6

GOODBYE 20

The lights from the carnival shine on Baekhyun's face. I can tell this is the first time, because he continues to go in circles looking at everything thats around him. "where do you want to go first?" "the ferris wheel" i nod, "let me buy the cupons for the ride" I look at Baekhyun waiting to see if he heard me, but he was stuck on the lights.

Have you seen something so beautiful that your afraid it might go away if you close your eyes?
I have.

I chuckle, and i move to buy two cupons. I pay in a bill and the old gentleman gives me change, Eun seok would like this coins so he can put them in his jar. In another thought, i move to Baekhyun who was still amaze by the lights. "dont tell me this is your first time here?" "i wouldnt then" to busy leaving his life, he didnt stop to enjoy the small things.

"here, lets go" i give him his cupon and we move to the small line infront of the ferris wheel. "this things wouldnt like, break right?" "no, its fine" the more we move, the more i feel Baekhyun freaking out. "are you like afraid of heights?" "no, im scared that the thing would just break of nowhere" I chuckle, "dont worry" I give the man my cupon, and i get inside.

Baekhyun stands there looking how it was a bit hard to get in, since it moves with every step you take. "your cupon" the man tells Baekhyun, i wave to him to get in but it seem like he was still having doubts. "its okay" still unsure he nods, and gives the man his cupon. I try to make it stop moving with every step Baekhyun takes.

But finally he takes his sit infront of me, "see, everything is fine" "yeah" he says with a bit of sarcasm. The man gets everyones cupon, and starts the game. The ferris wheel moves up slowly, giving us the perfect view for the canirval and part of the city. "thanks" "why are you thanking me?" Baekhyun shrugs, "i guess if it wasnt for you, i wouldnt have come here"

"you would've,"

"hey Baekhyun" Baekhyun stop looking at the view, and looks at me. "thanks" he chuckles, "for what?" "for helping Joonmyun, he told me. So thanks" he nods, "are you coming back?" "no, not yet"

"is Joonmyun going to die?" I raise my eyebrow, "no....are you?" Baekhyun smiles at me for a moment, and time stops. And i wish it could stop for eternity. He skips my question, and goes back to look at city thats shines upon us. "hey Sehun, would you like to have dinner with me tomorrow?"

"yes, Baekhyun"

 

The golden door opens for us, everything around the restaurant seems to elegant and expensive. Our table has a nice view of the piano, the man seems to get ready to play. Im afraid to touch things, to the point that im not going to touch anything. We sit down, and the menu is already in our table. "wow, everything looks so beautiful"

"its my favorite restaurant, i come here all the time" by the prize of the menu i could stop working for two weeks, and take Eun seok out of the hospital. "so you can order anything you want" "can i ask you something?" Baekhyun drinks water from one of the long glass, as he nods. "its a question that has a second part" "okay"

"why dont you tell Kyungsoo and Chanyeol the truth?"

"because im in a new medication, if everything goes well i might never tell anyone that i was sick. So why tell them? their going to act different around me, and i dont want that"

"my second part, if you....do die, what would happen with Kyungsoo and Chanyeol? are you going to make them believe that you went to a far place?" "no, if i have to tell them, then i will"

His answers was something i want it to hear, maybe it was for me. i didnt want to see Kyungsoo nor Chanyeol go through confusion of his friend just leaving out  of nowhere, and me knowing the reason why. "uhm, look they make the chicken uhm..." my idea of changing the subject , but at least brings some laughter to Baekhyun.

"you can order anything you want"

"really? anything?"

Baekhyun nods, I look at the menu and there was so many things i would like to try. But i didnt want to take advantage of Baekhyun, so i go for the chicken. Lame.

The waiter comes and takes our menus away, he writes our order which consist on my chicken and something french Baekhyun order. "so Sehun do you like any one?" the question comes out of nowhere that gives me goosebumps, i never thought about liking someone. My life was been 'study and taking care of people'. "no, why? do you want me to tell Kyungsoo that i like you so you can win the bet? i can, i dont mind"

"nah, i lost."

"you dont seem to sad, it must had been a lousy bet" Baekhyun doesnt answer me, he just continues to drink his water. But the way he show his expression, it was like he was telling me that he doest care. And yet he feels like he won.

 

I lay down in my bed and i couldnt sleep, theres a strange smile that appears in my face and i dont understand. Baekhyun, his different from what i imagine he'll be. There was something that glows on him, and i didnt understand what it was, and i didnt want to understand because that was something that keeps pulling me towards him.

Maybe to the point that i start it to like him, but my feelings are cover with my responsibility that maybe thats why it took me awhile to see it. The problem was what iam going to do with this feelings? its not something you confess, well at least to Baekhyun. And to be honest his the first person i ever liked. And it makes me feel how i spend my time not feeling this incredible beatings that run in my body.

Since im not going to sleep, i stand up and go to my small desk. I turn the light on, and take some paper out. I dont know what im going to write about, but i feel like i should write this feelings. When im done with my first sentence, my phone begins to ring. The number is unknown. "hello?" "hey, its Baekhyun...uhm Sehun im in the police station can you come for me?"

"yes, i'll be there" we hang up, i grab my shoes trying not to wake my mom up. She finally came back home, after having to sleep in that uncomfortable chair. She didnt quite like me going to dinner with Baekhyun either. I tip toe to the front door, not forgetting my keys. Ones i got out i put my shoes on, and i run to the police station.

I wonder whats the problem, sure Baekhyun does stupid sometimes dangerous bets but never enough for the police to put him in jail. And im the worst person to come and bail him out. In a very sick way i guess you can say, im glad im going to see him again.

I enter the police station, looking at the jail cell thats inside. "Sehun!" "Baekhyun" as i was going to run to Baekhyun, a police officer stops me. "this is first offence, he'll be out onces you pay for his bail" "okay, i can pay" we walk to his desk, and he starts to do the police report. I continue to look at Baekhyun trying to guess why he got in trouble.

He didnt look drunk, nor he look like he got in a fight. "okay, im going to call the attorney" "wait, why is my friend in jail?" he looks at Baekhyun, then at me "for possession of drugs" i couldnt say anything more, so he leaves. It was abit strange for me to imagine Baekhyun getting high, or selling drungs. Even when Baekhyun has a reputation for making 'bets', it was still clean.

The attorney comes, and makes me sign some papers before i pay her. She says something like 'if he does it again, he'll go to jail' i nod, and i promise her 'he wouldnt do it anymore' and a small 'thank you.' The officer opens the cell, and Baekhyun comes running to my arms. I dont know if i should be mad, but i was glad i had him in my arms.

"come, lets go home" we get out of the police station, and thats when he stops. "arent you going to ask?" "he'll told me" Baekhyun puts his hands inside his pockets, "but you dont know the reason" "do you want to tell me why?" he nods, "my new medication stop working, im going to die,"

"i thought if i was high for a good amount of minutes i'll forget my sad stupid truth" his eyes become crystal, as he tries to hold the tears in. It was sad to see someone who's happy all the time to turn into something that can break in any minute. "how....how long do you have?" he looks at me, and makes a thin smile.

we didnt count the days left.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------

sorry for being late, i was sick ;u;