Mommy's Baby Boy

When Chanlli Meet Baby

 

"Mommy's Baby Boy"

 

 

“Dru, please get off of Mommy…” Jinri softly said to her little baby. Dru acted up this morning, he wouldn’t stop messing with his mommy’s clothes or bag or shoes or phone or whatever his mommy’s stuffs that he could touch, grab, and throw; and now he’s hugging her mom’s legs, making her impossible to walk.

Jinri, being a busy curator at the art museum, felt that her baby couldn’t stop torture her this morning. He woke her up too early by today (at two in the morning and he wouldn’t stop crying and craving for her milk again and again!), when he finally asleep, it’s already 5 and Jinri only left with an hour sleep before she started the day. When she’s done taking a bath, Dru already woke up and played with his daddy. It’s good, Chanyeol was a late morning person so when the baby asked him to play, she felt thankful to have her husband taken care of the baby, even though it only lasted for less than an hour.

Dru noticed that his mommy about to go away for work, so being an active baby, he started to do whatever he wanted with his mom. At first Jinri still maintained her patience, but the more Dru messed up with her bag and the stuff inside (with unending cries and screams), Jinri couldn’t stop but yell at her baby.

“Andrew Park! Stop scream and stay silent!” she snapped at the baby and Dru effectively stopped whatever he’s doing and looked at his mom in a scared look.

“Hey, what happened here?” daddy Yeol came up as he’s just done with his bath; hair damped while he’s trying to dry his hair. “Honey?” he looked at his wife who happened to cover her face with both of her palms.

Dru, seeing his mom almost crying at the corner, burst his tears first before anyone could hear Jinri’s soft sob. Chanyeol sighed and attentively came up to Dru that’s holding his mommy’s brush while crying.

“Hey, Big Boy. What’s with the tears?” Chanyeol asked as he put baby Dru in his arm.

At a time like this, Jinri felt that things turned drastically. She always thought that she’s the good mom and Chanyeol was the bad dad, but here she was, almost crying at the corner of the living room while her husband calmed the baby. Dru hugged his daddy’s neck and buried his face on his chest, while her husband softly patted Dru’s back.

“It’s okay, mommy just a little surprise with your act, Dru. It’s fine” daddy Yeol said, trying to stop his baby’s cries. It pained him whenever he saw Dru crying. He never wanted to get angry to him, and even though there’s a time he almost snapped at him, his wife always reminded him that yelling over the baby would only result a fear of the parents from the baby, so he tried his best to press his emotion and anger towards Dru. But seeing his wife got angry towards Dru, he just knew that she got her limit.

Chanyeol eyed Jinri who appeared confused and awkward after she yelled at Dru. Once Dru got calmer, he placed the baby at his crib and walked to Jinri who’s sitting at the kitchen.

“Good morning” he said softly as he kissed the side of her head. Jinri just looked at him blankly, partially feeling guilty and partially feeling confused on what to tell or what to explain.

“Your coffee” she said, giving him his coffee mug. Two spoon of coffee and three spoon of sugar, hot water.

“Thank you” he replied, accepting his mug and took a sip of it before he held her hand and softly caressed it. “Are you okay?”

Jinri closed her eyes and shook her head. “I failed”

“Hey” Chanyeol left his mug and cupped Jinri’s face, she almost crying again. “You didn’t fail anything”

“I snapped at Dru. What if he hates me? What if he doesn’t want me around anymore? He’s just seven months now and I couldn’t handle my emotion”

“He’s fine. Don’t you see him?” Chanyeol said as he appointed at Dru who’s now busy with his soft toy on his crib. He forgot his tears already and kept biting his toys. “No worry, Baby”

“I felt terrible” Jinri whispered helplessly as she looked at her husband.

“It’s fine, I’m sure he’ll be ok. He won’t hate you, if that’s what you’re worrying about. You’re his mom, his favorite person he wanted to mess with…Hehe” Chanyeol playfully ruffled her hair, adding his signature wide smile. Jinri scoffed as she saw her husband. He’s been a very nice and mature husband the past few months after the arrival of baby Dru and she felt so grateful towards it.

“Time to work, isn’t it?” Chanyeol said as he looked at his watch.

Jinri nodded and checked herself one more time before taking her hand bag, leaving a kiss for her husband and now ignorant baby Dru. He just got busy with his toys and didn’t pay attention to his mom.

“Dru, Mommy gotta go... Be a good boy, okay?” she said as she cupped Dru’s face and kissed his cheeks. The baby just looked at her in annoyance and played with his toys again.

“Have a good day, Honey” Chanyeol said before closing the door. He knew that his wife felt bad for having their baby yelled at but then again, this little baby might need it since he’s been a bit less behaving lately.

