It's a Boy

When Chanlli Meet Baby

 

 

“Congratulation Mr. and Mrs. Park, it’s a boy”

It’s what the doctor said and listening to it, Chanyeol and Jinri couldn’t be happier than they already feel. Normally, baby’s gender could be seen starting on week twenty, but this little baby refused to show it to their parents until the 23rd week. Finally, they could see the baby gender and told their family about it. It’s happy news, of course. Their baby would be the second grandchildren in Chanyeol’s house while it’d be the first grandchild at Jinri’s. But still, the baby boy will be loved by both families and of course, by his parents.

Jinri’s baby bump is getting bigger and bigger, she started to feel the baby kicking her. The baby kicked her when she ate something the baby dislike, or if she felt tired, or when he wanted to eat something. And lately, the kick had been coming often. Funny thing was that daddy Yeol always teased the baby. He enjoyed it a lot when he hugged his wife while rubbing the stomach softly, the baby would have a small kick. And before sleep, he would talk with the baby and listen to the respond, the kick. Jinri was happy to know that her husband, finally, accepted the presence of the baby.

At first, during the few weeks of her pregnancy, Chanyeol would be found away from her. He didn’t really felt comfortable to be a father in such a young age though. She’s aware of this, but how could they refuse the blessing that God gave to them?

They had fight, a furious one, when she felt so tired and Chanyeol didn’t do much. He was in a bad mood that day and he’s so cranky. She felt the same way too, tired with her morning sickness, tired with her weak body. And it happened. Shouting to each other, arguing to the point they kept screaming but in the end, it’s all ended when she cried helplessly on the floor. And Chanyeol realized; he’s being too much.

Jinri got a fleck that day after the fight and he’s extremely feeling worried and guilty. The baby was still so small, the bump didn’t even appear yet, but somehow he felt all stressful and anxious. If there’s ever something happened to her and the baby, he swore he would never forgive himself. All night, he’s staying awake in the hospital, waiting for Jinri that’s being checked by the doctor. She’s having a deep sleep that night; thank God nothing happened to the two. And that’s the turning point for daddy Yeol.

Chanyeol changed to the better. He apologized to her, asking for her forgiveness. She forgave him, of course. And they started a brand new day during the pregnancy. He always came for her, picking her up from her office, and spent more time for Jinri and the baby. It improved her health also, and Jinri couldn’t be happier than this.

And as the baby grew up, her stomach grew bigger and bigger, making it hard for her to walk away. Somehow Chanyeol used it to though; he kept calling her “fatty”. Or sometimes, he would secretly walked behind her and when he thought she’s not aware, he would call her so when she turned around, her bump would hit his belly and he would just laugh. Jinri sometimes couldn’t understand how childish her husband could be. But she enjoyed his massage around her side and her stomach when the sleeping time came.

Like just any other night, that night, Jinri leaned to the headboard of their bed and as she softly the baby bump, she looked at the book she’s reading. It’s a baby names’ book and she couldn’t wait to check on it. Ever since doctor confirmed the baby gender, she’s getting excited to prepare the clothes, the nursery room, and of course, the name.

“What do you think the baby name would be?” she asked Chanyeol who’s still typing on his laptop.

“Hmmmm”

“What?” she asked.

“I don’t know… What do you want?” he replied, moved away from his laptop to lean to the headboard next to her.

“Something simple, something that we both comfortable with…”

“We both knew already that all you want is English name, Baby” Chanyeol said as he softly her cheek, kissing the side of her head.

“Well, we can do something… Remember when we walked around the Buckingham Palace? I saw the sign of Prince Andrew, and I-“

“And you told me that you want to have a baby named Andrew” Chanyeol cut her words and completed it for her. She just chuckled as she heard him.

“But what are we going to call him, huh?” Chanyeol raised his eyebrows, thinking. It’s fine to have an English name, but it should be easy to remember for their parents also.

“I can’t imagine calling my baby ‘And’. Like, ‘And, where are you?’ And to call him Andrew is too long, Honey” her husband complained.

“Well that’s sound weird…” she said in agreement.

“Hmm..” Chanyeol hummed again. “What to call him then…”

Jinri also wondered what to call the baby, she had no idea. What would be a fit nickname for baby Andrew?

“Would it be possible to call him “Drew”? Like, “Drew, Drew, Drew” hahahaha that’d be weird too” Chanyeol said again, shook his head. But his wife didn’t say anything.

“Baby?”

“Say it again” she said, almost like a whisper.

“Hmm? Baby?”

“No…” she shook her head. “The baby nickname”

“Huh? Drew?”

Jinri bit her lower lip like she’s in pain but then she smiled. “Say it again”

Chanyeol still have no idea what’s with her, but he followed though. “Drew”

Jinri smiled. She took Chanyeol’s hand and placed his palm to the center of her stomach. “Call him again” she said, smiling to him.

“Drew” he said, a little loud. And he felt it. The baby kicked!

“Can you feel it?” she asked him.

“Drew” he called him again. And Chanyeol could feel the kick again. This time, he smiled wider.

“Does he know we’re calling him?” Chanyeol asked her.

“Probably?”

Chanyeol smiled and softly rubbed her stomach. “Hey, Drew…”

Another kick received.

“You like that name, Buddy? Let’s go with Andrew then…” he decided and Jinri smiled to her husband, feeling happy that they finally found a name for the baby.

“Let’s just write it as ‘Dru’, it’s simpler that way” she suggested and he agreed.

“Hi Dru” he called him again and the baby responded, still with the kick and it’s more than just a single kick, he kicked twice.

“He’s so excited” she said.

“I guess our baby would be an excited baby, just like me” Chanyeol said, winking to her.

“Yes, but he’ll have my feature…”

“No way, Baby. Dru will have my feature for sure…”

“Whatever. You’ll see” she said, pinching his cheeks cutely.

Oh yeah, the young couple would never stop bickering. Not even when the baby is around…

 

 

When the delivery came, it’s on Saturday night. Everyone came to the hospital, all to support Jinri and the baby as well as Chanyeol. He couldn’t get in first, he felt so weak seeing his wife has been struggling to deliver their baby. But in the end, he convinced himself that he must accompany her, so he went inside the delivery room.

And he came just in time. When he held his wife’s hand, supporting her, he finally heard it. The baby’s cry. Chanyeol almost fell to the floor, seeing the red baby kept crying over and over again. So when the doctor gave the baby to him, he couldn’t hold on his tears. The little baby boy, crying on his hands, and he could never felt more touched than this. It’s his baby and he’s crying, when he’s on his daddy’s hands. He carefully took him to his mother and Chanyeol couldn’t hold his tears again when he saw Jinri kissed the baby and smiled towards it. It’s his precious two persons, staying together.

“Hello, Baby…” Jinri said softly to the baby and she managed to give her first milk to the baby. The baby was so calm, attached to his mother and Jinri couldn’t say anything else but just staring to the baby.

He’s so cute. White milky skin that’s still covered with a little blood, big eyes, small nose, she couldn’t do much check on his feature, but she loved him nonetheless. When she’s done, the nurse took the baby away from her to be cleaned. The nurse gave Chanyeol a chance to see his baby again. And he took it to kiss his forehead, ignoring the blood that’s still there.

“Hello, Andrew Park. Welcome to the world”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Baby Dru is here, Guys :)