Of courage and bold

Tainted Love [Broken]

Kyungsoo inhaled, taking in the clear and fresh air. He closed his eyes and took another deep breath, finding the nervousness seep out of him.

Why was he nervous again? Oh yeah, he was going to finally paint Jongin.

But then, why was he here? In this place that seemed so familiar yet he struggled to grasp how so. He vaguely recalled dreaming of a similar place before, a place full of colourful foliage and pretty fountains, and a beach. Always a beach. Not to mention the tanned boy.

Opening his eyes, he flinched at the close proximity of the other male.

"You scared me" he said, smiling at the younger. He watched Jongin smile sheepishly in return.

"Sorry..but, erm..if you don't mind me asking, what were you doing?" Came his reply. Kyungsoo tilted his head to one side.

"Just thinking" 

Jongin nodded his head in understanding and Kyungsoo observed how the sun seemed to compliment him in every way, showing off the perfect features of the man infront of him.

"...Kyungsoo..." Kyungsoo's eyes refocused on his face and he raised his eyebrows in a questioning manner.

"You were staring" he heard Jongin mumble. A small chuckle escaped his lips.

"I know. I need to stare, remember? I'm painting you." 

Jongins mouthed formed an 'o' as he looked around.

"Wanna go sit?" He said, gesturing to the mansion in the distance. Kyungsoo nodded his head and followed him as Jongin took the lead. Kyungsoo took this time to admire him again, scrutinising his face for every detail, hoping some of it would stick once everything went black. 

They reached the house and Jongin lead them through it, past the kitchen and straight to the beach, taking a seat on the sand. Jongin closed his eyes and leant back on his elbows, angling his head so it faced the sky. Kyungsoo shifted in the seat next to him and to his side, content with staring a Jongin's side profile. He felt small flutters in his stomach as he stared at the male.

"Can I see the painting when you're done?" The youngers question took him by surprise, snapping him out of his trance.

"W-What? Oh..um..yeah, sure. I-I mean, why not" he stuttered. He felt his cheeks grow hot when Jongin giggled. 

He also felt himself smile with Jongin, the first time someone has accomplished that task without making a conscious effort. A gentle breeze saw Jongin's hair fall over his face, and Kyungsoo instinctively reached out to brush his bangs away from his eyes.

He only realised what he'd done when he saw Jongin's shocked expression, probably mirroring his own.

Why did I do that?! Stupid idiot he's gonna think you're weird! He's....blushing?

Kyungsoo looked at the light pink dusted across Jongin's cheeks, he was blushing! The shy smile that coupled his stained cheeks made kyungsoo suddenly realise that maybe it wasn't such a bad thing to do after all.

I wonder if he can hear how loud my heart is beating...

After what felt like hours of chatting with and observing Jongin, Kyungsoo felt the familiar blackness creep into his senses and found himself saying something he hadn't said to Jongin before.

"Goodbye" 

 

ºººººº

 

Groaning as he lifted his head off the desk, he brought his hand up to massage his temples, why was nothing ever straight forward?

Looking at the time that now read 22:24pm, Kyungsoo rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and flicked the light on. Clearly he'd fallen asleep again and it was starting to make Kyungsoo wonder why he slept so often now, because before he began having these dreams he always slept at the same sort of time, always in his bed. 

He sighed loudly and ran his hands through his disheveled hair.

Damn Jongin and his perfectness

Wait, what? No, he shouldn't think about Jongin like that! 

But he is perfect..

He forced himself up and sat infront if the painting. He was going to do it, no regrets. He took his paint brush in his hand and hovered above the canvas. 

He thought about where to start, which light should he paint him in and drew blanks each time. That's when he realised he didn't need to think, he needed to just do. So, with a new determination, his paintbrush met the canvas.

And even though he may not have realised it then, something changed within him.

For the first time ever, Do Kyungsoo painted with his heart.