1

GOODBYE 20

I start to write the story that has been in my mind for a couple of days now. The characters are not working out for me, theres to much prejudice for the characters to function right. "hey" Joonmyun puts his bag of lunch on the table as he takes the seat infront of me. The noise filling the cafeteria is annoying and i cant concentrate.

I sigh really hard but only Joonmyun care for the reason. But he already knows why. Three tables over, Baekhyun and his friends are making to much noise. More than usual. "whats wrong with them? their acting extra losers today" Joonmyun opens his bag, and takes out the same style of sandwich and his little juice. "well," he comes closer to me.

"Chanyeol had bet Baekhyun to run for miss pageant, and he won!" I close my notebook as i scoff. How in the world could they have not known that Baekhyun is a guy? "it was probably fix" Joonmyun chuckles, "i dont know" he turns around to look at the table where Baekhyun, and his friends are eating. He fixes his thick glasses, "he has features like a girl"

I look too. His fair pale skin, and the way his lips look like his wearing a very small amount of lipstick. Yes, he did kinda look like a girl. "you just had an idea, didnt you?" Joonmyun smirks, "yes" I open the notebook again, and i start to write. My hands take over my body as soon as it touches my pencil. It was like if my hands had a different brain.

I could not make them stop. "well i see you later" "yeah" I hear Joonmyun grabbing his small brown bag, as he stands up getting ready to leave. "becareful behind you" "what?" it was to late Joonmyun bumps into someone, "watch where your going danger feet!" he lowers his face as he continues to apologize. 'Danger feet'. Joonmyun's nickname.

They know how much i hate that nickname, but it was true. Joonmyun is a walking danger. He has a tendency to trip, to fall, to bump into people, so much that thanks to Chanyeol that nickname got stuck. Joonmyun leaves before he causes any more danger to himself or to others. The flow that my hands are moving is starting to slow down. 

As i get stuck again with this new character. It could be the fact that its a bit naive, and plain. Everyone hates characters like this, i close my notebook with frustration. How am i going to be a writer when i get stuck on things like this? "excuse me?" i raise my head, and before i could ask something Baekhyun kisses me. The taste of his mouth runs inside of me.

He begins to my lower lip, as his tongue begs for me to let him in. I dont know whats going on so i let him do everything. When the kiss is over he smiles to me, then turns around raising his arms up to the air, "Chanyeol you lose! give me my ten dollars!!" Baekhyun continues to walk towards his friends, while i stay there trying to figure out what happen.

It was all a bet. Another one. There was a thing that everyone knows about Baekhyun. His the kind of person that doesnt have nothing to lose, if you bet him to 'jump out of a bridge' his reply would be, 'when and how much'. I call him 'risk.

I walk down the hall trying to motivate myself to go to work. It was kinda working, although 'bed' sounds better right now. "Sehun?" i stop with my thoughts, when my literature teacher calls for me. I bow to her, "yes, Mrs. Lee" "can i talk to you for a bit?" i look at my watch, i had five minutes before my shift starts. "sure" i follow her to her room.

"i finish reading your story" she takes a seat, as she look for my assignment. "did i do something wrong?" Mrs. Lee chuckles, "no, not at all. I want it to say how much i loved it" she finally finds my story, "it was very lovely, is this what you want to do? write?" "i dont know" she opens one of her drawers, taking a brochure out. "theres a writing competition, you should sign up" i hesitate before i take the brochure from Mrs. Lee.

"i was looking at your papers, your in the undecided list. You can still change and go to writing"

"ah, i have to go. Im sorry Mrs. Lee" i bow to her "wait, theres something more" i stop to wait for her, "did the person had to die?" i smile to her, not wanting to give the reason away. It was a secret in why i let that person get kill. I speed walk out of her classroom. My family depends on me, what i need is to look for a good job and get money. 

I cant be selfish. "Sehun!! Sehun!" i turn around and see Joonmyun running towards me, he grabs his bagpack afraid it might fly out of his arms. "Sehun!" he puts his hand in my shoulder, as he takes a big breath.

"is it true? Baekhyun kiss you!?" 

