Happy Birthday, Dru!

When Chanlli Meet Baby

 

"Happy Birthday, Dru!"

 

 

It’s baby Dru’s fourth birthday and mommy along with daddy have a small party planned. Different with his first birthday that’s celebrated a little extravagant by his grandpas and grandmas, for his upcoming birthday, mommy Jinri and daddy Chanyeol planned to have a little family time for the three of them only. Daddy promised to get off work early while mommy has a day off from the art gallery.

Dru woke up with amazement in his eyes when he saw his mom and dad is still around the house when he woke up. He lazily rubbed his eyes while walking out from his room before he peed, and when he totally woke up, he sat on the couch, watching his parents.

“Mommy” he called his mommy who’s preparing the breakfast.

“Yes, Honey?” she replied as she made Dru his favorite chocolate milk.

“Why Mommy is still wearing pajamas?”

“Mommy woke up late for you, Dru” his daddy answered, walking to him as he took Dru on his lap.

“Why?” the cute toddler asked.

“Because….” Daddy Chanyeol looked at his beloved son who’s waiting for him to continue his answer. “It’s Andrew Park birthday!” he answered while taking Dru for a quick lift and moving in circle, making Dru giggled loudly.

“Today is my birthday?”

“Yes! Happy birthday Dru…” his daddy said, hugged him tight and kept kissing his face until the baby wanted to move away from his father. He released Dru and he quickly ran to his mommy.

“Happy birthday, Dru. Wish you all the very best, Honey. Are you happy to see us this morning?” mommy Jinri said softly, kissed him on his cheek while ruffling on his dark hair. Dru smiled and nodded happily.

“Are you two going to stay home? Are we going to play?” he excitedly asked.

“First, it’s not holiday and you’re still going for the playgroup. But, mommy will take you home and I will bring you, some surprise” daddy Chanyeol winked at the baby and he quickly hugged his daddy.

“Can I have my Iron Man action figure?” he looked at his dad with an expecting glance.

“Surprise” daddy Chanyeol answered while grinning happily to his son and decided to spend the morning by playing Wii with him in front of the television.

“We don’t have Wii, Daddy” Dru looked surprised to the set of Wii placed in the living room. They usually playing around the Play Station 3 his father owned. How a Wii miraculously came into their house?

“It’s your birthday gift from Uncle Jongin” his mommy replied from the kitchen.

“Yayyyyyyyyy!” Dru happily responded.

“Don’t forget to say thanks to him, Baby” mommy Jinri reminded, placing the bread in the table. Now it’d be the best time for her to get herself ready since her two guys enjoyed a game in front of the TV.

When Dru and daddy ended the game and had the breakfast, mommy Jinri quickly cleaned up the house before taking Dru for bath. She prepared his son as they’re going to drive Dru to his playgroup. It’s really a delightful birthday for Dru. He got his mommy and daddy being attentive for him, not leaving him as usual with his grandma while he’s being sent to playgroup by his grandma or sometimes his grandpa. But it’s good, to have mommy and daddy sent him to the playgroup, He could brag to his friends, he has a perfect mommy and daddy, just like what his friends always told him about their parents.

Dru is happy for having today as his birthday and he wished his parents would do this more often.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Mommy, you should know that I drew a robot today” Dru said happily as he walked hand in hand with his mommy.

Mommy Jinri smiled to him as they walked around the neighborhood. The weather was nice and having a walk with Dru is somehow reminisced the day she’s pregnant with him while walking around with her husband.

“What kind of robot did you draw?”

“Iron Man!” he grinned happily, just like his daddy always does. “I drew it very well, Mommy you have to see it”

“Ok, I will see it at home” mommy Jinri smiled to his baby boy. “Do you have fun there?”

“Yes…”

“What do you have for lunch?”

“It’s chicken curry. It’s so delicious, but grandma made better one. And oh pudding! The teacher give me pudding, I love it”

“Really? It’s good then…”

And the chatter continued as they walked to home. Mommy Jinri always heard from the teacher that he’s quite an interesting little boy with big curiosity. Dru is active in class and he listened well to the teacher. Sometimes he’s living in his own thought though, pretending to be Iron Man, his favorite super hero. It’s fine though, Jinri and Chanyeol never thought that their child would be this active. But looking from his father side, it’s really clear where Dru got his active and outgoing personality. He may inherit his mommy’s face, but he’s daddy’s baby boy inside.

