sorry? mom," i put my hands in my chest. "you made me give up on my dreams, you made me believe that i wasnt allow a future" i feel my stupid tears running down my cheeks, and there was no remorse on her.

"so what? that didnt stop you from been with that boy, and skipping work"

"no, dont blame Baekhyun for anything. He made me see theres more in life than just to live" she laughs, and walks towards me. Walks normal, since i know her lie. "what you gonna do? stop working? we would be in the street!! and it would be all your fault!" her words hit me harder than a punch, but i wouldnt go down. "no, we wouldnt end up on the streets."

"oh yeah how?"

"im gonna go back to school, and i'll make money with my writing" she laughs at me again, "with your writing? that damn notebook you carry all the time? thats the thing thats going to put food on the table? and pay the house?"

"yes"

Shes get surprise by my tone, and my simple words. I open my mouth to say something else, when my phone rings. It was Baekhyun. "hello" "its this Sehun?" the voice is unfamiliar to me. "yes, who's this?" "im Baekhyun's doctor, he wants to see you"

"i'll be right there" i hang up, and i take my first step before my mom stops me. "your not going anywhere" "let go" i push her hand away from me, "you cant say anything to me anymore" and i close the door in her face.

 

I knock on the white door, when i hear a very low 'come in'. I open the door, and i see Baekhyun laying down on the bed. This time his wearing a white gown. "hi" "hi" the light coming from the window makes Baekhyun look like a ghost. "how are you feeling?" "good, i fainted and my mom made a big deal about it" I sit down on the bed, as i move Baekhyun's hair from his eyes.

The only color in his skin was the color of the his bruise. "sleep" Baekhyun shakes his head, "no" "sleep, i'll be here when you wake up, i promise" ~ "okay" i move to the chair thats next to him, as i look at the body thats slowly giving up.