Of Friends and Crazy

Tainted Love [Broken]

"You're weird"

"Gee thanks Baek, nice to know what you think of me" Kyungsoo said, eyeing his friend dubiously. The other male had forced himself into his apartment after he had made the mistake of opening the door, the two were now sitting on Kyungsoo's brown leather sofa. 

Baekhyun chuckled, placing his coffee on the table infront of them.

"Not like that, it's just you've been awfully isolated these few days and I'm worried about you" his friend said, concern evident in the way he looked at Kyungsoo. The latter sighed and sank further into the cool material. It was true; ever since he started hearing voices he shut himself away, only going out to buy paint when necessary.

"I've just been busy, you know..finishing my paintings and stuff" he mumbled, glancing at Baekhyun. Said male rolled his eyes.

"It's not just that though..you seem different" Baekhyun paused, looking for the right words to say "maybe it's stress or something..I don't know-I feel like you're not telling me something.." He trailed off avoiding the doe eyed males gaze.

Kyungsoo did feel guilty, but at the same time he couldn't tell Baekhyun about Jongin, about the voice in his head; he'd think he was crazy. And Jongin wasn't someone to be shared with the whole world.

Kyungsoo

Kyungsoo wanted to cry, of all the times his voice could echo in his head it was when he was trying to be normal. He felt a sudden urge to sleep again but ignored it and tried to block out the familiar voice as he looked straight at Baekhyun and put on his best smile.

"Haha Baek I'm fine, really. I suppose it's the stress, I did have to completely redesign and paint a new piece as well as finishing the others"

Hey

Baekhyuns face relaxed into a small smile. "As long as you're okay" he said gently. Kyungsoo nodded in response.

"Well I should get going, it's getting late! I'll see you later okay?" Baekhyun said, glancing at his watch. 

"Okay, take care Baek" Kyungsoo got up, showing his friend out.

Can you hear me?

"Bye!" The chirpy male sang as he strutted out of the door. Kyungsoo could only roll his eyes, what a diva. He closed the door and turned to face his empty apartment.

Kyungsoo

"Stop!" He yelled to his empty apartment. He couldn't take it anymore, he felt like he was insane. He was so sure that the voice was Jongin's, but how was that possible because he was only a dream! A stupid dream that had gone too far. The voice had been getting clearer and more frequent and he'd always feel drowsy when it spoke to him; frankly he'd had enough.

He grabbed his head in his hands, tugging on his hair as he slid down the length of the door and curled into a ball. He couldn't deal with this; he didn't want anything to ruin his perfect life, and then all of a sudden he was having strange dreams that dont seem like dreams anymore because they're too real, too vivid to be a figment of his imagination yet there was no other explanation as to what they could be.

What had he done to deserve this?

Sorry

"Why?" The question came out as a whisper, almost a sob of frustration. After a week of the voice speaking to him he wanted to find out why it was happening, why him, why now, why everything.

He closed his eyes in frustration, the drowsiness that had become recently familiar began to overwhelm his senses but he didnt want to sleep.

"N-no" he protested weakly, stifling a yawn. He tried to force his eyes open but they felt too heavy for him to lift, unwilling to move for him. Eventually he stopped trying to fight the wave of sleepiness crashing down on him and gave in.

Images of Jongin flashed briefly across his mind before he was pulled into a deep sleep.