Of heart-shapped glasses.

Tainted Love [Broken]

Kyungsoo was, for some odd reason, feeling well rested after dreaming with Jongin. He remembers about deciding to paint him, after all, he had already done a sketch and said boy said he can actually do it, right? But, truth be told, Kyungsoo was just staring at the previously prepared canvas. He wasn't even sure about the background anymore, as he was not that fond of beach. He was afraid of it. Would it matter if he changed it? Would Jongin get mad at him for changing their secret place? He found himself thinking about it too much, but he knew it was because this wasn't just a simple panting he wanted to do for fun. This was going to be the central piece of his next exhibition, and the theme of this specific painting had nothing to do with the others. It wasn't perfect.

Love is too dangerous it kills. Was it truth, anyways? He was afraid of it as much as he was afraid of the beach, because he wasn't sure of what could happen there. He knew that if he made a mistake, like trying to swim in deeper waters he could drown. Just like it could happen with love, and that thought made him groan.

He put his earphones on and his iPod, playing his favorite playlist: classical music. He closed his eyes and let the music full him enterly; he never realised when he started painting, and soon, he found himself looking at a beautiful garden, with a lot of leafy trees and wildflowers of different, wonderful colors and a dirt path leading to a beautiful white marble fountain in the left corner top, like if it was far from the public eye. It looked like a secret garden. He realised he left a part in the middle to be able to paint Jongin, but when he was about to give the first , he stopped.

Was he ready to paint Jongin?

He stood up from his old wooden bench and took off his appron after leaving the brushes and paint pallet on his work table, he walked out of his studio. He went searching for his cellphone, ready to call Baekhyun to go out. This was making him tired.

 

Baekhyun raised a brow as soon as he noticed Kyungsoo walking inside his apartment. He was wearing a scarf and a heavy sweater though the weather wasn't too cold but rather pleasant. He knew something was wrong with him because Kyungsoo was a person that didn't get cold easily but, maybe he's been over working and getting everything ready, so Baekhyun supposed he wasn't taking good care of himself. Kyungsoo, in the other hand, noticed his health decreasing.

"What brings you over here, Do Kyungsoo?" Baekhyun asked as he walked towards the kitchen, being followed by Kyungsoo.

"I already started working on the paint you asked me to" he mumbled, making the older man looked at him "I still don't feel comfortable working on it, though, but I suppose it's because I had an initial idea and I just ended up changing it."

Baekhyun smiled, at least, his friend was trying. "That's exactly what love is, it's not always sure and it changes all the time" he said as he offered a can of beer to Kyungsoo "What are you taking as your muse, Kyungsoo?"

Jongin, of course. But Kyungsoo didn't say it out loud. As much as he loved Baekhyun, he just wasn't ready to tell him anything about the tan skinned man. Kyungsoo took the can of beer, open it and sip a little, staring at Baekhyun "I just read some stuff on the Internet and tried to base me on that". Baekhyun just nodded and decided to change the subject. He had a long day today and didn't want to spend this time with his friend talking about that kind of stuff. They both ended up talking for a long time about non sense.

 

Kyungsoo couldn't recognize where he was. Was he dreaming?. He looked around, because he was aware that he was with Baekhyun not to long ago, so how come he ended up here? He started to walk around and soon, he discovered a dirt road, and decided to follow it. He was amazed by the trees and flowers, the colors of them were brighter than anything else and he couldn't keep his eyes away.

Once the road was over he stared at the fountain.
He had seen it somewhere, but where?

Kyungsoo decided to shrug it off and started to look around, and quickly he discovered a beautiful house with the metal gates open wide. It was like a mansion. He hesitated but decided to go in. "J...Jongin?" He doesn't know why he called the name of him, maybe he had hopes to see him there. But no one answered. He walked inside what it seemed to be the living room, it had no furnitures, though. He approached the window. He could see it from there. The beach. 

He hurriedly tried to find a door to leave the house, and once he walked inside the kitchen, he did. He was now walking towards the beach and he soon noticed it was empty.

"Jongin"  he called out again, this time getting a giggle as an answer. "Kyungsoo?" He stopped on the spot as he looked around, trying to find Jongin. 

Jongin was jogging towards Kyungsoo, wearing a pair of shorts and a loose white shirt, he looked happier this time than before. "Kyungsoo, I saw you walking outside that house" he said as he pointed it, Kyungsoo just nodded "That house is abandoned anyways" 

Kyungsoo noticed the slight pout on Jongin's face, but he didn't say anything and just stared at the boy. Would it be okay to ask him anything before he disappeared? 

"Remember I told you I was going to paint you?" Kyungsoo finally said. He was now walking next to Jongin, both of them walking on the shore. Jongin just nodded. "What about it, Kyungsoo'?"

"Well...I, kind of changed it a bit. I wanted to paint the beach at first, but I want to.." 

Jongin's laugh cut Kyungsoo's words, the latter just looked at him with narrowed eyes "I told you, you're talented".

 

Kyungsoo blinked a few times, trying to get his eyes used to the darkness. He realised that he was on Baekhyun's couch and the other boy was on the other couch, sleeping soundly. He took of his phone and checked the hour: 3:33am.

He stood up from the couch and walked to the bathroom, and as soon as he was in, he stood up in front of the mirror, looking at his own reflection.

"You're talented".

Kyungsoo frowned, turned the lights and went back to the couch. But he wasn't able to sleep as Jongin words kept lingering on his mind.