Prologue

Find Me When I Am Lost [DISCONTINUED]

 

 

“Come to me my baby.” The little pianist’s mother said extending her arms towards her genius daughter and taking her tiny body in her arms. “You did very well. You were perfect my little princess.” She smiled.

The little 5 year old smiled at her mother. “I wanna walk!” she exclaimed.

“Okay!” her mother laughed. “But don’t let go of my hand or you might trip little Jiae.” Then she put her down.

Min Jiae, the little pianist, was the youngest genius in the family. She had learned playing multiple instruments such as piano and the violin before even being able to walk properly.

She was the pride of the Min family. But as she grew up, they also began worrying about her. What if she wouldn’t be able to make friends? What if they hated her because of the huge envy they felt? That wouldn’t be a huge surprise for them as almost everyone of them had experienced this before.

So, the family of the latest genius Min Jiae decided on something. They would teach her not to expose her skills.

At the age of 7, when she had already gotten used to her lifestyle as Korea’s little musical genius, they decided to begin the training. Her instructor would be her big sister, the one who was hurt the most during her teenage days because of her outstanding memory.

“My baby sister, my Jiae,” she had begun talking “You know that you are a genius right?”

Jiae had nodded her head.

“But don’t forget that the lives of geniuses are lonely.” She had continued. “So, you should stop being a genius.”

With that, Min Jiae’s days of suppressing her true nature and becoming more and more reserved began.

Her family wasn’t happy about her change, but they knew that even this was better than being a genius.

Now, Min Jiae, the girl who keeps an outstanding talent and the knowledge of playing almost all instruments inside her, is the idiot of the school. The one who keeps getting bullied because she is as dumb as a potato at everything.

What have you become, Min Jiae?... She thinks once again as she steps foot on the school grounds.

 

*--*--*--*--*

 

Kim Minseok was always bad at expressing affection towards something or someone. He had always done the exact opposite of what he had thought.

As a kid, when he saw something he liked, he would break it instead of taking good care of it; when he saw a girl he liked, he would throw numerous insults her way instead of the nice things on his mind.

And he hasn’t changed a bit since then. As a teenager, he still is the same. But worse, much much worse.

He had his eyes set on Min Jiae now, thinking that something was off with her.

I know that she hides something, it’s cute. He thought as he spotted her at the gates and shouted “Yah, you stupid ! How can you still come to school when you know it is of no use? Oh wait, you aren’t even capable of that right?”

The whole school had laughed with him as the girl mentioned lowered her head more and ran towards her class.

Minseok felt guilty, but he just couldn’t stop his laughter.

Yeah, go inside your class little girl. He thought as he looked after her. At least there, you have friends who care about you.

 

______________________________________

Here's the prologue. It's a bit... weak in my opinion, so I might just rewrite it. Who knows?

And sorry about the long wait. And sorry that I will probably make you wait longer this time. ^^

But I will update sometime in the future, I promise! *winks!*