Part 7

A Distant Memory

Jackson has been breathing day by day, not necessarily living. Treating girls like things and nothing special was getting a toll on the team. The other boys were losing out on the full energy because Jackson's effort for the performances were never all there. JB was getting stressed that everything was going downhill and soon, they'll fall if one of their members don't own up to his position. As much as Jackson has been told to keep up, he always slacks, losing time out of practice or coming home later than usual which the boys always had to cover up for him. Because of his selfish acts, the guys had to put in extra energy. It was becoming a burden for all.

 

"Jackson, get yourself together. I'm sick of it!" The friend, leader of the group exploded in the middle of practice.

Jackson wasn't getting the step right when he was one of the main dancers. His flips were no longer on count either. It screwed everyone over and this time, someone spoke up about it.

"Sorry, let's try again." Jackson avoided the gaze and went back to his position.

"You are wasting my time? You are wasting our time! Get your life together! I know it's hard because of your heartbreak, but be a man! This isn't the end of the world!" JB argued back, hoping to get some sense into the one who lost it all.

Jackson was now furious at how JB had talked to him. His mind was already fogged up with so much and with JB acting up, it was going to go down. Being the one who always said they were a team when times got hard, Jackson didn't care anymore. He had anger in him and he was going to release it. "Hyung, it's not as easy as you say. Obvoiusly, you've never experienced love before!" He walked over to JB and shoved him.

"I don't need to experience it to know I have sense! You're reacting to it all wrong! Treating girls like trash and letting us all carry your crap!"

"You surely aren't helping my like an older brother!"

"Ha, I haven't helped you?" JB shoved Jackson into the mirror. "That's all I've been doing. Covering for you when manager asked where you've gone into the middle of the night. Hell, Jackson! You are so blind and ungrateful!"

It was then when Mark stepped in with Jr's help to pull them apart. They both knew that what JB said was true, but also understanding Jackson's point of view and his state, they felt very sympathetic. The three younger ones, Youngjae, BamBam, and Yugyeom sat on the count observing their older brothers. Youngjae stood up and walked the perimeter of the room as BamBam patted the youngest on on the back who had his head in him hands, unable to watch the scene unfolding in front of his eyes.

Jr pulled JB away to calm him down, advising him to be calm and cool, telling him that he knew exactly how he felt. Jr addressed that handling it the way JB did wasn't the greatest way. JB comprehended, but didn't say a word, letting his breath slowly dwindle down.

As for Mark, he had taken Jackson out into the break room and sat him down. Mark, doing the same as Jr, said similar things to cool the heated Hong Kong fencer down. Tears were the only things that spoke from Jackson. He knew he was being ridiculous and admitted that JB was right, but it was hard for him to change his ways now. He cursed at himself for not thinking of how he had affected the rest with his personal matters that he didn't know how to take care of. He told Mark he was sorry for his immaturity. They remained in the break room for quite sometime before returning.

----

The money was building up and eventually I'll reach my plan. Lisa and Henry often found time to spend with me since they were the closest to me. I revealed my goal to them and they were supportive of the idea, even offering to help. I refused to receive help because I wanted this all to be my own doing since it was my problem which they were bummed about, but unnderstood.

"So when is this happening?" Henry questioned.

"As soon as I get the amount I need." I shrugged.

Henry's gaze was saddening to see. "I just received a call from a friend of his in Korea last night. Jackson doesn't seem to be in a good condition right now."

My airways clogged up at what the reason might be. Is he physically hurt, mentally broken, or emotionally torn?

"What happened to him?!" I couldn't hide away the worry. Lisa patted my hands to sooth away the agonizing feeling.

Henry attempted to make his explanation not sound so bad. "Jackson has been slacking in his performances. It'd be best if you can make your plan happen soon so he can have his emotions settled."

I nodded my head, but the anxiousness in me didn't vanish one bit.

----

Jackson had apologized to each member, asking for forgiveness about his bitterness. Being close friends like they are, they forgave him and also apologized for neglecting his feelings sometimes as well. The happy circle became trouble-free after addressing that the only way to succeed is if they all work with each other like a team would. It all didn't completely change Jackson's player ways, but it had toned down a little. It was more controlled now than before. s were not aware of his whereabouts even though his girls still changed from days after days and weeks after weeks.

"I believe I've completely washed her way." Jackson made his announcement in the relaxing atmosphere of their living room. Each one of them were sprawled out on the floor or couch.

"Are you feeling okay about that?" The Thai member asked to be sure.

"Yeah, it either I'm completely over her or completely numb about it." He held onto a pillow, squeezing like it held all his feelings "Either way, I'm over it."

"Really? Just like that?" JB chimed in. "I'm glad to see you more content."

Mark being so attractive, was actually the one who thought of his future most, straying away from girls. "Work hard first, play hard later. Girl can wait, bro."

Yugyeom was so shocked at Mark's response. "Wow hyung, you're so cool. How can you be like that when girls come at you like nothing?" Of course he was teasing Mark. The eldest threw an extra pillow at the youngest and the chuckles of the room echoed.

----

After restless hours and countless times I've wished for today to happen, it had finally paid off. Tomorrow is the day and I will finally make things right. I hope along the way nothing goes wrong because everythin has been wrong for the past years and months that I was now ready to not let my pride get in the way. It's a surprise and I will make it memorable.

Henry had given me the information I needed and I will surely be on my way to somewhere where I will renew what matters to me most. No knows beside Lisa and Henry and I'll be keeping it that way until my presence is made known. As nervous as I am, I was more excited and hopeful because I believed that there is no fail if there's a try. Distance has no boundaries and I'll prove that. I gathered my belongings, my necessities, and rested once the night appeared. Early in the morning, I'll be off and tomorrow night, I will be somewhere new as someone knew.