"yes" 

"why arent you freaking out?" Joonmyun waves his hands around, i still didnt see his point. It was just a kiss, it wasnt nothing like in the movies. Or how books make you believe they are. "its actually good, it helps me out, now that i know how to do it, i can describe it better in my stories" "Sehun, was that your first kiss?" Joonmyun covers his mouth trying not to giggle.

There was a thing about Joonmyun, that makes him special. There was something wrong in his brain that didnt develop. You dont see it when you see Joonmyun, but the moment he talks you notice. Joonmyun is a child, at least his brain sends signals to his body to make him think he is. But Joonmyun is really smart, one of the reasons why he got into college.

Last year during summer, i need it extra money to buy books for school. I babysat Joonmyun, and Mrs. Kim explain to me everything. Joonmyun reminded me of my brother Eun seok, apart of having a really good personality. Since that moment Joonmyun has been my best friend. And its cool to have a rich friend, that just bonus.

"yes, Joonmyun it is" i chuckle too, "oh i have something for you" Joonmyun opens his bagpack and takes a jar of red skittles, "i bought three bags, i know you only like the red ones, so i ate the rest" i grab the jar, "thank you, i can eat it at work if i feel sleepy!" "where are you going to work today?" i have two jobs, the public library, and the coffee shop.

"today its the library" "oh okay, i'll stop by later so you won't be alone" i nod smiling, "i would like that" i look at my watch, im going to be late. "i have to go Joonmyun" Joonmyun raises his hand and moves his fingers apart, like how they do in star trek "live long and prosper" i do the same, "live long and prosper" i start to run hugging the jar so it wouldnt fall.

I open the doors of the public library and the small bell, rings. Sora turns around and smiles at me. Just like everyday. "hi Sehun" "hi Sora" i go behind the desk, to get ready for my shift. "so how is your mom?" "shes abit better, she can walk alittle but not completely" Sora grabs her things from the desk, so i can have more room. I put my notebook down, and she smiles.

"still writing?"

"yeah"

"what are you going to do in the weekend?"

"im gonna do some extra shifts in the coffee shop" Sora looks down disappointed. Its weird to crush her hopes everytime she asks what im going to do in the weekend. "you can come by, i can give you a free coffee" Sora giggles, she puts her hair behind her ear as she nods. "okay, well i have to go, bye" Sora runs out of the library, and i swear i hear her squealing.

The bell rings again, i raise my face to see who it was and it was him. He looks at me with a little chuckle, "hi" "hi" he cleans his throat, "i didnt know you worked here" "i do sometimes" Baekhyun nods, he puts his hands in his pockets as we run out of things to talk about. "is there something i can help you with?" "ah, right. no i know where it is" Baekhyun walks to the direction to find his book.

And all i can wonder is what kind of bet his doing now? "i found it!" he yells in the empty library, his voice echos around as it hits the walls, making me notice how empty the room is. Baekhyun puts the book down on my desk, i grab it and i put a stamp "its do in a month" Baekhyun grabs the book, and says a low 'thank you'. I have read that book, it was abit sad for what i picture Baekhyun would read.

"by the way, im sorry for the whole kiss thing" Baekhyun moves his hands around his mouth, like if i couldnt remember that happen infront of everyone. "its fine, dont worry about it" "are you sure your not mad?"

I chuckle, why is it so surprising? "yes, actually i should thank you. Now i know how to describe a kiss better" "you write?" i move my hand alittle, "alittle, at least i pretend that i can" "am I a character in your story?"

"Why you ask?"

"Because the thought of living in a book forever, doesn't that make you immortal?"

"why do you want to be immortal? so you can continue to do bets?" i laugh so he wouldnt think i mean it in a rude way. He nods alittle, as he his lips in. The bell rings one more time, then a big 'ouch' comes out of Joonmyun. I stand up, and i run to him "are you okay?" Joonmyun fixes his glasses, "yes, im okay" Baekhyun stands infront of us, holding the book in his hand.

"i'll talk to you later Sehun" he waves the book, before he leaves, making the sound of the bell ring for the fourth time that day. As i see him leave, i play his words again. And i think he was being serious on talking to me again.