Chanyeol checked on his watch, he got ten minutes to get ready to work before dropping Dru at his mother’s house; their usual schedule when Jinri and he got to be on work on the same day. Time to get ready…

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jinri felt like she’s enjoying the time of her sleep right when she got a smack on her face. Still with her sleepy face, she opened her eyes and found Dru looked at her.

“Mmmmm” he mumbled as he appointed his mommy’s face.

“Hey, don’t you should be asleep, Dru?” Jinri said softly, shifting from sleeping to sitting. Next to her, Chanyeol slept peacefully as he hugged Dru’s teddy bear.

Dru crawled from his bed to his mommy and suddenly sitting on her lap while he played with his minion toys. Jinri who previously was feeling so sleepy suddenly smiled to herself and placed Dru properly on her lap. She caressed Dru’s baby hair and tucked it to the back of his ear. He has such a thick black hair, just like his daddy but his face obviously looked like her, which Jinri noticed. Her little baby boy appeared to be her mini me.

“Don’t you want to sleep, Dru?” Jinri asked her baby helplessly. Her body was so tired from all of the work and travel she’s been doing the past week, she knew her baby just asked a few of her time but whenever she got a free time, all she wanted was sleeping while Dru being active all the time. She got him at his worst during the first few months of his arrival; he stayed awake at three in the morning, crying nonstop. That time, Chanyeol was not mature yet to help her taking care of the baby, most of the time Jinri stayed awake alone just to check on her baby since she knew, there’s no way her husband would awake at that hour. But day by day, he learned to be more and more mature and helpful husband, being attentive for her and turned into a very caring daddy for Dru all the time.    

Dru suddenly stopped playing around and silently looked at his mom and cupped her face with his tiny fatty fingers. The baby eyed her and gave her a very handsome smile that made Jinri’s heart fluttered. Her baby smiled at her, wholeheartedly.

“What’s with the smile, hmm?” she said, pecked the top of his head. Baby Dru giggled and just laughed, making his mommy smiling again.

“Do you want to play with Mommy?” Jinri asked her baby again and to her surprise, baby Dru smiled and nodded, just like he understood what his mommy been saying. So Jinri picked him up and playfully kissed his stomach, making the baby feeling ticklish and laughed. It’s late at night, but he has his energy at his best. He’s really cute and Jinri couldn’t stop adore his only son; he’s such a happy baby despite his grumpy facial expression whenever his father . And Jinri felt happy because no matter what, her little baby would be always be hers to protect, to love.

Jinri ended up leaving her comfortable sleep to play around with Dru who happened to have more interest on his toys compared to sleep, but it’s okay for his mommy. So in the end, she joined Dru and his minion toys until her baby decided to hug her neck and looked at her with a sleepy face. It’s milk time…

So mommy Jinri took her baby on her lap and feeding him, just like she always do for her baby. He calmly drank his milk and sometimes took his mommy hair and played with it. Jinri would look at his baby and softly caressed his skin while he started to get loose, stopped playing with her hair and in the end, he fell asleep. Jinri let him stayed for a while until the sleepy feeling attacked her, but she felt too sleepy to take care of anything that she let her baby sleeping as she hugged him on her chest.

When the morning came, Chanyeol shrugged and awakened as he felt the sun fell on his face. He slowly opened his eyes and carefully scanned his surroundings. It’s their room, he noticed. His hand automatically moved to the bed next to him as he knew, baby Dru usually would be there, sleeping next to him, but his hand felt nothing. He looked to his side and found a beautiful view.

His wife, Jinri, was asleep as she put her baby on her chest while her baby comfortably snuggled to his mom. Chanyeol smiled to himself as he saw it, noticing that his wife and their baby made a cute duo together. Softly, he moved closer to Jinri and carefully took baby Dru out of her arms and securely placed the baby on his crib while letting Jinri changed her position from sitting to sleeping. Jinri spoke Gibberish as she felt her body being moved by Chanyeol, but then her husband just smiled and kissed her cheek before covered her with the blanket.

“Sleep tight, Baby” he softly whispered to her, immediately sent her to the dreamland.

And as the morning begin; daddy Yeol got himself busy on the kitchen preparing breakfast for two. If they’re lucky enough, baby Dru won’t be awake in the next three hours while his mommy and daddy having their breakfast. But if baby Dru awaken, well, they’re just going to have breakfast together then as three. As he prepared the breakfast, Chanyeol got himself a happy thought on how his wife would appraise him for being a good cook. Ah the good thought…

But in seconds, he could hear his baby made a noise, informing his morning ritual. So daddy Yeol could only sigh and laugh to himself, no morning date for him and his wife.

“Ok Baby Dru, time to rise and shine!”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------