3

GOODBYE 20

Theres literally three people in the whole coffee shop, well plus Sora. Baekhyun had made this coffee shop his hang out place, and of course Kyungsoo and Chanyeol have to follow. I wipe the table thats next to the one their are, and no im not doing that so i can hear what their saying. "oh come on Kyungsoo please please come with me!!" Baekhyun grabs a hold of Kyungsoo's shirt, as he begs.

"no, Baekhyun i told you i dont like Nell" i see two white tickets in Baekhyun's hands, "how about you Chanyeol?" "when have i said im a fan of Nell?" Baekhyun drops his head on the table giving up on begging his friends. "the show starts in a hour" "i'll go with you" all eyes on me again, "you will?" "of course im a fan of Nell"

"genius who is going to take care of the shop?" Chanyeol crosses his arms, what he doesnt know is that i have a secret weapon. "hey Sora would you help me again, please?" Sora stands up and goes behind the counter, happier than ever. I look at Chanyeol with a -all-in-your-face- look, which of course he didnt like. "well lets go!" Baekhyun goes around the table to get to me, he grabs my hand and pulls me to the door.

I didnt feel guilty for leaving Sora in the store, maybe because i trust her. Plus there was only two people now, so there wasnt alot of work to do. And im a man, i'll pay her back. I get into the sport car again, but this time Nell's 'Escaping gravity' album plays aloud. Baekhyun skips the track until it gets to number two. Ocean of light.

When the song starts Baekhyun sings aloud, and all i could think its he should be an idol. His voice is like a chocolate medley that goes around with the lead singer. It was a combination of pure gold and flavor sugar harmony. Maybe i should save money for when Baekhyun decides to be a singer, and i can go and see him in concert.

"what?" Baekhyun chuckles seen me staring at him, which i didnt realize i had glue my eyes on him. "nothing" "come on sing, i wouldnt judge i promise" I laugh, and just sing along in a very not loud voice. "its this your first time seen them?" I ask him, he lowers the volume "no, this is my third time" "are they amazing?" Baekhyun scoffs, three times just to make it dramatic.

"do we need air to breathe? of course their amazing"

"who did you go with?"

The thin smile in his lips erases, and he becomes serious. I guess we have two things on common, one we like Nell and two we dont talk about our personal lives. I open my mouth to apologize for making him uncomfortable, when he raises the volume so loud i can feel the sound wavelength in my ears. In away i think Baekhyun knew i was going to apologize so he stop me.

He starts to sing in the top of his lungs, waving his hand for me to join him. And for the first time i listen, i sing intop of my lungs even when i know i didnt sing as perfect as Baekhyun.

 

After the concert Baekhyun parks by the lake that has a nice view of the bridge. We continue to listen to the cd with the windows down, as we lay down intop of the car. "Well, now it’s time stop. Just pull the trigger I want to end it all. I wanted over." Baekhyun pronounce the english words to the precise tone. "i love that song" it was one of few songs, that was all in english.

Haven.

My hands are safely on my stomach, as i keep looking at that bridge full of lights from the cars. "so are you and Joonmyun okay?" "no, neither of us want to talk to each other" although seen him sitting alone at lunch time really did hurt me. Baekhyun looks turns to look at me, "his like sick right?" "yes" however in the same way his not.

"i bet its hard to take care of him"

I turn to look at Baekhyun, and we both just stare at each other. I laugh lightly, "Baekhyun i wasnt taking care of him, he was my friend" "i know, but i mean his sick. And he needs special care, i bet it was difficult for you" difficult? i think it was more difficult for Joonmyun to be himself, i know at first he hate it. Seen yourself in the mirror, and looking normal when you know you are not.

"no, friends take care of each other, its never a job. You do it because his your friend, without wanting nothing in return"

"your a good friend Sehun" then why do i feel like ? thats it im never going to drink again. Alcohol makes me a , how could i ever feel glad that i wasnt going to take care of Joonmyun anymore, when i said that friends take care of each other. 

Baekhyun smiles to me, until he closes his eyes so tight "whats wrong?" he sits up but still making the expression of hurt, something was hurting him. "are you okay?" he nods, raising his hand to calm me down. He stands up, and opens his eyes feeling better, "it already pass, im fine now" "are you sure? dont you want to go to the hospital?"

"no im fine" but when he gives his first step he faints, i know he was lying. I run to him, and i start to move him "Baekhyun?! Baekhyun!" but nothing, i check his pulse and it was really slow. I open the back door, then i go to Baekhyun and i carry him bride style. He didnt weight alot, which i find kinda scary. I put him neatly on the back sit, then i close the door.

I get ready to drive, im not really good at driving. In my experience i have only used the car twice, but it was very short trips. I turn the car on, and i put on my seat belt. I take a big breath and i start driving. I take glances at Baekhyun in the rearview mirror, just to make sure his was doing okay. People dont just faint out of nowhere right?

I mean it wasnt normal. I see the exit for the hospital, and i take it. I dont know if i should call someone, like his mom or his friends. Was i the right person to be there? maybe he wasnt sick, and it was just him being tired from the concert. Why do i always make a such a big deal out of everything? i guess i always expect the worst in things.

My life hasnt being the best example to start expecting good things. I park infront of the hospital, and i enter "i need help!" when you yell that in a hospital about 10 nurses run to you, "his in the car!" five of them go to the car, and start to carry Baekhyun and then put him in a gurney. They take him to the emergency room, and i hear one of the nurses say 'he collapse again'.

Collapse again? again? again? again?

Was it possible that the great Baekhyun had a ty life like me? i shouldnt even think like this, i dont know nothing about him to start speculating. I take my sit in the waiting room, and i decide to just wait and see. But just like the white walls, no one notice me. I see doctors taking their breaks, or nurses doing their routes.

I hear the clock in top of me moving, and hearing a big 'tick tock'. I hate hospitals. I hate them, i hate them i hate them, "excuse me?" i raise my eyes to see the doctor who had follow the nurses earlier. "how is he doctor?" i stand up, "uhm, his fine. But i think you should go, his parents are coming and no one outside the family knows his sick"

What?

"sick? what does he have?" the doctors gives me a look of -i-already-said-to-much- "please" but i beg him. He opens his mouth and gives me all the medical terms. Which i didnt understand, but at the end of the day its call 'cancer'. "now you need to go, the Byun family cant find out that you know about Baekhyun." I nod, but i dont move.

"go!" the doctor pushes me alittle, helping me take my first steps. I slowly do.

 

I get to Joonmyun's house, i press on the intercom thats next to the gates an a maid answers. "can i talk to Joonmyun?" "his asleep" i sigh, "please" the maid lets go of the button, and i dont know if she was going to get Joonmyun for me, or she didnt had the heart to tell me 'go away'. So i wait, and the gates never open. Maybe it was for the best, i had hurt Joonmyun my only friend in the world.

I look at the gate one last time before i turn around to walk to my house, when the loud noise from the gates open stop me. "what do you want?" i give him a hug, and he doesnt welcome it, then it makes me remember the sickness Joonmyun has. Werner syndrome. I had focus my life around him, and thinking he wasnt sick. He was just alittle different.

"i thought we werent friends" i hug him tighter, "your not going to die right?" i ask him, "what?" "your not going to die anytime soon right?" he grabs my arm to push me alittle so he can see my face. "well, my body is going to look older but my mind would still be young" i chuckle. "why are you asking me all of this?"

"no reason..."