When they reached home, Dru was having his lunch and got his nap along with mommy. It’s nice to spend the napping time with mommy Jinri read for Dru, but in the end the mommy fell asleep faster than the baby. Dru sneakily played around with his mommy’s face and laughed on his own, but he fell asleep too, following mommy to the dreamland.

 

As promised, daddy Chanyeol came home earlier and helped mommy Jinri to prepare the food fiesta they’re having. He came home with so many gifts for Dru. Uncle Baekhyun, Uncle Tao, Uncle Junmyeon, Uncle Sehun, along with his grandpas and grandmas sent birthday gifts for Dru while his mom’s coworkers and friend, like aunt Amber and aunt Vic, sent him another gifts also. Dru was absorbed in the gift-opening activity he let his mom and dad enjoyed sometimes at the kitchen.

Mommy Jinri prepared the food while daddy Yeol wandering around the kitchen, either helping his wife or just plainly playing around with the food.

“Honey, could you please stop eating the fries? I should fries it again and again…” she commented when she caught her husband talking about his day while munching on the fries.

“Here, let me fry some more…” he said, taking a lead on the stove.

“Don’t mess around… It’s Dru’s birthday. How come he doesn’t have any food prepared for dinner?”

“Don’t worry…” he replied, smiling to her as he unintentionally kissed her forehead.

“What are you doing?” she asked him, confused. She’s cutting the vegetables with her hair messily made into bun and she has her clothes covered with the apron and she thought she looks not attractive at all with the sweat around her neck as she prepared the birthday dinner for the three of them. But how could her husband suddenly kissed her like that.

“You’re beautiful, I just want to kiss you” he blurted his reason, smiling to her.

She chuckled like she’s listened to a very weird joke. “Honey, come on… Stop playing around and help me fry more fries for dinner”

“I’m not playing around. I’m appreciating my wife, how could she not understand that?”

“She’s busy preparing the dinner for her husband and her baby boy, but she has to cope with her childish husband who played around in the kitchen” she commented, hiding her smile because somehow, they like acting up like this.

“Oh my wife is so beautiful when she acts like this…” Chanyeol said as he smiled widely, teasing her more.

“Oh seriously Honey, our baby is waiting to blow the candles on his ice cream cake” she rolled her eyes, warning her serious intention.

After the chaotic dinner preparation, finally all of them could enjoy the wonderful meal prepared by mommy Jinri along with daddy Chanyeol and as the main event, an ice cream cake prepared for Dru. It’s a Pororo’s ice cream cake and Dru looked at it delightfully, he couldn’t stop looking at it with awesome stare. His daddy placed him at the top of the dinner chair, making him ready to blow the candle. After the happy birthday song and wish list being mentioned for him, Dru blew it perfectly.

He happily looked at his mom and dad who cherished him. Dru tasted the cake with his fingers, which earned a glare from his mommy. “Dru you have to use the fork to take it…” she said, wiping his fingers with the wet tissue.

 

“The cake is so delicious, Mom!” he commented, smiling with the cream covering his lips.     

“Ok, now who wants the cake?” daddy Yeol came with the plates and cake knife, ready cutting it.

It’s just the three of them, no big party, no huge celebration, but the three of them enjoyed their togetherness. Dru happily playing with his daddy while sometimes his mom would help him eating the cake well and they would just laugh all along watching the cartoon on the TV. As usual, daddy Chanyeol wouldn’t forget to take a picture of them and posted it on the SNS, earning so many comments of how adorable his little family is.

The night ended when Dru finally asleep on his daddy’s lap. They’re all too tired with their fun activity, making daddy half awaken taking Dru to his room. Mommy Jinri had just done cleaning up the kitchen and the living room, she would do the dish washing on the next day; she’s tired also. But when she’s ready to sleep, she didn’t hear her husband’s voice. Curious, she walked to Dru’s room and found that her husband was asleep along with Dru on, hugging him on his bed.

Mommy Jinri could only chuckled and decided to have her two boys sleeping together. She covered them with the blanket and kissed both of them good night.

Happy birthday, Dru. Wish you all the very best and hopefully you’re happy and getting better every day. Now that you’re asleep with daddy, let mommy enjoyed the bed on her own…

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------